So refreshing to actually DIE again

I’m not ashamed to admit that I’ve already died a few times and it’s something I welcome. Too many modern MMOs have followed retail’s lead in making it nearly impossible to die until endgame content, and this destroys any sense of challenge or fun for me. I recently tried out ESO and left for this reason, because you can literally use auto-attack and no skills all the way to max level and never go below 90% HP, which makes any sort of gear or skill upgrades pointless. It’s a joke.

I was also surprised by how long the corpse runs are, which is good because there’s actually some incentive not to die, compared to modern games which often add rez on the spot mechanics. I hope the industry takes note of Classic’s success and realize that WE WANT REAL MMORPG’S AGAIN.

11 Likes

Lost count of how many times I’ve died in Darkshore from getting jumped by bears, and I’m loving it :smiley:

Corpse runs don’t feel as bad to me since I’m a Night Elf but damn, they really do make you not want to die again.

2 Likes

I’m just thankful they didn’t re-implement dishonourable kills. :sweat:

the only reason why you would die at that level is :slight_smile:

a)you overpull - aka you are a bad player
b)you dont fully develop you toon aka first aidmcooking , primary proffs , all skills, farming mobs for cash for upgrades - aka you are a clueless player
c)you have bad luck and dynamic spawn f…ck up and spawns new mob on you while you engaged old one 2-3 seconds prio. - aka bugs in game due to devs incompetence.

I concur. Playing Classic, made me enjoy gaming again.

Some times you don’t have a choice but to pull more than one mob in Classic. Doesn’t make anyone a bad player if they make a mistake. We’re human after all.

We’ve all been clueless at one point, then improved ourselves.

For some of us, it’s been 13 years since we last played the original game, and not everyone have spent years playing on Pservers. Pservers have never been able to deliver on most fronts.

Technology can be unpredictable, and some times one line of code can mess up 100 things just with one typo. Again, we’re only humans, even the developers.

Dynamic spawns can mess you up pretty badly, but who cares? You die, and you get back up and go at it from a different angle.

I’ll leave you with a few words of wisdom.

The best teacher you can ever meet, is defeat.

Dishonorable kills will be implemented.

Here’s what the PvP content looks like mapped to the phases we recently posted about :

Phase 1 (WoW Classic Launch)

You can PvP one another in the world, but there is no tracking, and no formal rewards for doing so.

Phase 2

Honor System (including Dishonorable Kills)

PvP Rank Rewards

Phase 3

Alterac Valley (version 1.12 )

Warsong Gulch

Phase 4

Arathi Basin

Phase 6

World PvP objectives in Silithus and Eastern Plaguelands

As we mentioned before, we haven’t yet determined exactly when each of the content phases will occur but we’ll keep you updated as they draw closer.

We’re here reading what you have to say, so we wanted to thank all of you for your feedback and discussions about Classic. Keep it going!

1 Like

Yep, seeing lots of corpses everywhere, too. :slight_smile:

:thinking: There’s an idea :bulb:

Heard :slight_smile: It´s so refreshing to throw someone a heal too, and have it actually matter as well :butterfly:

That moment of fear when you see 4-5 mobs running at you

2 Likes

Almost died today for first time, and was even in a party with priest.
Only pulled 3 mobs but two of them were healers and healed the third one, and third one kicked us for 5s spell school lock. Only double fear saved us (i’m playing lock) and even then barely, out of mana and hp <10%.

It was great!

2 Likes

Fargodeep Mine on my priest last night - Kill one Kol and then bam 6 aggro from nowhere (must have respawned) I lol’ed as I was running like a chicken and then finally dying :joy:

moved then to lvling my Tauren had to kill some Gnolls, Bloody hell those guys have some aggro range kill one and then bam 3-4 more have walked in range and I’m running off with my tail between my legs. died so many times and laughing each time.

At level 13 now and died once so far, but I’m really try harding. And I got my totems that let me bravely run away.

At some point I was in a group with a bunch of other shamans, and you could see people with mana healing other people. That was just amazing that it was needed and that the cooperation worked so well. We had 1 mage in that group sheeping nicely to avoid problems. Absolutely awesome.

Yeah, all my deaths have been from respawns that happened near to me while busy fighting something else.

wouldnt happen in 2004 due to no dynamic spawns back then .

just saying.

My first death cam by way of Princess- the pig in brackwell pumpkin patch…i thought,“its only 3 mobs”, I was then promptly slapped on the wrist…

Love it

Wait…how do i have my classic charecter as avatar?

What a ridiculous post.

1 Like

Yesterday i was tryin to tame the lion in mulgore and suddenly a kodo arrived and killed me.
After that it were 2 plainstrider. After i tried to ull 2 zhevras and arrived to join 3 screecher.
Ive seen many many skeletons around. Im proud to say some of them were mine!

It seems ridiculous to you because it’s in response to the ridiculous trend among modern MMOs that players should be gods from day 1 and the game should just be an interactive storybook with no sense of danger.

I’m enjoying running around with my priest and save guys that pulled too much. Did not remember how good does it feel helping a random player.