So how does 'normal' leveling in BfA work?

Since we’ve established in the previous thread (in which I seem unable to create a new post, and I suppose by just amending my last own post there I won’t get anyone to actually read it :smiley: ) that I won’t be able to level my new char in one of the older expansions (except Pandaria it seems) using Chromie, what is the ‘normal’ way of leveling a new char? All in Kul Tiras? Is this like a new continent for the previous expansion, just as Pandaria was for MoP and Draenor for WoD? Seems kinda small for going all the way from 10 to 50, with just 3 zones? And is there any logical order in which the zones should be taken, or does it (with ‘scaling’) not matter?

And I’m a bit confused about this level squish thing too. Since I understand the previous 120 (? I left when it was 100) levels got ‘squished’ into 60, logically each level should take longer (twice as long?) to complete, but so far it seems it’s, if anything, faster than it used to be. Is this only for the lower levels (I’m at 17 with this char)? Or is the whole process of getting to the level cap now a lot faster? (Which would also solve the conundrum of going from 10 to 50 in just three zones. Though of course zones can be very different; the ones in Pandaria felt very long indeed to complete.)

There are a lot of side quests you can do if you need to gain levels. Also the first 3 chapters of the war campaign (establishing footholds in Zandalar) become available while leveling, although they’re much shorter than the zone storylines of your factions.

Everything beyond that in BFA was max level.

Originally they were designed in a way that the order doesn’t matter (the story of each zone is not mentioned/doesn’t affect the other zones). Since the squish only Tiragarde Sound is available at level 10 while Drustvar starts at level 25 and Stormsong Valley at level 35.

The 120 levels before SL were squished into 50 levels. The whole process was sped up as it was pretty lengthy before the squish, so 1-50 now is faster than 1-120 before but each individual level should take longer. (part of the reason for the squish was to make levels more meaningful as dinging a level every 10-20 minutes made them feel pretty mundane)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.