So many bugs with each rotation in S4

So now we are in a 1 week rotation per season content it seems that Wednesday is always the buggiest days…

Last week it was as following was a hot mess of problems happening

This week’s rotation new problems arise:
-For Researchers under fire, if you kill the Jaradin at the altar too quickly, the serpent won’t spawn, making it impossible to continue
-Cache of Embers for Timerift is linked to the world quest, making it only available for 1 character per realm, making other characters miss out on veteran gear.
-Elders Duo is not highlighted on the world map as awakened but is, also doesn’t always give Cache of Embers, while previous week the world boss did.
-Reports are coming in from people with empty Vault.

You encountered more problems this rotation? Let us know!

3 Likes

-Killing Elders does not give me world quest credit.
-Buff to get guarantee mount from Timerift didn’t give me a mount.
-Could not roll on multiple items in raid even though they were upgrades but then i could roll on some that were not upgrades.
-Mount from Traders tender is bugged.
-Killing Aurostar does not give world quest credit.
-Getting absolutely zero rep from 9 dream seeds, then getting 150 for just one…

– Still have not got my crests back that got lost last week due to a bug with conversion vendor.

1 Like

Cata Classic prepatch is riddled with bugs too. They are probably putting fires out left right and centre, so to speak.

1 Like

Also bug-boss of season 2 in Neltharus, the chainboss, is not fixed yet. Chains not breaking, a chain snapping to another player so he has 2… etc. For now only had 1 nelths run where chains worked like they should.

At this point it’s just becoming a joke. I’m glad i havn’t bought TWW yet and i don’t plan to if this is the quality i’m to expect. So fed up of having to do things three times becuase of sharding or not being able to do somthing becuase it doesn’t work at all.

1 Like

This has happened to me a few times. You open the seed and it bugs items go to post box but you don’t get the rep.

Also be sure the seed is upgraded past 75% else it does not reward rep.

this might be the buggiest expansion we had. every single mini patch 10 things break. zero quality control see legendary upgrades. nothing is tested

They were all epic seeds, maxed out. Got crests and mats, just no rep. Should get a good amount for first 5 then small amounts after that. (Also noticed crests are now whelp ones and not drakes anymore).

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning this. I had the item in my bag, but forgot to use it. Sorry this happened to you, though, the lack of QA is really astonishing.

While there has always been bugs in Wow and they are somewhat inevitable given its size - the frequency with which major headline patch features have been launched in a broken state this expansion has been far higher than I’ve ever seen before.

The low point for me was the Hearthstone event which had so many issues that IMO the dev team not only let us down but also themselves and their colleagues on the Hearthstone team (whose game it was supposed to promote).

What was most incomprehensible to me was that they managed to launch Plunderstorm in a near perfect state just 1 week after that mess without any public testing at all. This clearly demonstrates that the team is capable of delivering a polished product when they care to - and the optics of launching two different features in such completely different states of readiness does not reflect well on the team and it’s leaderships level of care towards it’s player based as a whole.

As a long term player I’m deep in enough to let the issues pass - but for new players it will be a different story - and this does not bode well for the long term health of the game.

Plunderstorm was a complete stand alone game though despite only being accessible via the launcher. Not 1 part of it depended on retails coding from what I am aware.

1 Like

Not only that I suspect the mod was made long time ago and was one of those shelfed projects they dusted off and put into the game. Just needed tweaking.

Wasn’t it that game made by that other studio Blizzard bought out ?
Couldn’t have taken an enormous amount of effort to change textures etc to reflect warcraft.

This patch/season is a bug ridden mess even by Blizzards standards

1 Like

Not sure about the studio, but it was on the roadmap since the DF launch so most likely working on it prior to the launch and then still had a greater part of more than a year to work on it and tweak it. It was very polished so this is not a mod they spewed out in a few months.

And if they did it in a few month then it is very impressive.

Did Researchers under Fire on 2 characters and got 250 ilvl items on both …lol…
The reward bag itself was fine tho…

I’ve had this for a while now, each time I’ve had to do it a second time.

Elders not giving credit
Being rewarded with item level 350 gear
Trading post: can’t browsw some of the items
A few ui and visual bugs

These are from today. Im usually not bothered or notice bugs too much.

It feels like a lot of oversight in quality control happening. I know most resourches are now spearing towards TWW and Midnight (Seems the team is already making ways with The last titan) But you still need to focus on keeping the current content flowing so you keep your current player base playing. I still feel a bit punched in the gut that I played last week on starting day, lost some gear progress due to a bug. I even made a ticket asking if my champion gear that can’t be used on the catalyst last week (due to the bug) to be replaced by the same item that can work on the catalyst but I only get a standard auto reply. (even though people that got lower time walking weekly gear did get a replacement item)

I think the crazy amount of content releases have caught up to them. TWW Alpha, MoP remix, S4, Cata classic.

Think about it they used to have a patch on ptr for 2 months, they used to have release candidates for 2 weeks, but because they release so many things so fast they cut out a lot of it.

Next big thing for retail is MoP remix, the mode was publicly tested for a single weekend.