SL is almost as bad as MOP

Disaster.

I don’t know if they can ever recover after this one.

40% unsubs.

Yea. Good. Maybe if you listened to players about grinds then maybe. Another maybe is less systems and more areas to level.

(removed because some are ignoring other points)!~

11 Likes

how you dare to compare THIS to mop

55 Likes

You mean the expansion most people will tell you had an amazing class design and all?

Solid thought process if you were trying to bash on SL

21 Likes

MOP was a sub bleed expansion.

1 Like

Nah. There was a general drop off at the start 'cause “Panda no zug zug”

Also the sudden increase in daily quests spooked people off.

Other than those points, MOP was great

14 Likes

I am pointing the similarity between those sub numbers wise. Other things are subject to personal opinions (Nothing wrong with that!)

1 Like

That’s not all you’re doing though is it?

1 Like

MoP was so amazing! Stop with your stupid posts

31 Likes

Yes, that’s all I am doing.

There’s a drop, because the initial hype is gone and there’s no release date for the next coming patch.

People are done with progressions. They cleared the raids, quests and everything.

No point in playing till the next new content shows up.

But sure. Build up a dramatic story.

4 Likes

MoP for me personally was my most favourite expansion, gameplay was great . game stability was great , systems were some of the best they’ve had and worked, made sense, MoP for me was only topped by Wrath.

I never played WoD, but form me Shadowlands is the worst expansion, its a real mess, nothing makes sense, content feels half done, feels more like an early Alpha in Development.

6 Likes

Oh people get offended that Blizz introduced a gay married couple. Grow up!

16 Likes

So glass half full.

I just don’t think it is normal dip.

Only thing bad with mop was some of the Lore, not the lore of pandaria itself but rather the faction conflict and how multiple characters were thrown under the bus to make Varian god emperor of the Alliance.

That and blizzard sacking the only class dev that were actively interacting with the community.

1 Like

I was just saying why my friends unsubbed. It is controversial subject, and the debates are always agressives when it rises.

It was better if they remained neutral on that one IMO.

Here’s something you may or may not have noticed with every expansion.

The progression usually consists of a few months of content, followed by one or two months of nothing and then the new patch release date and soon after, new patch.

For shadowlands, we’re in the middle of a pandemic. STILL. So delays are happening. We’re already passed the point of progression and nearly are finished with the nothing phase. And we still aren’t even close to the patch release.

In 8.3 when this happened, people were preparing their alts for the new upcoming expansion. I personally leveled like 10 characters to max.

This time around, flying is still not around. So most people don’t really want to go for leveling stuff.

legion is still not soloable for a max character, unless you’re max geared and even then, you can’t solo antorus. So you don’t have farming either.

The problem isn’t the expansion. It’s good enough. Not great. Not even close to how good it could have been with a few key modifications, but i guess it’s blizzard we’re talking about. They’re stubborn and they have to dictate us how we should play the game. So it is what it is.

The problem is lack of content. People will come back with the new patch. some, may even come back for 9.0.5 but i doubt too many would.

5 Likes

Everything after WotLK was a sub bleed. The genre is just not popular anymore, and with working standards around the world? Not feasible for anyone other than single, childless office workers or very lazy students who game instead of studying.

Ofc, SL is almost as bad as WoD - in both there’s only really 2 things to do - PvP (which unlike WoD is extremely unbalanced) and standing around in garrison slash grind anima.

• there’s only a few world quests that are all very dry and reward-less
  • anima grind doesn’t give you ANY feeling of accomplishment because unlike artifact power or azerite, it doesn’t increase your player power at all
  • raids nor m+ feel rewarding enough for the amount of time (and effort) put in
  • maw is… just bad. Not spooky, not dangerous, not inescapable… just inconvenient CHORE ON A TIME LIMIT
  • Torghast could’ve been so much more fun if it had actual rewards instead of running 2 wings ONCE EACH WEEK and Twisting Corridors ONCE, EVER (I mean they could just add an unlimited more that would give you a vault item with ilvl related to the highest floor you managed to run in the past week - something like Visions in BFA)
  • covenant abilities AND soulbinds are horribly unbalanced and WILL need about 3+ other systems on top of them, just like azerite armor in BFA, because blizzard spend ZERO effort balancing them (like nerfing Death Chakram from 550%AP to 300%AP dmg before launch still without adding any AOE scaling, so you get a dead ability that deals pathetic dmg every 45sec, because someone, somewhere thought it might be too strong. They never bothered to change it to compensate, they just released it like 60% weaker than night fae/kyrian abilities. Same (or worse) with Venthyr Flayed Shot)
3 Likes

Can I have your gold?

Why does everyone feel like they want their own thread about this “40% sub loss”, just use existing ones. Also your feedback is very informative and quite wrong, since there is far less grind than in Legion or BfA.

Mop was great, and as Zen says where is there yet another thread about this :smiley: