Small lag on quest turn ins and WQ completed

Hotfix didn’t work. And I’m finished messing around with files.

Can we get an update and what’s going on?

2 Likes

That is good to know, but save us from the usual reinstalling or deleting folders useless solutions that never worked after faulty game patches went live somehow.
Here is a link to fixing the lags problem for now and game support should know about:

1 Like

i have the same problem, i try everything possible, even delete cache and wtf folders. but at the end of the day, the freeze is here, and it start to get annoy… RLY annoy. im not gonna do a crap of all those hard drive craps cuz im not a tech nerd, i just play a game to kill a time. so no. as a guy say above.

start to fix your own game? you get paid for it so… imagine to order a food and w8 for it 4 days to come.

1 Like

Running on W7 and playing on AD EU.

You don’t even have to turn in a quest or kill a mob. Walking around (and writing in the chat) already causes this issue. Deactivating addons, updating addons or using different addons did not help.

The issue only started since the last patch.

Has anyone else also noticed how “exit game” works now instantly?

Seemingly they are on it.

2 Likes

Yes xD That exact thing, and it’s not a trade I’d swap it for, I’d prefer my game to CRASH upon exit than have LAG during it.

1 Like

May I also remind everyone here, that if you DENY permissions to the hotfix file, whenever the HOTFIX is released, the chance to mess up your game is incredibly high, I’d advise you to simply wait out for the Devs to work around this problem, it’s what they are getting paid for, some things get fixed within a day, and some things do not get fixed within a day, it’s all lines of codes and text, one small extra space or a stop can mess up the code, they -are- working on it as even the US forms are being swarmed with complaints, Thanks again for the blue post update, they give us info and hope!

2 Likes

This logging issue is interesting. Currently I DO NOT have the bug. My hotfix log was 140KB. My unaffected system DID have all the DB errors logged as in the previous posts.

However, in the log folder was a big log I’ve not noticed before called Tooltip.log.

This file was over 6MB. Opening it in Notepad took a long time. Which made me think that perhaps WoW is also trying to open and write to this log all the time, perhaps locking up the whole game in the process. I don’t recall seeing this log get so big in the past.

Combat logging seems to be no worse, performance wise, so I don’t think that has any bearing on this. And yeah, the game does exit much quicker than it used to.

Looking at the other thread, it seems some people have had success with blocking access to hotfix.log. Seems like an odd bug to suddenly crop up.

2 Likes

Good to know the same “error” messages show up for you on an unaffected system. Although I never suspected them to really be wrong. I was more thinking the writing of them affect slow reading/writing drives like HDDs and external SSDs.

But no idea why it would happen now. If the amounts of lines written when completing certain things have increased since the patch or if the error messages are actually errors but doesn’t affect healthy system because their drives can keep up with them.

Perhaps someone left in some debug code to flush all logs to disk when player achievements are incremented. This would affect all hidden quests, rare mob kills and quest turn-ins.

1 Like

Is there any update when it will be fixed?

Pretty sure we’d get a blue post if such was fixed!

Just an FYI any changes made to permissions of any logs are reset every time you run the battle net launcher.

I’m still curious about tooltip.log tbh. Could someone with the bug try deleting tooltip.log then running the game. Does this have any effect on the issue?

The problem still persists but according to US forums they are working on it. We will have to wait for a few days I suppose.

1 Like

I got a friend to delete his logs and test. He still had the lag on quest completion on a fresh log in. So I don’t think the size of logs have any relevance to this bug.

Hi there,

I noticed this issue happening since the day the patched dropped, however this is what I noticed:

• The freeze happens on every single quest turn in no matter where the player is in the world

Once I got to Draenor however (Warlords of Draenor), I noticed severe freezes happenin all the time with different activities.

• Looting chests that contain resources would cause a freeze
  • Killing rare spawns would cause a freeze
  • Sometimes just moving around the zone causes a freeze
  • And of course turning quests is causing a freeze

Not sure exactly why, but perhaps it’s something to do with the WOD Timewalking, it started exactly when the patch dropped and WOD seems to be primarily affected by the freezes. Azeroth/Northrend/Outland all just suffer the quest freezes, but WOD suffers a lot more as listed above.

Might be worth looking at ^^

1 Like

there is loot and rare freezes at bfa aswell, just visit mechagon and have fun. is not about WoD timewalking. WoD timewalking was up again before and was perfect. is just blizzurd and patch days. they have a reletionship

I used the workaround and it’s worked like a charm. WoW’s performance is actually even better than it was in 8.2 now. Hopefully the official fix will keep this performance.

Yep same issue here, even in the vanilla zones with a fresh char.

What is the workaround? To deny the permissions on Hotfilx.log file?

Yes, works so far but Blizz don’t advise it but I’d rather do this than potentially risk doing damage to my HDD in the long run.