So gear does 40% of my dmg

Nice design there.
Essence, corruption and trinkets does 40% of my damage, regardless of the class.

Guess that is the new approach on class balance?
make every class do 5% dmg and rest is done by gear, so if classes do a little more dmg than others, it is invalidated by gear anyways
genius

12 Likes

Just remove RNG from the system and it will be good.

2 Likes

still don’t think it is good if echoing void does more dmg than my main class abilities.
same goes for autoattack by the way.
maybe it is an approach to fail proof players? I mean if most dmg is passiv by autoattacking the skill floor almost reaches the ceiling :smiley:

9 Likes

Well it is a purpose of gear …

3 Likes

No worries, 50% nerf incoming.

1 Like

Don’t know about dps, but I like Echoing Void and Twilight Devastation for tanks.

1 Like

Thats simply false!
Your gear is 99% of your dmg.
Main attribute ,secondary stats all comes from gear , :stuck_out_tongue:
This game is all about math 95% gear 5% skill
for example ,Lets throw those world first racers into Ny lotha with idk 370 uldir gear,will they be able to kill first boss? i dont think so

5 Likes

Undoable tho

Here’s some fun facts about BFA scaling

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/f1xvj8/item_level_has_increased_by_282_over_the_course/?

Just a teaser : the scaling in stamina between a lvl111 green and mythic 8.3 gear is +2276.47% while the ilvl increase was only +181.98%

Makes both PvP slower and raiding more dependent on gear as you wouldn’t survive the mechanics without enough hp

4 Likes

Well lets be honest, you have never done naked-dps in this game. You’ve always had powergains from gear.

5 Likes

Gear does all your damage

Take it off and see how much yout do

2 Likes

you can increase that damage to 80% on single target, from pure passive damage - 10% trinkets, 10% essence passive damage, 40% infinite stars, 10% melee, 10% pet melee, which leaves 20% from your rotation. I can find you BM hunter logs that look like this.

well obviously gear is the main source of dmg…

but the gear was always just scaling your class abilities to do more dmg, now it is just passive effects and it doesn’t matter anymore which button i press.

btw echoing void as of today (just r2) does still 15%+ of my total damage why meme beam is still doing 20-25%

3 Likes

Gear does all the damage of course but let’s not be daft.

A good understanding of your class, positioning and rotation matters too. Now, any ape with one or more of the bis corruptions that doesn’t know his class, rotation etc will outdamage a more skilled player who doesn’t have this stuff.

3 Likes

Gear does lot of damage but not only boosting your abilitys damage also boost your essences, traits, corruption items damage too.
This is how it was since vanilla.
No gear = low damage
The better the gear you have the better damage you Will do.
Now there is a problem with corrupted items doing insane damage.
I’ve seen in some arena Where a certain class do insane dps thanks to a few BIG procs from his corrupted items.
Which is bad.

1 Like

This thread reads a bit like : items always let you deal more dmg, so it’s okay that the corruption effect of one single item increases your dmg by more than 20%.

Bad argument. You could also give full 470 ilvl gear for a bunch of LFR players and they wouldn’t be able to down heroic skitra.

1 Like

That was example not argument

You guys are taking this way too literally.

Gear might be doing all his damage, but gear before this was, aside from trinkets, some function or multiplication of a players ability to execute their rotation / maintain uptime throughout the mechanics of the fight.

Now most people have a damage trinket, maybe 2, breath minor proc, CLF proc (If they still run it), probably some completely passive elements of their rotation too, and passive corruptions like EV, Gushing Wound, Stars, Tendril etc on top of that.

It feels like being able to execute your class correctly is getting less and less relevant, as rotational damage is sidelined for rppm procs you have no control or influence over.

1 Like

The problem is likely that “other people have the item” not that “item exists”.

Disagree. I’ve got an R3 appendage and I hate it. It’s 10% of my damage on average that my ability to play my class has absolutely no baring on. Then on top of that it’s procs are so varied that my DPS can swing by 10-15k from pull to pull purely on appendage procs.

Is that supposed to be engaging or enjoyable? Each appendage proc does 350k damage in the 10 seconds it’s up. That’s 35k DPS for 10 seconds on a random proc I don’t control.

1 Like