We are Solace, a guild founded in 2009, that has an established raid team ever since then at varying levels of difficulty. Currently and since the start of Legion we are trying to push ourselves harder and complete all content while it’s current (including those juicy raid achievements), to that end, we teamed up with another guild in our server cluster, Mortality, in order to make the numbers for mythic raiding. However, we are still wanting to grow within Solace and we’re always looking for new members to join our community and raids. Since we are running them with Mortality, our raids will be a little bit different than your average guild group, but I will explain more below!
What Solace offers you:
- A solid, well established group of friends.
- A group available to dabble into other content with, be it M+, occasional PvP, etc.
- A drama free environment, we’re all adults here and behave as such, there will be no tolerance for s**t stirring.
- An active discord server with daily random banter, useful information, guides, raid tactics, kill screenshots and videos. You get the idea, it’s our main hub for all things Solace while not in Azeroth!
- Two main raids per week (along with Mortality) plus a casual/alt run where everyone can join (maximum number of players permitting) and we very much encourage everyone to try their hand at the new raids even if they are just with us in a social capacity.
- There will be the occasional social event, depending on interest and participation.
- As a side note, we will be creating a guild for Classic WoW, on the horde side, our members felt like it was a nice change of pace. It will however be on a PVE server, so everyone can try both factions etc.
What we look for in a new recruit:
- Ideally over 18 years of age, humor can get a little adult themed from time to time, not to mention we’re all ancient and you’d just make us feel old…
- Dedication to your class and main spec.
- Good attendance and activity in the guild. It kinda sucks when people are only around for raids and it also means you won’t be able to make friends as easily.
- Sociable, this really goes hand in hand with the previous point and respectful of everyone within the guild and without.
- Willingness to learn and be criticized (always constructively).
- Someone who wants to have fun with us and has a good sense of humor, this is really a must here!!
Current Rainding Scene:
Solace raids two nights a week (main raids), Thursday and Tuesday from 20h30 to 23h30 Server Time. We also host a casual/alt raid on Saturdays (20h-23hST), which is optional, but folks are encouraged to tag along, even if you’re not a raider, you get to see the content, get some loot and maybe try out a different spec or role!
As mentioned above, we currently run our main raids with Mortality, due to numbers, so this means that our raids work slightly differently from your traditional guild group. Currently we have a set-up that takes about 10 players from each side when it comes to Mythic comps, so being prepared for sitting out occasionally is essential. The raid leading is handled by Mortality mostly, however all the officers and GMs from both sides are constantly communicating to decide what’s best for the raid.
Loot in Solace works very simply, since the Personal Loot change we have been trading off what we DON’T NEED, and I stress this because we don’t enforce trading AT ALL. Simply paste said undesired item in raid chat with a roll prompt and watch those sad undergeared team mates claw each other for that sweet sweet upgrade!
We are currently mostly after DPS with strong healing and tanking OS. Otherwise any ranged DPS would be amazing! However, we will consider all applicants individually and will account for other things you might bring to the guild and team when making a decision!
That being said, if you don’t wanna go through that complicated mess that is raiding and just want a chill place to hang out, then you are WELCOME to join us on a more social capacity! BFA took quite a toll on most guilds, and Solace has definitely felt this too, so we are trying to rebuild a little bit, come help us out!
If you do end up joining us, which I really hope you do, there is also an initiate period which is more of a “breaking the ice” period, where we can see how you meld with the group, how you perform and also if you are happy with your new home! This usually lasts a couple of weeks depending on player activity, can be longer sometimes.
If you made it this far and this has sparked your interest, please look for me in game! I’m usually on my shaman Phea, otherwise you can add me on bnet and poke me there anytime, I will get in touch as soon as possible! My tag is MemoryFish#2179.
Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day!