So what happened to Rogues?

I played as Main Rogue since Classic but since i restarted one month ago what happened with the rogues?

Plenty of m+ Raids Lfr and any other activities with grp requirement but not a single rogue .

More than 30 M+ not a single on even on application .
Lfr i logged my rogue and the only one .

Does the class underperform or is not actually viable in this expansion due the + class=spec added ?

Y.g . I tried Outlaw is pure rng and only for Blade-fury Aoe . Not the best ideal.
Assasination is like a complete boring spec at some point is just copy repeat with no Hard finisher or something than any other classes-specs have.
Subtely i found quite enjoyable but somehow lacks Aoe and as i saw is focused more on pvp .

Even so the representation on pve for rogues sems quite appealing

Lot’s of reasons unfortunately.

It’s a gamble taking a rogue because the difference in damage output between an average-to-good rogue and a great rogue is crazy. But even a great rogue’s damage right now isn’t anything to write home about. Outlaw is very rng and requires constant uptime, there’s so many places outside of your control that will result in poor damage going out unpredictably.

Not to mention a bunch of dungeons this season have massive pulls and this is not good for outlaw in particular.

Even if you manage to rng a great rogue from LFG in a dungeon that suits it, they aren’t bringing anything special to the group any more. Shroud isn’t needed or anything you want to shroud has truesight. Kidney shot is meh in a world full of aoe stops. You can’t use stealth to get out a bunch of cheap shots because thats where your damage is. You can hardly hold onto vanish anymore for cheese because thats where your damage is.

Contrast that with something like a ret paladin, even a bad one can press their buttons as they light up and do reasonable damage, and they also have bop, sac, off-heals, dispels, freedom, etc etc. They aren’t punished by downtime and they have a proper cooldown every minute that gives them predictable burst damage.

1 Like

I think also the fact that Rogues doesn’t bring much to the table when it comes to Mythic+ also plays a role. We don’t bring BL, CR, PI or any party wide buffs while other classes usually bring at least one of them all. We do have the dmg reduce poison which helps, but most people don’t really notice it or think about it.

It just feels “Meh” inviting a Rogue into a party. I main Rogue, but to be honest, when I am making a mythic party, I usually don’t want to have a Rogue with me. I rather have Aug that buffs everyone, Shadow priest that gives PI, Ret with CR/auras/Off-heals/Lay and such. Rogue doesn’t have any massive AOE stun for big pulls or knockback to stop casts.

I do however think that Rogue is really fun to play myself. I love to play it both in PvE and PvP, just that it doesn’t bring much like i said above

2 Likes

The main reason is, you can get almost everything a Rogue has to offer with other Classes, without having to work half as much for it. Rogues can do good damage and have good survivability, but that’s hardly a rare thing. Stealth offers very little in Group PvE, when the pace of the run is largely decided by the Tank anyways. Rogues in PvE just don’t offer anything special.

I normally play assassination/sub. I quit playing outlaw when they have first introduced in WOD. I have recently wanted to play, I was going to play subtlety. I have checked the amount of buttons, danse macabre talent and I said nope because you have limited time frame in shadow dance, you have tons of abilities, it takes too much effort. Assassination’s dps was extremely bad so I wanted to check outlaw after a long time. I checked skills and talents then I watched someone in twitch just to see his Weak Auras. It was like xmas tree, skills lights on, lights off, he was not blinking, was just staring his Weak Auras. Ofcourse I passed outlaw as well, thanks god they have buffed assassination this week and it’s not that bad :smiley:
Other classes are easier and performs better. Rogue is melee and I feel a lot of pressure in M+ runs of Season 4, it’s like torture while BM hunter jumps around, does massive dmg, I try to avoid melee abilities and stay in range of adds just to dps.

1 Like

Rogue is just too much work for too little reward and other classes do the same with way less effort for better comeback.

7 Likes

Dunno, I have 24 rogues currently.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.