Solo rating reward!

It’s a bit oversimplified, but yeah.

To accomplish that, you must “stabilize” your rating.

Pretty much every PvP rating system’s ultimate purpose, is to quantify people’s abilities relative to every other rated person.
So what makes a stabilized rating, and what makes a destabilized rating, is the win rate. A rating system becomes more and more certain that your rating is accurate, the more you win and lose at the same rating range.

For example, let’s say you’ve got a stable rating at 1000. But you’ve improved and start winning 2 wins for every 1 loss. That tells the system that it’s not where you belong, but it’s not too far away from where you belong, so it becomes a little more destabilized. In other words, it tries to increase your MMR to a point where you get 1 win for every 1 loss. But it does so gradually.

However, the larger your win streak is, the more destabilized the rating becomes. For example if you’ve got 10 wins in a row with no losses whatsoever, then the MMR will keep climbing faster than usual since it wants to find the range where you start to lose.

Once it then has found where you start to lose, then it’ll keep making you lose less per loss since your MMR is so much higher than your CR, while also winning more per win since you’re beating opponents with much higher MMR than your CR.

Once your CR then catches up to your MMR, it starts to even out the amount of rating won and lost every time, since then the opponents’ MMR won’t be higher than your CR and MMR.
That’s when it has become stabilized again, and where you keep getting 1 win for every 1 loss.

The most stabilized state for the matchmaking, is when it finds the rating where you literally win 1, lose 1, win 1, lose 1, in that order, over and over again to the end of time. The more games you play, the more certain it becomes.

so for example in that screenshot everbody is in the same mmr but not same cr?
yeah it makes sense what you say i tried something like that in csgo to win like 60% and the enemies started to get easier after few matches and i ranked up
before that i was trying so hard but it was almost impossible

Sorry, you’ve posted quite a lot of links so I don’t know which one you’re talking about now.

htt ps://ibb.co/0f5c387
in that one idk if you know the csranks but it actually doesn’t matter the top team is much lower and the other teams rank is the highest possible
i noticed something there in cs this weird games happen if i perform very bad or good and then the next match is somthing like this

but what would that mean in soloshuffle? lose one whole match or rounds like 2/6 and then 4/6?

yeah happen yesterday to my warri was wondering why good to know

you will get 0/20 for 4-5 wins if u lost 2 shuffles in a row and dropped ur mmr to low

There might be other explanations, for example WoW’s matchmaking starts off at certain parameters that’s ± of your own MMR, and then expands gradually the more time you spend in the queue.
It’s hard to say what causes it without looking at everyone’s match histories and personal MMRs.

It’s very unclear how streaks affects the rating system in shuffle. Because it counts each round as a match in shuffle, and then it just shows the summaries of all the rating won and lost in the shuffle to players once it’s over (which has caused a lot of confusion for the player base), and because you can see your own CR and MMR is unchanged throughout the shuffle, it means it’s probably throwing both the “streaks” of the rounds you lost, as well as the rounds you won, all at once when the shuffle ends.

So how those “streaks” affects the rating stability in shuffle’s rating system, is very unclear.

As mentioned in the paragraph above, it’s very unclear how it works in shuffle.

For the record though, I think this system is unviable for the shuffle game mode, and Blizzard needs to make some big changes.

Suggestion to fix the rating system in shuffle < That’s how I think they can fix the rating system used in shuffle.

1 Like

yeah i start to understand thank you and sorry for the first posts xD i started to build my own explanations for all this things without reading about it

do you know how it is in csgo? rounds or matches? it has to be the same like in soloshuffle right? blizzard has to make it like csgo?

yes i think your right its way to fast if you perform to good for few matches and check the players in the match you only have glad and very good players
idk if im right but i see the problem in the matches where you are tested why do you lose cr in this matches at all? i mean your personal mmr is much higher then your cr should your cr not be protected in these matches?

sou if you perform few times very good and your personal mmr rise you get much beter enemies but lose all matches there you are punished for that last match and are even lower after that

Thing is, I don’t know what CS:GO have set as parameters, like what it counts as wins and losses and so on, or if it only counts it as 1 win after winning a match with lots of rounds having been played in that match, or as 1 loss when losing the match as a whole despite lots of rounds lost.

But as I mentioned earlier, Blizzard have continued to develop their adaption of the Glicko systems ever since they implemented it at the start of the WotLK expansion, and I’m pretty sure Valve has continued to developed their own adaptions of it, for games like dota2, cs:go and so on.

So I doubt they use the exact same iterations of rating systems, it’s more like they’re just using the same original base for their individual adaptions.

yes i think nobody knows that i saw a statement from steam i believe and they say if everbody knows that you could manipulate it to easy

what is actually the best rate for normal arena to rise cr without getting your personal mmr to high? do you get cr for 1-1?

What matters for the amount you win or lose from a round, is the opposite teams’ MMR relative to your CR.

That’s because you had a losing streak going like that, and also lost against players with MMR lower than what you used to lose to before the initial rise of rating. Then you’ll typically end up lower than where you started.

Honestly, there’s a lot to explain about rating systems, but I have to go afk so I’ll just leave with the statement that the current rating system design they use in shuffle is unviable. :laughing:

Depends on the small differences in rating vs. opponents’ MMRs. You can get it, but it’s not guaranteed. Best way to do it slowly is just 2 wins, 1 loss, 2 wins, 1 loss, in that order.

1 Like

thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: i learned in 1 hour more then i was trying to find out on my own for few years

yes pls fix blizzard or no more sub xD

what would actually happen if your mmr could not rise more then lets say 100 above your cr? would that not be much beter? even if it means slower cr gain?

its MUCH more fun ,blizzard needs to add solo queued rated bgs.

so u rather sit 30min in que then 30min in lfg?

Also its an MMO its really not that hard to find fixed mates for 2s and if ur 2 its easy to find a 3rd

the solution is easy

nerf demonhunter

heals keep gain +0 from 3/6 because there is constant 1 player dieing each round

dps gains lil something from 4/6 because there is consatnt 1 player dieing each round

both dps and heal drop alot constant because there is random matchmaking of different mmr mixed and random things happen and -80 for all who were higher

matchmaking streches to match what ever mmr against each other if there is no other which results in wild games with no gain for the ones being higher

h ttps://ibb.co/KDWGd55 3x 0cr dps 2x 1530 heal

h ttps://ibb.co/C8V2tyv 0cr heal 1330cr heal, higher gain nothing for 4/6 lower gains +200 for 2/6

just some examples of wild matchmakings because of blizzard making it stretch to what ever in order to increase que time problem when the problem is lack of healers

everyone talking about this matchmaking need to understand that for 2s/3s u optimize play with ur own mmr so u climb most and drop least when the inevitable loss comes, u dont just go play with 0cr if ure on 2.1 example u will lose alot and gain nothing if win

now soloq is not this it matches wild mix of ratings and people yo-yo all the time and it is frustrating for all

I hope they find a way to fix soloq soon, and if not, the choice is very simple for me.

I just watched 0cr hunter get into 2x 1500 heal and rest dps 1300-1400 lobby

the hunter runs in without camo and press turtle as his first ability each round, then when his engaged he presses S whole game till his killed and both heals go 3/6

I tought he was bot till he left on round 6 when he got tilt :slight_smile:

Some of the dps had waited 30min que for this :slight_smile:

I had instant as im heal but good example of stupid system

this guy will never climb from 0cr like this so it makes no sense 2x heals from 1500 higher is put to trade 3/6 with ppl like these no matter what rating we ever climb

the matchmaking just puts these to torpedo everyones game for no reason :joy:

I think after 1.8 in shuffle it should be done way 2 many que shuffle and leave the resl brackets

I only q shuffle when my mates are not available. For me shuffle is a good option outside of 3s or 2s.

Still there is to much melee mobility for the current caster survivability. Yes even for SP and Warlock it is to much mobility.

Not gonna comment on if mobility is too high or not, but just for the record, you’re a caster. Just stick to the triangle formation in the open (please note that I’m not saying opening, just in the open as in open space on the map) and you’ll manage better than you’re doing now. In shuffle with people who doesn’t know how, just putting a bit more effort into kiting and shutting down their bursts can go a long way, but you’re meant to be in the open when you want to go on the offensive as a caster.