Small lag on quest turn ins and WQ completed

This has been reported all over US forums, but I wanna bring it to attention here aswell. Since 8.2.5 patch, I have had a small lag of about 1-3 seconds when I turn in quests, complete WQ, or kill a rare. Happens all over the world, it is not on my end, and it is not an addon. My game runs smooth otherwise.
8.2.5 have some issue that needs to be fixed.

29 Likes

Same happen for me after the patch.

Every time i hand in a quest the game freeze for 1-3 sec.
Tried without having any addons active too, didnā€™t help.

6 Likes

Same issue here. Good to know itā€™s not a problem on our end, then. Iā€™ve been wasting time trying to fix it by messing with every possible option.

Same issue here. Happens on bunches of stuff, sometimes when killing mobs, turning in quests, looting, etc.

Same here. I saw people are reporting it on US a lot too. Seems to be some HDD related issue.

have the same problem

Same here and its happening to everyone in my guild as well.

Iā€™m gonna hop into this threat and tell you itā€™s been happening to me aswell, Iā€™ve updated my addons, updated my GPU drivers but the game still freezes whenever I myself turn in a quest, someone in my area (within 5 yards) turns in a quest, or receives an achievement.

To edit my previous unedittable post, seems most of my friends are having this same issue aswell!

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/quest-hand-ins-causing-mini-crash/89817 For a GM response!

Same here, I just started a new Blood Elf and every time I turn in a quest my pc freezes for 1-3 seconds. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Same issues here. Let our voices be heard, even if they donā€™t care about eu as much as us forums (luckily the same issue is reported on us forums). I get a 1-2 seconds lag when turning in quests. Still havenā€™t tried wq and rares cause Iā€™m leveling an alt, but I guess it would lag even with wq

Same here. My frame rate drops to 32 for a few secs and goes back to normal.

Same problem here, it began happening only after the patch. I get a very short freeze of like 1-2 seconds upon turning quests in, but aside from that, everything runs smooth as normal.

I donā€™t know if it can help, but I run WoW on Windows 10 with an Nvidia Gtx1080.

Same issue here, Windows 10, GTX 1080

EU here and same problem, also it happens while we got some phase change while raiding for example Orgoza or Ashvane. 1-3s lag/freeze. Pls Blizzard fix this.

Hi everyone.

So, I had an issue like this and I seem to have worked out a solution that worked for me at least.

I have been playing wow on an external drive since I havenā€™t gotten around to getting a new one for my computer yet. This has been an issue before, but not to this extent as what we have been experiencing since patch. However, I tried a solution I have used before for combatlogging.

By using the command mklink /J in cmd, I created a junction between my Cache, WTF and GPUCache in my wow installation folder and then I moved those folders from the installation on my external SSD (I had it on E:) to my desktop (stored at C:). After I did that, i deleted the folders from the installation and i didnt create any new ones.

The commands I did in cmd was:

mklink /J ā€œE:\World of Warcraft\ _ retail_\GPUCacheā€ ā€œC:\Users\Katherine\Desktop\GPUCacheā€

mklink /J ā€œE:\World of Warcraft\ _ retail_\Cacheā€ ā€œC:\Users\Katherine\Desktop\Cacheā€

mklink /J ā€œE:\World of Warcraft\ _ retail_\WTFā€ ā€œC:\Users\Katherine\Desktop\WTFā€

This worked for me so it might be worth giving a try, even if you are not playing on an external drive, but especially if you are!

Same issue here and I donā€™t have any add-ons. Iā€™ll try the ā€˜tipā€™ about changing war mode status (which works when my additional action bars go missing or my colour blind filter goes off - just set them to off and then on again).

Same problem for me, disabled all addons and still happening

Same here, tried all kind of suggestions.