Solo Shuffle Update - 6 January

It isn’t enough.

Well today I noticed that some can screw you over even harder now…
If you join a solo shuffle and if you dont have a positive w/l if someone afks you will LOSE rating!
If you play 3 games with a healer who is much worse than the other healer and he decides to afk your game will count as 0-3! and you will lose a ton of rating! You didnt even get to play with the other healer!
As yet again a very well thought out system by blizzard!

1 Like

you can literally cause yourself to be disconnected at will

Account-wide deserter for leaving solo shuffle affecting PvE and PvP starting from 30 min increasing to hours, days and week is the only real solution here imo

1 Like

and iq test before joining solo q will be good too if u fail it u get 30 min acc wide deserter ppc

In the meantime, all of the sudden Solo Shuffle rules of rating has changed. if you win 3 rounds, you dont lose or gain rating, anything below 3 wins is lowering the rating and anything above 3 wins improves it… So rating and MMR doesnt matter now, I get to play with ppl with 0 to 1.2k rating while being above 1.8k…

Pretty much every time I’ve had some DPS flame me for him dying it looks like this in details:

If they even use a CD at all before they die.

Are you that DPS?

Bad idea. People will just die fast or go afk.

Good changes.

But each week after reset for 3 weeks the queuing system has been broken.

Today my experience was:

• queue button does nothing
    -queue button says “someone in my party already queued”
    -queue button works but says the average time is 49 days
    -queue button works but gives no average time and queue never pops and last and worst:
    -queue button works, arena pops, game starts, booted to loading screen, lose 200 rating for no reason.

I’ve been turned from the biggest fan of SS to the reason I could cancel sub. I’m fed up.

Stop all this stupid stuff already.

Trying to cast
INTERRUPT
Trying to cast
INTERRUPT
Trying to cast
GRIP
Trying to cast
STUN
Trying to cast
STUN
Trying to cast
STUN
Trying to cast
INTERRUPT
Trying to cast
SOME OTHER THING THAT DOESN’T SHARE DR WITH EVERYTHING ELSE.
Trying to cast
INTERRUPT

Like, seriously. Let us play our characters. Not touching this mode once I’ve completed the mog set because this is the worst PvP I’ve ever played in any game.

1 Like

I don’t know what happened, but since Wednesday, the new patch, I experience waaay more leavers in shuffles than before, I am trying to play a new alt, but out of my 9 games only 2 ended properly and in 7 I had a leaver. Prior this patch, it wasn’t this bad

2 Likes

A little feedback on this feature about leavers. I just recently had a game with my first leaver after the update. The healer left near instantly after their teammate died, and with it, the round was not counted towards a WIN for me. My scoreboard had a count of 0 Rounds Won, despite winning that last round.

This was a little annoying, knowing I had even struck the killing blow, and then see the scoreboard showing 0 Rounds Won.

Hope this information can be of use, and have it so the game instantly registers the win after the killing blow is struck, and not after the next round starts (if that is what it does.)

If Blizzard improved matchmaking it could resolve both a portion of leavers and entice more healers to participate. I really enjoyed solo shuffle in Shadowlands but opted not to be a healer this time around due to healer matchmaking issues.

1. Healer issues. As a DD, solo shuffle gives you all combinations of setup to try and earn a round victory. But as a healer, you have 1x fixed enemy who’ll always be on the opposite side. If as a healer there is an extraordinary difference in matchmaking between your opponent and yourself, the game is scuffed by default.

It would be interesting to see statistics how many games are 6-3-3-3-3-0 with healers on two ends. My first game today most definitely was.

1. Matchmaking shouldn’t solely be based on rating or “matchmaking rating” but take item level into account. This is especially important to separate people who want to score victories or games in order to unlock great vaults and gear, and those who’d push for ratings. If the two mistakenly mix, frustration and leaving will occur.

Stone me for it, but this’ll be an anecdote of mine. But bear with me to understand the “other side” of the conversation.

I started PvP gearing this Friday, as work prevented me from doing content in DF before. Gotten the basic sets quite fast and bought a conquest piece to start solo shuffling with a pvp item level of 410. My goal is definitely not rating, but to score as many games as I can, and unlock great vault slots that help me catch up on conquest gear.

My first game I was matched with zero rated folks, scored a 6. Second game I matched with low rated folks, scored a 5. Next game I entered I found my teammates suddenly had 100k more HP than I had. Looked at actual ratings and found the answer.

https://i.gyazo.com/305136faf874cf6622a30b87d8d40c4a.png

Apparently, Blizzard believed I was such a good player I had a matchmaking rating of ~1600? At the time didn’t even know MMR existed, only figured out later.

Rather obviously I had no place there at all, neither did I want to be there, since at the time I still had two crafted pieces to replace with honour. Having ~100k HP less than everyone else made me prime target every single match and I was called names and got some nasty whispers.

However, it gets worse. There was a vast disbalance between the two healers (possibly due to a similar issue), which led me to actually score two rounds of victories. Which raised my rating to 800 and my matchmaking rating to 1700 (?). I think Blizzard’s calculation believed I was /so good/ winning two rounds with such a difference I deserved to be given an even bigger difference? Honestly, all I did was chicken around pillars with dispersion because I couldn’t do much more.

I had an exchange in whispers with one of the guys that sent me nasty whispers and he actually heard me out, apologised and we discussed the scuffed situation. Next shuffle I entered had me matched with people rated ~1700 and the disbalance was even worse. Still, won 1x round due to sheer blind luck and my MMR only decreased slightly.

At that point I figured I was pretty much someone that had a certain rating, belonged to that rating in gear, wanted nothing but fight around that bracket to unlock vault slots and perhaps score conquest, but was being thrown in with folks trying to push rating because my MMR was gynormous due to two lucky early victories (that I also don’t believe I won because I was some genius arena man, but because I was playing a sort-of meta class). Any SS I would enter would be a negative experience for both sides: I had no chance of scoring 4 or more victories (and progress quickly towards unlocking vaults) while my presence would throw the game for the rest as it would be a game of chasing a shadow priest around a pillar until either she or one of yours dies.

If I had a “Lower my MMR” or “Lower my rating” button, I would press it three times and be done with. The only way to do it, for now, is to join + leave, and accept the ratings reduction, or to bleed through matches where you have no place at all, risking that you’d actually score wins and just increase your MMR further. Everyone here demands to place the threat of account suspension over that too.

The solution is to count item level into MMR. Don’t want to bundle people who are gearing with people who’re pushing, and definitely don’t want to throw someone to high MMR just because they won their initial match or two matches. After “throwing” a bunch of games and losing repeatedly to get my MMR down to 1400 (already a victory for me) I “won” a game and now I’m set with two vaults for my first week of PvP.

Did I leave a match? Yes, absolutely - it isn’t good being targeted every single round, while being blasted with derogatory messages in whispers by people. But I don’t think I should have ever been matched with 1700s and 1800s people, because that throws the game for the both of us, and I’m sorry for everyone who saw me in their games and was robbed of a possible decent SS.

Is there any real other solution to that? Everyone’s supposed to start solo shuffling wearing honour-bought gear and perhaps a single conquest and some dragonbreaker pieces, that’s what the min iLvL is built around. Gearing through BGs opens no vaults, and sets you back further if you’ve started later into the season.

PS: Why did forums switch to my classic character above…

1 Like

PS #2 - I think this might be the MMR changes Blizzard implemented and the above I described. If you’ve got zero gear but lucky streak gets you above ~1500 matchmaking it really is scuffed for you. And it’s only going to get worse as more and more gear difference appears between fresh joiners and people who’ve kept up with the season re. vaults since the start.

I’m trying out resto druid instead of holy priest and holy… Resto druid needs a serious looking at. We have a ridiculous amount of CC, it’s not that the monk was that bad, it’s that they didn’t or couldn’t stop me from just toying with the monk healer while also keeping those on my team alive.

How many more months will it take for you lazy buffoons at Blizzard to just implement 2s double dps SS? You’re losing money because people don’t want to pay to sit in 30 min queues.

1 Like

No changes will encourage healers to play Solo Shuffle. The reason is simple. We play 6 games in Solo Shuffle. During this time, playing a normal 3vs3 queue, even winning every second game, we will be on the plus side. In addition, we play with people we have chosen ourselves and each time we play against other players. Meanwhile, in Solo Shuffle, we win 3 out of 6 games and lose rating or gain less than for winning 3 normal 3vs3 games. I would really like solo queue 2vs2 for dps only. Just like with skyrmish arenas.

1 Like

They need to massively nerf burst before that can happen. 2v2 skirmishes are a joke right now, we don’t need that in solo.

Blizzard if you want more healers to queue then give us gold for our effort.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.