So the Lich King is a double traitor now?

Old canon: LK was created by the Burning Legion to facilitate their taking over Azeroth, but eventually turned against them to take over Azeroth himself.

New canon: LK was created by the Jailer to facilitate his taking over Azeroth then given to the Burning Legion to facilitate their taking over Azeroth, but eventually turned against both of them to take over Azeroth himself.

That’s pretty impressive. I have gained a whole new level or respect for the Lich King.

Old canon made total sense.
Newer canon… seriously? What’s the point of giving a weapon to another potential enemy infused with the power to destroy souls?
Oh wait a minute… i apologize. I shouldn’t have asked the current writers to make sense of something. Way too above their level.

1 Like

Yes, just have golden boy Anduin vs edgy girl Sylvanas, and call it a plot. Why write something more complex and deep? People are still going to run the content for the loot, anyway.

1 Like

I hope they will give us an explanation how those maw artists came into the hands of the legion.

A wizard did it. Or maybe a plot device.

Well thanks for tell me that obvious but it doesn’t help me further.

And keep calling it “Back to the roots!” “Morally grey!” and “Orcs Vs Humans!”

I know, but I have no better answer. Sorry :frowning:

then again, they never actualy told the burning legion or sargeras where the helm and sword came from, he pretty much was in the belife Kil´jaden and the dread lords created them.
so the Jailer kind of did betray even sargeras him self there.

even Bolvars says he had the feeling that he did hear a voice that was not Nerzhuls.

The problem with this is pacing. Such a sudden 180 is hard for suspension of disbelief to swallow.

I don’t mean that the idea of the junk was originally made by the Jailer and somehow given to KJ is a bad idea. That idea works. But you need to ease it in, not say “Oh by the way, all those 20 years of Lich King lore? Well, BIG TWIST, it’s all different now, thanks to these characters we just introduced!”

That just doesn’t work. If the Jailer is the one who gave the Legion all the Lich King equipment, then he had to have given it to them the first time it came up. And to just suddenly drop it all like this, it’s too much of a hard turn, leaves too many questions open at once.

1 Like

true though I do hope we get more lore about why and how it happend, becuse there is things missing still that we should know.
like is Nerzhul in the maw working whit the jailer or where is he, and where is Arthas realy most likely in a bad mood due to what Uther did.

Yeah the new lore doesnt make any sense whatsoever. I dont like that Nerzhul was suddenly made completely irrelevant, when he was the Lich Kings whole power.

They couldve made the Jailer the big villain of the Shadow lands without compromising the old lore and damage it so badly. The connection couldve been made with the Dreadlords alone, not the entirety of the Helmet and Frostmourne.
Arthas even able to destroy Nerzhul made no sense either whatsoever, how could Arthas, whos soul was already taken by Frostmourne, outmanouver Nerzhul who had already mastered his piowers and could read minds?

And the Jailer, I mean that was Bolvars new name. Are they that lazy? Couldnt they just have made Bolvar corrupted the way they were already building the Scourge from behind the scenes and allow him to open the way for Sylvanas.

I really thought his character development throughtout the years were getting interesting, seeing the darkness slowly consuming his soul.

Im glad KelThuzad is back though, he is the greatest villain in Warcraft. Along with Sylvanas the evil is complete.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.