Social problems as a DH

Hello everyone! As we all know we struggle with getting into m+ grps as havoc and sometimes even if we get in we are getting blame for everything if something goes wrong in a dungeon. I thought we can share out stories ane exp of toxic players we have met on our way.

I got inspired to do this after todays m+14 DoS run. I got invited to a grp where Hunter was the leader. He was around 215 ilvl and i was 220 with my ST items. He seemee strange from the beginign, no hello, no chat but 123 when me and healer were summoning others. We started by little chat before dungeon which was quickly ended by hunter saying stop talking focus on game. We wiped once + 1 death from me because i died to a stupid purple beam before entering mechagon side - it was my fault my brain just lagged, but other than that everyrhing went smooth. Hunter didnt do any mechanics on neither of bosses, for example when gnome lady mage (i have bad memoey to names lol) started to unleash bomb runners he didnt even mind to click them even tho the run past him, my and lock had to do all of them. On last boss hunter died before p2, he got ress we killed ghosts and he died again after we were done. After that he rejected to try 1 more time (2min on timer but it was not enough anyway) because “dh dont deserve any loot i wont make it for him”. Whole party was in shock and we asked why, he reapond with “hes doing only 4.3k dps” (total). He left. So I whispered him why is he blaming me if hes the one who died on last boss and he was lower dps than me too (and lower than lock too btw). He said “Hahahahaha you noob you are 220” i told him DHs lack of dps and i was doing all i could and he was lower even if he is fotm class. Yes im aware of ilvl differance but i still think hunt shouls do more than DH cuz of being Stier class but i would be happy if you could tell who should do more. He started flaming me hard with words I think Im not allowed to put in here, there were texts about what I shouls so with my life, about my mom, inteligance and uninstalling the game. I ignored him and thats how it ended but let me know your toxic stories and also who was right in this situation me or him? I honestly dont know who was right about dps thing.

Seems like a one off occasion of toxicity than anything. Feelsbad but just put the guy on ignore and report him for toxicity, I think people like that are still a minority. Insecure people tend to latch onto someone and blame them bc its easier than facing your own mistakes. We had a key once where the shaman healer was blaming the rogue for low damage when in reality it was because we kicked the wrong abilities and got wiped by mechanics. We died to rebellious fist, he had his kick up, so did the tank but yes its the rogues damage thats the problem -_- They don’t know much about the game, or why they are failing and just want a scapegoat, in this case you just got unlucky.

Most people have no issues with my havoc and on fortified weeks I keep up just fine with damage usually sitting in number 2 spot and only a bit behind the balance druid or fire mage at the top so I’m quite happy with that. I’ve been lucky that I’ve not really encountered much toxicity to me playing the game but I’ve only really been actively pushing keys on fortified where I know I will keep up with the dps. I avoid Tyrannical like the plague and just tank x10 weekly mists or spires for vault, letting that week pass by for my havoc spec. Tyrannical weeks in general are pretty toxic and bring out the worst in people due to how frustrating they are. Do what I do and just pretend they don’t exist.

Thanks for advise and story. Will just ignore those players and try couple of more times with havoc (im 4x13 4x14 now) to finish all dungs on +14 at least this week and push 15s next week but if it wont go well im gonna give up on this week, theres no need to stress all the time and theres still a lot of time to get the mount.

I aslo tried tanking couple of times but my hp always drops fast, i dont feel good as a tank (pvp is different story). It was fun tanking with guildies but pug just pulls everything they want and then blame tank, after my last time as a tank I was told super toxic things I woulsnt even realize some1 can come up with and i just gave it up. Hope Im gonna get that +15 before next season.

I’ve never met a nice demon hunter in my wow career. To me you guy’s are the problem, i know thats kinda harsh but just 30 mins ago a very nice demon hunter asked me to quit the game, because i played arcane and did better than him, the couldn’t take it.

i had priest call me a crappiest tank of all time and quit my 13 Plaguefall after he pulled a pack thats right on second boss while i jumped on the left pack…he dieded, raged and quit…who cares, its not the class that matters, its the person behind the screen.

Anywho, arcane is awesome in m+, dont let anyone tell you differently. Played it a bit…pure fun and you dish out ton of dmg and the best thing … you can jump around like a dh on trash! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.