Slowly losing interest in the game thanks to pvp

Hi,

I know there are already numerous discussions on this topic, but I just need to express my frustration with PvP lately.

Let me describe my typical PvP experience these days.

After an 8-10 hour workday and taking care of my kids, all I want is to sit down and enjoy some gaming. In the first game, I see half the team typing ‘premade,’ ‘zado,’ and then 10 people leave the game before it even starts, it’s a loss for us. The second game, the same thing happens. The third and fourth games, too.

So I decide to play some solo shuffle to farm some conquest points for upgrading my gear. With a rating of 384, I find myself in games where all the other players are fully geared. There I am, a feral with just two pieces of conquest gear and the rest honor gear, trying to make an impact before being blasted to narnia in 0.5 seconds.

I’m not the best player, so why am I constantly matched with these high-level players?
My interest in the game is fading.

7 Likes

It’s sickening to hear stories like this and the only answer I can suggest is for the time being, just stick to Blitz. You’ll have a much more balanced game and enjoy the experience more, Im sure. The downside is that you miss out on the extra CP from the weeklies and the daily bonuses and have to go through the trauma that is Blitz queueing.

2 Likes

Yeah sadly Blitz is the only way to play bgs atm.

3 Likes

The more discussions about these topics the better imo. maybe eventually something will be done about it… epic bg was the main reason I bought this game but now that bracket has been completely ruined by Zado Zeni Alfredopauly and other members of the small pp clan… Premades always been around but not like this. not the entire fkn day every fkn day. Normal bg’s just not worth it anymore as the rewards are not enough to put up with the toxicity, the russian farm groups, and the “omg we are 4 points behind in resources after 15 seconds of playtime - Lets call everyone a fkn noob and leave” type of people lol. I just do the daylie win and thats it im done. No fun anymore.
At this point I’m Just waiting for the rated blitz with the next expansion as finally the bg community will be able to get some rewards aswell and not just arena’s getting all the attention…
As for the gearing I found solo shuffle the fastest way. But at the start of season is easier as now almost everyone has full gear already. But still soloshuffle with blitz spam should get you geared pretty fast even if bad. And to be fair for warlocks it’s rough out there as in many lobbys you will be the kill target all rounds xD I hate arena’s and barely play them but I was able to full gear in 2 says soloshuffle on ret and then can send random gearboxes to alts. Many issues with pvp atm but gearing isn’t really one of them imo

2 Likes

Opaloka is right, the only thing left at the end of the season is to play Blitz.

Report premade leaders every single time you see them - encourage everyone else to do the same. You will get them banned for awhile. It is against the rules to abuse game mechanics to queue-sync and bypass the 5 player limit for parties to smuggle in 15-20 players. People think they’re safe because they don’t get banned, which is dumb - bots are allowed to roam free for months or even years. Not being banned on the spot doesn’t mean you can ignore the ToS:

1. Harassment, “griefing,” abusive behavior or chat, conduct intended to unreasonably undermine or disrupt the Game experiences of others, deliberate inactivity or disconnecting, and/or any other activity which violates Blizzard’s Codes of Conduct or In-Game Policies.

The above is in the Blizzard End User License Agreement. Report every single person you see that breaks the above rule by doing things such as queue-syncing to give themselves an unfair advantage, intentionally not participating in the BG so that they can drag it out and guarantee a win (like base-camping in Ashran) and so on.

This is not a ‘false report’ - no one will be banned for reporting someone who is breaking the ToS by griefing hundreds of players daily by premade spamming and queue-syncing.

Players that don’t break the rules outnumber premade spammers a thousand to 1. Just target them, quickly hit them with a report for disruptive behaviour and tell everyone else in the BG to do the same.

The system only works if you participate in it. Report griefers.

2 Likes

Even though gear is definitely a factor, part of the reason this feels so devastating is because you’re playing a feral. They’re getting tunneled mostly every game, which coupled with being squishy makes for a very exhausting experience. You would probably have a much better experience playing balance, especially in bgs, but also in arena.

Like mentioned blitz is a good option, although sadly it doesnt look like they’ll implement the rated version until next expansion. You could also try doing bgs in lower level brackets. At least the 61-69 bracket has been pretty fun.

Even fully geared Ferals will get blasted in a second.
Honestly WoW PvP is the worst it has been for a long time and SS even made it worse. I am convinced now SS is only good for brawler type specs…specs that could hold on their own and dish lots of dmg like warr, rogue or DHs. Its funny because everyone thought Feral would be one of the best specs for SS because of being hybrid but now full dps specs heal better than Feral and Feral defensives get also double punished by dampening.
I would say either change spec or just call it quits its really not worth the effort and time.
Blizzard clearly does not respect its players nor their time commitment and at this stage I lost all hope.

1 Like

Blitz queues are so long… Its unplayable.
Average Wait Time: 27 min.
Thats because the exploiters cant queue in groups for Blitz.

Blitz is fun but I cant wait 1 hour for a game… after I know Im at work next morning.

3 Likes

The queue is horrendous but unfortunately it’s the only way I can still get to experience random battlegrounds as close to being as fully random as possible. I just have to suck it up and accept games are now few and far between but I’d take that over the complete wastes of time that are randoms, way more of my time has been wasted in totally pointless games than I’ll ever lose in the Blitz queue, sadly.

3 Likes

It’s either this or lose the same amount of time playing with or against a premade tbh

2 Likes

you can farm honor and exchange it for tokens to buy the Epic World pvp gear…
which is better than honor gear

3500 honor per token
about 5 tokens per piece of gear

you can also make pvp gear. just farm the sparks and conquest with blitz

2 Likes

They’re not high level players. They’re awful, low skilled players that get a kick out of stomping new players/casuals/beginners etc.

3 Likes

but you also need bloody tokens for these?

1 chest gives you 200 tokens, world pvp quests gives you 100- 200 per quest

theres 1 quest each week that gives 500 tokens too