Solo Shuffle Update - 6 January

Good changes but the punishment should be way harsher than 15 min dehuff, it should he account wide and an hour long. Also repeat leavers should have the conquest vault reset.

2 Likes

Yes, because that’s what healers want. They don’t want to be able to heal, no no, they don’t want to be able to make a bigger difference than a bot could do in the background, hell no. No, what healers want is of course a “A little goodie bag” like in the dungeon queue. That’d certainly bring the number of healers queuing for shuffle up.

That one has much more potential, but ultimately it’d be a one-time thing since you’re not even talking about something seasonal, and those aiming for it tends to get it pretty fast while those who doesn’t care about it doesn’t bother going for it to begin with, and then there’s a small number of players that starts to queue for it after some time has passed.
Not really enough to make a difference though.

You mean something like addons can provide? Sure, wouldn’t be the first time Blizzard adopts an addon into the core game.

Yes, please remove tanks from small-scaled deathmatch PvP altogether. Thank you, Blizz.

1 Like

Why are you posting on several characters, one after another, seemingly pretending to be different people? Honestly, it seems a little schizo.

Also, degrading the gameplay itself wouldn’t help anything, even if it would bring queues down it’d become meaningless to have it be rated.

1 Like

They’re just brainstorm ideas for Blizzard. I’m sure they can evaluate them as any other idea input they get. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Worst outcome would be if they mistake it as approval from the players, just because they found a post like yours echoing it.

I’m pretty sure Blizzard developers and community managers can distinguish people’s posts from each other and consider the suggestions they’re given on their own merits.
Let’s not pretend it’s complicated to read a forum post and take it at face value for what it is, like anyone has always done.
It’s a post on a forum by a random WoW player. I think everyone, Blizzard included, knows to recognize it as such.
Calm the paranoia.

I doubt devs checks the forum to begin with, and if they ever do then they’ve got their cozy little community council-corner on the NA forum, so there’s that too.
While the CMs do their routine checks (not often, based on how long it takes for threads to be removed in this section of the forum), and do their summaries of who said what about X, Y and Z, and so on, and then hand in those summaries to be used as material during developer meetings.

Yes, you’re right, it’s not complicated. But you’re not the first one to have echoed that sentiment about adding a “goodie bag”. You people suggesting it are by no means a majority on the EU forum, but it’s enough to create a statistic, which I’d rather not influence their decisions.
As mentioned, worst outcome is if they would mistake it as approval from the players. Which could even delay more direct actions taken, because they’d maybe want to take it one step at a time.

You’re hilarious.

Anyway, have a good day. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

And again, massive changes for dps classes, barely any changes for healers. The first way to make healer more popular is to balance them good enough so that the 4 weak healers don’t want to leave the arena before it even started whenever they face a Dragon or Dudu…

Played 10 shuffles on my priest yesterday, 7 were against dudu and the others were against an Evoker. Great fun. But keep on thinking about ways on how to make the role more enjoyable…

Also inflate the freaking healer ladder, from all the 2,4k+ players only 17% are playing healer, there are almost as many dhs as ALL healers COMBINED.

The rating isn’t separated, they can’t inflate that without inflating the rest. What they can do, is slow it all down and put in guaranteed rating from winning as a minimum, instead of leaving it all to the MMR. (Just to clarify, it also means having a guaranteed minimum amount of rating lost from losing as well, so it evens out better. But at least winning more than 3 rounds will be more consistently rewarded that way.
The MMR would determine if more points should be gained or lost from a round, but what’s needed is a minimum at all times.)

1 Like

I don’t know how the rating system works but it just looks ridiculous that only 17% of the 2,4k+ ladder consists of healers. It’s so much easier to push high rating on a DH than it is on a healer right now and it is totally frustrating how Blizzard constantly “thinks” about making healing more enjoyable but doesn’t follow up with any actions.

25% more honor and conquest is absolutely meaningless, it’s insane how they even come up with so useless solutions. Hey, you can play a DH and get more CR by default or you can choose to heal this circus and get 25% more of a currency which nobody will care about after 2 days of playing. What will you choose?

If you look at the role setups possible in shuffles, and consider how many DPSers per healers are participating, and they can even get games without healers by getting into shuffles with prot palas, it means healers will be hovering around such a percentage.
Especially when you consider the fact that healers can’t carry as hard as a DPSer, so DPSers are slightly more likely to get win rates of at least 4+/6 rounds won per shuffle than a healer is.

So healers simply won’t be collecting the “big rating rewards” from shuffles as consistently as DPSers will, because healers can’t carry as much. Healers are also never on the same team, which means the DPS setups per shuffle just takes turns with each healer in a shuffle.
So healers tend to stick closer to a 50% win rate, since a DPSer is more likely to win more than half of the rounds, especially the likelihood of winning 6 rounds is more likely as a DPSer, which makes it as a consequence that both healers gets 3/6.

1 Like

Almost all of the problems in shuffle could be fixed if you guys just did actual pvp balance and changed the meta to not be a one shot mess.

People leave cause the game is bad. No one sits in queue 40 minutes only to then leave…

You keep avoiding the actual problem and instead try and punish players who can’t put up with your stupid balance. Same thing with healers, make the game fun and they’ll come on their own.

1 Like

That’s actually in the weekly tuning reset, and its glorious!

1 Like

Great initiative. It would be really fantastic if similar changes are implemented for Rated Battlegrounds as well.

When a player queues up in LFG, at present only the PvP iLvL and CR are displayed, but if apart from these, the MMR is also displayed, it would be great. The same should be displayed in a player’s own stat record as well for every character. That will help players align with teams of their MMR and skill levels more rather than RBG CR as such.

Please don’t ignore RBGs totally and bring in similar changes to RBGs as you are doing to Solo Shuffle.

Thanks

I’m even more convinced now that they need to remove interrupts from other healers or give priests an interrupt. It’s ridiculous. The other healers can just chase me constantly and stop me from casting while they can just freecast at will next to me without having to fear being stopped from casting themselves.

Hey blizzard Kazzak realm dont work good. Help us pls.
Like every action what you do in game loading 3-5 min. And its not only for me .
Like a lot of ppls said it in chat . Help Kazzak realm pls!!!

perhaps start banning people that tell others to end their lives because he lost 1 match of solo shuffle.

I don’t understand why wait for 10.0.5 for solo shuffle leaver fix?