So done with unbalanced populations

Objectiv ? In Savage Pvp ? The point of it is that there are none. Except fun. I don’t get what you’re talking about.
Savage pvp is unbalanced by essence. And that very unbalance makes it balance. I know I’m telling nonsense, I’ll try to explain.

You get killed by a dude who waited for you to attack a boss. The fight were unbalanced. Yet you respawn and now know this dude is somewhere around. So you wait for him to be at a vulnerable position, and balance things up.

If you can’t do the second step, because, randomly, that there is 10 people around him. THEN, it becomes truely unbalanced, and not fun.

You can’t add rewards, or objectiv, in such a chaotic mod. This reward will never be fair.

I getya, but the bounty system reward itself has to be balanced right. If reward too high, bounties just get insta slammed, and fewer will wpvp. Bounty reward too small, and no one interested.

Current bounty reward seems about right. There’s usually interest in going for bounty, but not too much, enough for it to sometimes work out, and sometimes not.

The more bounties in zone, the more interest in going after them, the easier to create larger group to counter a large group. It’s those large bounty groups that are biggest imbalancer. Wiping them once, often results in them disbanding, result = shard balance improved for your allies. Does it always work out? No, good! Challenge!

In an open world pvp system, we can define our own objectives. However, the bounty system is an example of an official WM objective.

Player A defined objective:
Being outnumbered is a disadvantage. Overcoming that disadvantage, even gaining an advantage, is an objective. The enemy bounty is usually a factor in the objective.

Player B defined objective:
Complete quests while engaging in 1v1 when available. Ignore all other factors.

Player B will not like being outnumbered. Player A is trying to do something about it, to the benefit of Player B. Player B ignores calls in general chat to join anti bounty group. Yet still feels dissatisfied with being outnumbered. However, their choice.

I was pretty much implying that this system is kind of weird for Savage PvP.
I’m not saying it’s bad, it has a great potential if you ask me, but it has to be completely synchronized with what Savage PvP is.

Which means chaos, and unstructured fights. As they implemented it, it just brings BG mechanics in savage pvp, it somehow adds a new BG “Death Match”, don’t know if you see what I mean.

And I wouldn’t say it’s a mechanic that balance instances out. That’s pretty much the opposite, since you have to raid an instance first before being an assassin of your faction.
It’s like saying you’re a savior after saving someone from a situation where you’re the cause of it.
Here, it’s not exactly the cause, but a part of it, so saying it’s here to balance instances is a big no to me. It may have been designed for this purpose, but it’s a big failure.

Just have to see the current state of population in each instances to see it.

Well, everyone has different combination of prefs. I personally am happy with current levels of variable balance in subzones, because I find it a challenge to overcome. Feels nice and unstructured, chaotic, awesome!

Here again… “A challenge to overcome”, well… You seem to keep denying the point that on some servers, the pops are unbalanced. Feel free to send me a video of you, “overcoming” a 1v10. I’ll enjoy it for sure.

Edit - And before you go again with your “group up”; 1v10 was a generic ratio. Of course I’ll also enjoy a 5v30.

Sure zone shards can be unbalanced, the tech tries to balance them, but there’s many factors that can cause temporary imbalance; lfg, player distribution, etc.

I rarely play solo, so 1v10 doesn’t really happen to me. It’s a multiplayer game, so I approach it with a group play strat. Also, I can stealth so 1v10 would not normally affect me if I was solo.

For example, was approx 5v10 in mechagon yesterday. That 10(ish), inevitably included a bounty. Our natural pvp balance mechanic. Used general chat to encourage Alliance to go for bounty, they did, we wiped the 10 eventually. A fun little battle and nice reward.

Many times I’m outnumbered and it doesn’t work out tho. Sometimes does, sometimes doesn’t. Sometimes outnumbered, sometimes the outnumberer. It varies from subzone to subzone, from minute to minute. Love it :+1:

Do you regularly WPvP for the FUN of it? Alliance Defence Force WPvP community and/or guild needs you! Or see list of Horde and Alliance WPvP guilds and communities.

1 Like

Why would a single player engage 10 enemy players at once? You are a rogue for god sake. Sneak past the 10 players…

2 Likes

Indeed. I tend to take my time. Scout your potential victim. If they are 2 or more, i just sneak by. Look at their hitpoints, usually its a good indication of their ilvl. Fight smart. Kite them to stronger mobs, vanish to drop aggro etc.

1 Like

Is there a horde wpvp guild by chance?

1 Like

Those players are never at a random place ffs. They are usually near area bosses, or around almost all the point of interest in Azshara. I won’t be able to down a sub-boss while remaining in stealth.

Funny thing is that the moment I wrote my first post here. I was in stealth, watching a sub-boss getting farmed by the hord, waiting for my turn to eventually happen.

Then getting a group going in trade should be easy?

1 Like

Oh there it is, I’m done. You guys don’t read.

Make your turn happen. As i said, make a group. Fight back. Wpvp is 100% what you make of it.

1 Like

Ye the second link goes to a list for both factions.

We already talked about the groupping thing. I won’t repeat myself, neither quote back all the other comments.

Thanks. Good to know.

1 Like

patch 9.0 will balance the population ^^ just wait for summer 2020.

You dont want to group…you cant fight them alone…what the hell do you want to do then. You only have one other option…

turn off warmode…

1 Like

Oh ? I wasn’t aware of it, gonna check this out

Like everyone did. I said I wouldn’t do it but it seems I’ll have to.

I want my pre-BfA population balance-back. When everyone were just Savage Pvp for fun or doing it while grinding. When fights were about sneaking behind a dude and killing him while he was already under attack by a bunch of monsters. Then being always on-guard because we knew he’d come back to take his revenge when I would be the vulnerable one.
Or maybe call his teammate to finally kills me, and then we were good.

That was actually fun. That was manageable solo. Now, Savage Pvp isn’t Savage Pvp anymore. It’s a BG Deathmatch with extra steps.

Whether you want to group or not, when outnumbered, it’s the correct strat. Or, avoid them. Easy for us stealthers. Extra players at a boss typically don’t leave the area. Other larger groups may be roaming. It varies.

As a rogue, you can pick your fights. The solo traffic between wqs is fun!

Think about it… there are many complaints about 1v10… THEREFORE there are plenty solo targets. :slight_smile: