So gear does 40% of my dmg

Be sure to also find fingers.

Those ones do 100% of your damage

Proc damage trinkets have existed, sure. But they’ve never been able to deal so much damage independent of the actions of the player as corruption does, and then you add them on top of eachother, as well as essence procs, and passive elements of rotations.

It’s a lot of damage that just “happens” and players have no impact on. The problem isn’t that passive damage exists, it’s that each system blizzard has added this expansion has basically been random passive damage. (Azerite in many cases, essence minors, trinket procs, and now corruption) And all of it at once has begun to eclipse actually playing your class well.

If you want to talk about items that made or broke people’s DPS. Examples like ferals rune of reorigination, or afflictions black blood of ysharrj from MoP are great examples of items that, though powerful, still required you to actually play around them correctly. They actually increased the skill to performance delta, because it was possible to use or play around them badly.

I’m not a fan of when one item makes or breaks a players damage, no matter how that happens. But at least in the past that item only amplified the potential and performance of the player using it, it didn’t just add a flat number to their damage so large that what buttons they actually pressed went down in relevance.

3 Likes

maybe, didn’t play at those times, but those are probably outliers and blizz actually didn’t want them that strong in the first place. Not the first time they miscalculated all the damage.
This time with corruption, azerite and essences it is definitely on purpose.

Of course in the end “most” players will have good corruption items, but it is still not fun that items do all the dmg.
On top of that, in pvp all these garbo effects break cc

Agreed. I remember having discussion with one of the world’s top feral druids around Siege of Orgrimmar about rune, and he near enough said that if nothing mechanically changed he would never take off rune as long as the game continued, no matter how many expansions would go on. What the trinket did at the time was so powerful you’d literally never replace it.

I’m not saying these were examples of good game design, just that at least with these items the player had to play well with them to get the value out of them. Now it’s just as long as you are pressing buttons your rpm procs will go off as much as possible, and carry your damage as a result.

What op meant is effects does more damage then my abilities. You all just making off topic unintelligent comments about stats.

2 Likes

Pretty much this. Though it’s interesting to talk about the stat items that previously had a similar impact in top end gameplay, but how they were different and at least required interaction or understanding from the player in how to get the most out of them.

That’s exactly what I’m running, too. It’s amazing. I love it.

I actually like corruption. It’s a nice thing for one patch. I just wouldn’t like it to be permanent.

2 Likes

Well logs of people whose corruption did like 30% of total damage almost always show over or close to 100 corruption and it requires quite a bit of skill not dying with that high corruption. So its not that they afked and did that much damage. You are also talking here about over 50% of total damage from corruption and this imaginary people don’t exist, like that LFR raider who got so many titanforges that he is higher ilvl then mythic raider and people seem to never find that guy.

Show me the logs of this person you are talking about? Show me the purple logs of a person who got over 40% their damage from corruption?

1 Like

And here I am as monk I do use gnomeland trinket, that trinket that i got with 8.2 and when I do Nzoth - that with combining 2 spell casts prior that lifts me high up on boss damage done.

I do not even need to raid to have my best trinket 2nd patch in row. I have new raid trinkets, and some in mythic, and they are there to unlock ilevels, so I can in future trade things away.

I think trinkets are ways they test things and ideas. I am surprised they never nerfed the touch of death+trinket combo for monks though. Its funnier inside visions.

Nobody said 40% from just corruption. It’s everything adding up. Trinket procs on top of essence minors on top of azerite on top of corruption.

Every system blizzard added this expansion came with random uncontrollable damage.

I agree. Am I good? Am I bad? Only the Lord of the Dice knows because I randomly unleash void snakes on groups of enemies.

Lets throw you (or me) in nyalotha with gear Limit had at time of killing nzoth… Cought my drift?

Game is mostly about skill, thinking otherwise is pure delusion…

go back to classic

I replyed with char i use to troll on classic section… I am a retailer or how they say it.

Corruptions are MAIN theme of this patch, corruption effects should be impactful, especially those “bis” ones. You got plenty of time to get them considering this patch will last for like 8-10 months :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This game is made of zeros and ones ,its math !
Dont label people as delusional ,watching Donald Trump body language YT video doesnt make you psychologist.

I’d just much rather bliz be adding impactful things I feel like I have the ability to play with. This is all just stuff happening around me, sure it makes my numbers bigger, but it’s not enhancing my experience of playing the game and shouldn’t that be the point of adding anything like this in the first place?

1 Like

When exactly did you actually do damage without gear???

Never, but that’s also not the question we should be asking or the point the thread is even trying to make.

Considering there are classes that need only press random button on keyboard for top-notch damage, then I question if the problem is somewhere deeper in blizzards excel sheet than just corruptions.