Slice and Dice is a bad ability

I beg to differ, but I think enough arguments for that have been made by now and if you can’t already see the point being made you probably won’t ever.

Its still random. You literally couldn’t tell a good Outlaw Rogue from a mediocre Outlaw Rogue on an individual fight basis. You would need to check consistency over a period of time to be able to take anything from it. Actually, since RTB is still factor… you probably still can’t. But hopefully to a lesser degree. Although the inability to reroll RTB effectively may have just made matters worse.

Its your opinion. One additional thing to track(which can be really easy done with WA or other addons) isn’t a really good indicator of skill.

According to high-end Outlaw rogues? Not really. The Rtb rng doesn’t affect you that much(it’s really minimal and skilled rogues are still much better than the ones who didn’t know how to play Outlaw properly). That what did actually determinate which players were better than others.
But if you don’t understand that, then you probably won’t ever. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Eh, SnD was still here in WoD. All three specs had it, Assa simply was given a passive at level 92-98 that made it passive (why only Assa, we never knew), but Outlaw and Sub still had to spend CPs for it and it was actually core for both specs due to them having their energy regeneration spells tied to it. A bit like now, but it wasn’t the same spells exactly.

2 Likes

From what I seen from using RtB and SnD now that if blizzard wanted to remove the RtB reapplying element is replaced with SnD as you can just apply it wherever u want making it a waste of cp also RtB sometimes runs out 4-5 secs before you could even apply it again what makes it quite clunky,tbh they should have just left outlaw as it was

1 Like

SnD does not affect energy regen

It does for Outlaw and Sub through Combat Potency and Shadow Techniques.

It does at level 56 in SL for Assassination.

and assa as well with rank 2 slice. every single spec gets higher energy regen from slice.

But for Assasination even after the recent change of rank 2, it does only like 1 point more of energy regeneration per second, which is still not enough from keeping it being energy starved 24/7. It didn’t solved anything, but its a step into the right direction.

I only hope, for some more changes before SL comes out. Assassination is still in a bad spot on beta rn.

i mean yeah, assa plays super slow as usual.

This topic has gone a bit sideways, just want to say I have been enjoying rogue lately, looking at it for a proper alt in sl but I do agree SnD feels bad. Having to apply it before you can pop cds on a pull and wasting combo points that you could be using a big hit to refresh it.

Be nice if your big cds applied it so it didn’t make your opener awkward. I like the first row sub talent to extend the buff too, makes it much nicer.

1 Like

I’d swear all 3 had it but I didn’t manage to find my reason for thinking so, so I just went with the facts I did find. However you are indeed correct :slight_smile:

1 Like

SnD is no fun. Remove it.

5 Likes

i see only attack speed +20% at lvl 56 … so no it doesn’t

The change is live on beta and ptr. they changed the 20% attack speed for 10% energy regen. But its not a big deal anyway, not even noticeable. They could surely make it 20 or even 30% in its current state, or just buff venomous wounds to its former 10 pre-legion state.

Strictly speaking, that’s not true. Faster Energy Regen allows for more frequent ability usage, which can be used for burst. You will want to have SnD running, when you go to burst down a target. Especially when looking at Target Switches, it’s imperative to keep SnD rolling, or you are handicapping yourself.
I’m not saying it’s a good thing, it’s just the way it is designed.

I think we’ll just have to settle with this. SnD is still not a very fun ability to use. It’s effective, but it doesn’t trigger any emotional reaction from a Player, and there’s nothing visceral about it. However, since we are stuck with it, best we can hope is for it to not suck.

1 Like

This was changed and is now a +10% energy regen buff.

So yes it does.

oh ok thx let’s wait and see… if they dont want move snd on talent tree at least it could be nice a way to refresh it with an envenom or a rupture

While I am happy with its current state, I would make a change so Slice and Dice would cause poisons and bleeds to tick faster, instead of increasing attack speed only. Like with 50% attack speed and 30% faster ticks. I think that would make Slice and Dice more viable, just my thoughts.

2 Likes

SnD is boring. It’s no fun. It’s just one ability that makes you attack faster and increases your energy regeneration.

Can’t say I agree with all you said, but this line pretty much sums it up for for me. Its disappointing and boring ability to press as combo point spender. As CD it would be more fun, but a different cake alltogether. Personally I would just toss it to garbage from rogue design or make it optional.

1 Like