Solo BG Meele Class

What meele classes do you find strongest for solo queuing random BGs?

I’ve played Ret and Enhance so far and love both. In random BGs usually you have no pocket healer and need self sustain so I’d guess arms and fury isn’t as strong. I’ve never had issues facing rogues with my Ret or enh so I’m not tempted trying them either. Frost DK tickles me tbh.

I’d say the same as you tbh, had a lot of success as solo ret in the past and found warr frustrating for that specifically in comparison. DK I wouldn’t write home about either, same for dh. I like feral, but I know it’s a niche thing, I like it because I can already play it well but it’s hard to flatout recommend. Survival hunter can be fun too if you don’t mind the playstyle. Ww and enha atm as well. Rogues always, there’s just plenty of bad ones around.

I think I’ve covered all now :blush:

As frost dk you will have a hard time when playing solo. I have 226 ilvl full pvp gear and lose to rets, enhance and basically everything that has an offheal even when I out gear them by 10 ilvl.

FDK has become a support class. Your only kill pressure comes from a pvp talent that needs 2 people within 6 yards of each other. Otherwise you hit for a fraction of what rogues, enhance, havocs and especially rets hit.

I regret playing FDK this expansion though I dont find the time and the motivation to reroll

2 Likes

i think for solo randoms Retri or Rogue is probably the best because of the gameplay, one is stealth and ninja and stuff the other has great survivability and damage. Enhancement you need some gear and some skill to learn and be able to survive on your own, but if you got that down then its by far the most fun. I can imagine ww to be similar but i never played one.

both are good
play whatever you like

Sub/sin rogue or ww monk.

Rogue if you’re the sneaky 1vX kind of player. DK for teamfights.

Enh and ret are both nice inbetweens, they just dont contribute as much as the above in the respective areas.

I find myself in the same position, it’d be less bothersome if I could at least play Unholy. I regret not maining something more useful and engaging

frost plays so crap if you happen to end up in 1v1s a lot as skill streak does nothing then. But in big brawls they destroy everyone if they got cds up

enhance just dies to easy with too limited defensives considering in brawls you are perma stunned for the first 10s of a fight.

ret is very good for random bgs but the playstyle is waiting for cds, which certainly is not for everyone.

rogues, guess you must like the wait for unfair advantages and seek for 1v1 playstyle

survival is pretty meh as no self sustain

fury is kinda fun but lacks in dmg

monk is too squishy for bgs unless you 1v1 a lot

dh is bad as well now

feral is okish but you need max gear to have fun.

bgs these days are really painful for melees :expressionless:
don’t ever join epic bgs unless you are a dk as melee

Warrior is a really engaging class to play. Arms doesn’t have any healing with the “meta” pvp spec, but I’ve been doing BGs with fury with the “healing” spec and it actually blew my mind. If I pop cds I can sustain myself basically unlimited in 1v1s and for a good amount of time, up to a minute in 1v2s and 1v3s. Pick Impending victory and full healing conduits, and you won’t feel squishy in bgs at all.
But back to your original question, it seems like you already play the most “individually suficient” meele classes, that is Ret and Enhance.

yea surviving isn’t that big of a deal as fury, but you ain’t killing any prio targets by yourself either ;|

If you are not tempted to try Rouge, than…

WW - You can blow up anyone in LS, you have so many go’s.

*low dmg cd’s, insane mobility, cc, heals.

Dont know what prio means, but I’m absolutely smashing people from 100 to zero in a few seconds. Even healers. They just melt if you pop cds and have a bit of uptime on them. Maybe it’s a L2P thing.

All melee are good in random BG except Ashran.

Arms Warrior is very strong. As a Shadow Priest I’m very scared of Warriors. Sub Rogues can still kill people in a stun. Ret is obviously insane damage wise.

When it comes to solo pvp, ret hands down. No question about it, even meme sub rogue isn’t up there. FV is a burst in itself, like Starsurge.

A lot of good input here!

My issue right now is that on one side, Ret is undoubtedly by far the strongest melee at this point and I definitely enjoy playing mine a lot at ilvl 205, but on the other side enhancement, despite being significantly weaker, is just so much fun.

The rotation feels engaging and fast paced, animations are great, a lot of variety with melee attacks, instant ranged attacks in harvest and lightning, shocks and totems plus a lot of team utility. Dropping an earthbind or healing stream totem or buffing a group member with shamanism feels useful. Another point is that an orc enhance in great transmog just has a special look and feel too. I just wish we could use or at least mog 2hand maces as id love to mog hand of ragnaros for old times sake. In burst windows with ascendence+shamanism+doom winds enhance can delete 3 or 4 people within 15 seconds easily. Outside of burst windows it’s not that insane and as mentioned defensives are not good enough. Burst windows are also prown to CC.

Ret doesn’t even need to be discussed. Dmg is ridiculous, mobility is actually not as bad as people say, self heals are great even after the nerfs and defensively rets are an absolute pleasure, bubble might just be the single most amazing spell in the game. You dominate random BGs, delete people left and right and with 200+ and some skill you top kills and dmg every single time. Sometimes you win a 1v2 or 1v3 and it feels like a walk in the park. Then again whenever I play my Ret I secretly miss my enhance, not because of superior performance, but because of superior feel, fun and look. Maybe it would be different if orcs could be paladins, I only really consider horde for PvP for obvious reasons, Tauren make the best mog look horrible, my female belf is cool but not really the level of badass you’d want, I feel like melee are predestined to be aggressive, tall, male characters. Male Zandalari in T2 with hand of ragnaros might actually be an option.

l2p thing from furys then I guess, because I cannot ever die to one as a healer and just kill them by myself. Bonus points if they just killthemselves when they pop their heal into mind games

if you would do that, I am fairly certain fury had at least some appearances on the ladder or in rbgs, but neither is the case, so I highly doubt you are smashing anything apart from ilvl 190 people in bgs

fury does dmg with their one trick night fae but apart from that they have not enough dmg because they are lacking MS

take it from a fellow enhance main this woltk, don’t do it to yourself and play this class or better spec.
Yes rotation, and fantasy and animation is oddly fun and satisfying but the pvp experience is usually very frustrating outside of some funny moments where you are allowed to delete someone quickly.

a 3min cd is not very suitable for fun BGs, it is more for arena gameplay.

if you like to have more fun with enhance in bgs I suggest you the following:

1. go night fae
  2. get 226 gear
  3. get legendary of the frost witch
  4. play ele blast

don’t play doom winds in bgs, you will not be very happy with it over the course of many bgs as the setup takes longer than it takes for you to die.

but no matter what, there are certain specs that can be played to more success without having crazy gear. Those usually tend not to be melee classes unfortunately.

I found specs with mediocre gear (200-205 ilvl) are:
MM hunter
Ret
Ele shaman
Mage (frost & fire)
Any healer (if you stay back)
Holy pala is immortal no matter where you are in bgs

all others I found to be heavily gear dependent to even remotely dent somebody.

Damage is removing health points from you opponent. MS applies a debuff. They are quite different ya know?

So you admit you are playing at around 1400 - 1600 rating? only there you see stuff like that. The are PLENTY of fury warriors doing good above 2k in all brackets.

The man asked for a solo bg class. Arms warrior is the WORST solo class in the entire game. If you want to die like a hopeless chicken from random dots and aoe because no healing be my guest, play arms. I assume 95% of the time he won’t have a pocket healer, so fury would be a more sensible choice.