So how is the Alliance different than Sylvanas now?

As soon as they start losing in Battle for Dazal’Alor, they leave behind troops as a time wasting sacrifice in order to prepare their ships for retreat.

The fate of these troops is very much understood. And they were ordered to do so.

However, somehow that is different than the bombing of troops that didn’t make a called retreat in time and would die in the hands of the Alliance anyway. A total called retreat, with morons like Saurfang staying behind voluntarily.

Alliance is the name, hypocrisy is the game.

12 Likes

This is some low quality bait. You can do better.

31 Likes

Oh quite simply. They were aiming for the king(forgot his name) and his navy. Once the mission is done. They retreat since they have no interest of making a blood bath there.

If Sylvanas attacked Boralus or SW. My bet she would kill the ruler AND then order all her troops to kill every living thing in SW. Be it a scared woman or an innocent child. Nobody will walk out of SW/Boralus alive.

There…there is your difference.

16 Likes

the Troll is dead our job is done for now

1 Like

That doesn’t change the fact that your retreat involves a cruel sacrifice of lives that is ordered knowingly.

4 Likes

what about Teldrassil!?

3 Likes

Its not a decision to be made lightly. But
Look from this perspective. Sacrifice an unit/army and let the fleet and everyone else who can make it, out of the war zone.

VS

Everyone just turns their back and runs, giving the city defenders a chance to gun down everyone. Result: nobody gets out alive.

Edit: Also. The philosphy is different. When the alliance sacrifices somebody. They regret and honor the guy who payed the final price.

In Sylvanas mindset: “As long as I get what I want. I dont give a rat’s a** who and how much dies in the result”.

8 Likes

Had to be done in order to decrease the population of Night Elves visiting Goldshire. It was for your own good.

6 Likes

Alliance best faction <3 no need to be jealous

1 Like

Oh, of course. Everything the Alliance does is done honorably. Even if it is ordering them to die.

Meanwhile the Horde is dishonorable when ordering everyone to retreat and has to sacrifice the ones who didn’t make it after the retreat process is overdue.

It all makes sense.

6 Likes

What do you expect from beasts!?

ask Blademaster Telaamon what sacrifice is!

Sure and in battle for Lordareon.
Sylvanas: Release the plague. Poison everyone
Orcs getting killed us: You are killing your own troops as well with it!
Sylvanas: AND?

So…Sylvanas deserves a medal for humanity for that? :smiley:

4 Likes

They are soldiers of alliance they knew the risk and they take it it was not like sylvannas FIGHT for horde boys and did i forget to mention that if you start losing i blight you and raise your bodies to fight again ! dont worry about it.

1 Like

She has my vote. At least she called for a retreat first.

I prefer someone cruel after the point of no return rather than someone pseudo-honorable who will throw you into the fire to save their skin.

1 Like

I can end this debate. Blizzard told us that the alliance would do something morally grey, this is it. Its just morally grey. (Yeah I went there)

7 Likes

I normally hate that meme, but that was well placed.

1 Like

What makes you think that they sacrificed an unity/corps/army what ever for 1 king to get out? Did you read properly my previous reply?

Sacrifice an unit, an army to save the fleet? The alliance didn’t sacrifice everyone just so that Jaina can get out(if anything. She actually stayed behind to delay the horde’s counter-attack even more, while everyone else got out, same for the gnome king).

Sylvanas would have probably raised the dead or plagued everyone and everything and ran out first. Now that would be your true example: Plague and destroy everyone so that I can get out and save my rotten skin. :smiley:

3 Likes

We didn’t burn civilians alive in a tree because one dude was a meanie to us. That’s how.

2 Likes

You mean Sylvanas who stayed behind as a bait herself in the throne room while all the other leaders and troops had already evacuated?

Seems like your perception is wrong then.

4 Likes