[SoD] Sunfire macro in bear form is possible [solved]

The druid Sunfire Rune says in the description:

“while in Bear For, Cat Form or Dire Bear Form, your Moonfire is replaced with Sunfire (Bear) or Sunfire (Cat). […]”

Summary

I tried using both the default Sunfire and the Sunfire (Bear) in a simple mouseover macro:

#showtooltip
/cast [form:0, @mouseover, exists] Sunfire; [form:0] Sunfire
/cast [form:1, @mouseover, exists] Sunfire (Bear); [form:1] Sunfire (Bear)

which does not work, because there is no “Sunfire (Bear)”.

Switching into bear form causes Moonfire (in the balance tab of the spellbook) to change into a Sunfire that costs 20 rage.
Yet the Sunfire spell that costs mana is still there, in the new Rune tab of the Spellbook. Which means there are two spells with an identical name.

I tried shift clicking on the spell that was formerly Moonfire and becomes a Sunfire that costs rage in the balance tab of the spellbook, to paste it into the macro, the output was

/cast Sunfire

Which is the normal Sunfire spell that costs mana and using that shifts you out of bear form.

I tried

/cast Moonfire

hoping it would change into the Sunfire that costs rage upon shifting into bear form. Nope. That one stays Moonfire, no matter which form.

Am I missing something?
Is there some conditional or syntax or something I don’t know about?
Because as far as I can tell, there is no distinction between the Sunfire that costs mana and the one that costs rage, both are just “Sunfire”, making it impossible to create a macro for this?

Edit:
Figured it out.
In case anyone has the same problem, here’s the solution:

#showtooltip
/cast [form:0, @mouseover, exists] Sunfire; [form:0] Sunfire
/cast [form:1, @mouseover, exists] Moonfire(Rank 1); [form:1] Moonfire(Rank 1)

this will cast Sunfire on mouseover in caster form and Sunfire (the one that costs rage) on mouseover in bearform

it appears that the rune changes the rank 1 moonfire into sunfire for bears (probably cats, too?), hence calling on rank 1 moonfire in the macro text changes it into the feral Sunfire when switching forms.

5 Likes

Optimized

#showtooltip
/cast [form:1,@mouseover,harm,nodead] [form:1] Moonfire(Rank 1); [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [] Sunfire

If it also works in Cat form

#showtooltip
/cast [form:1/2,@mouseover,harm,nodead] [form:1/2] Moonfire(Rank 1); [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [] Sunfire

For cat form(form 2) I’ve found no way to integrate Sunfire in my macro. This is a !@#? puzzle Blizzard made us… How can’t we have 1 button for SUNFIRE regardless the form?

1 Like

Keep in mind that if you have Aquatic form, then catform becomes Form 3.
This is what is currently working for me (baked mangle to just have 1 button for both, however it currently only shows tooltip/icon for mangle, not for sunfire.)

#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast [form:1] Mangle(Bear)
/cast [form:3] Mangle(Cat)
/cast [form:1/3,@mouseover,harm,nodead] [form:1/3] Moonfire(Rank 1); [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [] Sunfire

2 Likes

None of the Macros work for me when I am in Cat.

However as stupid as it seems this does:

#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast Moonfire(Rank 1)

If you call on Moonfire it seems to draw the correct Sunfire Rune with energy cost in Cat Form.

2 Likes

Can use these

1 Like

I want to use Sunfire in pvp build and Shred in pve on this key.

/cast [known: Sunfire] Moonfire(Rank 1); Shred()

“known” doesn’t work in SoD, how can i do it?

Worst case you could include a tabard in one of the gear sets and use [worn:tabard] as the trigger.

1 Like

None of macros worked on me but then i went to the spell book and clicked in show all ranks for abilitys and then in the balance part it appeared the sunfire ability (for that u have to be in bear form or the ability doesnt appear

2 Likes

Amazing, just what I was looking for, ty

thank you very much :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.