Solo Shuffle Tourny

I can tell there’s a lot of built up pressure in the mage community atm. I don’t think anyone denies that mage isn’t the best suited class for solo shuffle, but, again, it still comes as a surprise that arguably one of the best players in the world placed in the bottom, even if he’s playing at a disadvantage.
I was personally expecting Raiku to place around the middle.

if you want to be surprised, go on Xunamate, and check 2v2 3v3 and rated bg, for both EU and US, where does mage stands as playability, its basically the least class played in the game, ive played mage since 1.12, and never made any alt, or played sokmething else until bfa/shadowlands, bfa i made them out of boredom, and SL, im legit not logging my mage anymore, as we got nerfs and nerfs and nerfs and nerfs, now you literally don’t bring anything to the table, in a rated bg roster, you can totally tell mage is not being picked, because, damage wise its terrible, cc is terrible, mobility is terrible, it doesn’t offer anything, and some low mmr players will even tell you its good for defending, no, no its not, because if he defens it plays frost with elemental, aka, u can’t 1v1 anything, and if u need help every inc u get, you are not a good defender, rogue is a better defender than frost mage, hunter too, even warlock, hell warlock has more mobility than mage nowdays, warlock of all classes… and when i say cc is terrible, i mean, u cannot bring a mage to teamfight, because castercleaves and dots will HATE mage for db ring or db sheep anything, and they are right about that, dispelling your team damage and healing enemies, is not a good way of doing ccs. as for damage, u fall behind every class rn, you bring, NOTHING to the table, no dmg, no cc, no utility, nothing. if i was making a roster myself, i wouldn’t include mage, icewall was a good addition, but it gets destroyed by mass dispell, and any good priest will instantly delete it, also has very low hp, and anything above 1.6mmr right now will melt it in 1 sec

im online, even right now dueling and playing some arena on dragonflight, and its not going well, protection warrior just 1 global me at the start of the duel, 200k in 1 hit, i have 230k hp.
Shaman did 130k elemental blast, ww is 1global everything, fury and dh are impossible to fight.
Right now, mage feels decent on DF, but some other classes make it feel weak, because they are busted. Normally, id think that they gonna tune things, and nerf those, but after the last 6 years, i don’t hold my breath, as i except, mage to be tuned to do more normalized damage (currently is above normal) and some other broken af classes will stay the same and hit live, and get their usual instant glad flex mount in durotar telling others how bad they are.
i could go on forever about moaning and ranting the state of mage and how many things went wrong, but i mean, the thing that is REALLY pissing me off right now, is that Beta is already DEAD.
wrath release and people quit
soloq removed and people quit
lots of stuff that still cannot be tested and people quit.
what are we even testing rn… we can only spam HC dungeons with occasionally bugged duel where everyone is 1tapping eachother
there is bugs where people have infinite cooldown reduction, some classes 150k dps like they are godmode, some others don’t lose hp at all… i just can’t think of any reason to keep playing rn.

1 Like

why is that surprising?
they are all the best players in the world so then still someone who is one of the best will be last.

well mages will play with those busted classes and still be good in 3v3 most likely. always has always will, just because thry are the perfect cc bot in arena.

if mages want more dmg or stuns, they need to lose db,ring and get a 15s cd on hex.
if they had evwrything, well they would be another outlaw who dominates verything and then pair them together for a real fiesta.

mage dmg need tuning and thry need to move away from combust.
i mean nothing does dmg until you use combust that is so dumb seriously

They will try balance solo shuffle and basic 3vs3, 2vs2 will be supaaa interesting.
Example - they will boost mage and in basic rated arenas RMX will be overpowered ect.

maybe so, my concern comes mostly from the fact that idgaf about arena 3s, and i just wanna play regular wpvp, duels, bgs, and occasionally jump in arena and not needing to be on voice with rogue priest to win anything close to 1.8

i agree that having all mage dmg condensed into combustion is plain stupid and frustrating, but after the third infernal cascade nerf, now it snot even decent dmg, if the enmey is not stunned, every class can facetank it, tried in bg against an undergeared retir, confident is one of the easiest classes to deal with, he legit facetanked it, not even forced his bubble, and i was a solid 5-10 item level above him.

ttps://drustvar.com/leaderboard/solo?region=eu&sortby=percent

Add h to tittle, % win rate how solo shuffle is atm.

Mages got kinda good % rate plenty of them at the top.

higher than i thoguth, but, thats a different solo, i played soloshuffle on release, if u have even the tiniest gear advantage, enemies ignore you to go on lowest hp, and you are free to cast, still good winratio.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.