So hammer of light was a bug or intended?

there is no reason to interpret it as single use. Because the word ONCE or SINGLE or whatever is missing.
Usually singe use mechanics are described with “your NEXT use”.
Many of “the people” probably saw the mechanic in alpha or beta and never started expecting more from it.
But I do.
On the other hand. You are basically interpreting more into this tooltip then it shows. Namely the mechanic that leads to this:

as it is not described in any tooltip.
So if we are at a point where it is just a matter of fantasy what is supposed to be interpreted in a given tooltip. I could expect that hammer of light to extents the duration of hammer of light instead of the “going away”.
= Fixed a bug that caused Hammer of Light to not extent the duration of hammer of light like expected.
Or I can expect that hammer of light doubles the amount of damage it does after it is cast:
Fixed a bug that caused Hammer of Light to not increase its damage after it is cast.
Or I can expect that hammer of light for example triggers a divine purpose:
Fixed a bug that caused Hammer of Light to not trigger a divine purpose as expected.
I just put ridiculous positive examples here to point out that any mechanic positive or negative - that is not documented in a tooltip is ridiculous to actually be “expected” and that there mustn’t be any room for interpretation in tooltips.
The only thing that we can agree on is that the description of this removal mechanic is missing in the tooltip → the tooltip is wrong.