#Soloque debate

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share the latest video where players like savix, stoopzz etc are doing healthy debate about an topic which affects alot of players.

Why We NEED Solo Queue | Future of WoW PvP w/ Savix, Stoopzz & Venruki

No wish to rant,downgrade or rage just keep an healthy enviroment where we can debate changes with could improve the game.

thanks blizzard for all the efforts and shout out to all you awesome people in game!

stay healthy,have a nice day and you rock!

5 Likes

Solo queue is a no-brainer, especially for rated bgs, but Blizzard won’t do anything. Basically because they are too lazy (have no budget, insert your own euphemism).

I didn’t watch the video but I hope Stoopz didn’t force his idea of “better” tinder-like LFG, because that won’t do a thing.

4 Likes

Nope, there was nothing healthy about the debate. Just 3 players who already advocated in favor of solo queue repeating their opinion. Would have been healthier if they invited players from different skill-levels, experiences and who have different opinions to the debate.

Besides, they talked about many more interesting subjects. Please don’t overshadow those. Solo queue + gear/power gap will still be crap. Solo queue + the current s+ tier specs will still lead to an endless amount of meta specs in the system. And what not. Fix e-v-e-r-y-thing.

People at all skill levels want solo queue. All it takes to see that is reading comments under videos / on these forums / on reddits.

The desire is universal.

No. The balance should be fixed, absolutely. But solo queue will not lead to an endless amount of meta specs. Meta specs will be higher in rating, on average, than non-meta specs. That’s the effect.

Agree the gear gap should be fixed as well, the current system is nuts.

2 Likes

So? I was only talking about the quality of the debate in the vid. There was literally nothing healthy about it.

That we all want it, is a different story.

Still leads to the same wall, just a bit higher up the ladder. The balance is at least as important.

2 Likes

Got it. We largely agree. Yes, everything should be fixed. Yes, it would be worth hearing from people at lower ratings or with no ratings at all.

2 Likes

10:55 didn’t expect that low iq thinking from Savix…No wonder he’s advocating for solo queue.He is stupid AF.

Now you have option to pick whom you want to play with.

In solo queue,you have no option to pick who you want to play with,because making check boxes who you want to play with is against what solo queue is supposed to be about.

If you had option to check classes you want to play with,that would net you 2 hours long queues.

Imagine picking setup ''warior,shadow priest,hpala,disc priest,fire mage,frost dk ‘’ etc… First,system would have to find people in your cr,then it would search for ilvl close to yours,then if everything goes smoothly,you get to play .

What about high rated players?Imagine their queues.

That is if one of your teammates isn’t boosted in 2’s,and ruins your game with his bought ilvl,or if one of your teammates suddenly has to go,and leave you in middle of the game without any worries he’s gonna get blacklisted because solo queue exists now

And billion other issues.

People are so blind with solo rated queue,they aren’t looking at the obvious consequences.

You think solo rated queue is gonna get you rating?No.

If you cant win in premade,with communications and target calling,what makes you think you can win without any of that?

People would be hardstuck at 1400 rating,and forums would be flooded with ‘‘i got afkers,leavers,leechers on my team’’

‘‘best of your spec gladiator rewards’’

Would bring only one thing and that is '…

Cdew,Mes and Trill on mains
Cdew,Mes and Trill on alts
Cdew,Mes and Trill on third alts
Cdew,Mes and Trill on fourth alts
Cdew,Mes and Trill on fifth alts

And so and so and so and so on…

We need cross faction queues first, 16:30 reset day, alliance, still not enough players for full brawl group…sad…should be players even for quest but, no…anyway random bg is with bonus honor for not enough players…

i think people are to worried about the how, instead there should just be the feature, if people don’t want to be overpwoered at lower mmr, they just need to get geared, which isn’t something rly hard to do in wow right now (talking pvp)

The only one with the low IQ is you.

There are already counter comps. Today, no matter what you play you will get counter comped - and there’s nothing you can do about it (except play the most extremely meta spec that has no counters, which doesn’t actually exist in reality).

And how’s that going to change anything related to being counter comped? It’s not like I can choose what other players are going to queue, what the matchmaker is going to match our team against, or how many counter comps my specs best comp has.

It’s against what Solo Queue is all about? Is it now? Or is that just your strawman?

It’s entirely possible to imagine a Solo Queue system where Blizzard manually/automatically disables certain terrible compositions from being matchmade, or allows players to opt out/in (upvote/downvote) certain specs (as teammates) as they queue.

Also, why would ilvl have to be a parameter for matchmaking? It obviously doesn’t have to be. Low ilvl players will naturally sort to low ratings (with other low geared players).

You’re literally just making up the worst possible iteration of Solo Queue so that you have something to attack.

What about high rated players? Imagine their current LFG wait times.

If anyone seriously believes that Solo Queue will make queues in other forms of WoW PvP longer they’re delusional.

The amount of new players joining (who will want to play with their friends in premade queue) will far outweigh the number of people who will stop playing premade in favour of only Solo Queue.

1. As if anyone cares they might get “blacklisted” in LFG.
  2. What, boosted in 2s? Ruining games with bought ilvl? What are you even on about? Maybe you should make sure your rants are at least coherent before you post them.

Yeah I think the only one who’s blind here is you. Either that or your ability to accurately judge the effect of systems is well… not very good.

This is just stupid. It’s like you’re actively trying to attack a strawman.

People don’t think they’ll gain tons of rating with Solo Queue - but they do think they’ll actually get to play games in a timely manner instead of playing Oribos track simulator.

Forums are already flooded with “LFG sucks, everyone just leaves, everyone’s lying, I have to carry every game because LFG sucks”.

People are already treating LFG as a (very bad) Solo Queue system.

PS: Unlike in premade, in Solo Queue the leavers, AFKers and leechers could actually be accurately punished.

Which is exactly the current R1 rewards we have today. Multi R1s / Tournament players on their mains + 99 alts + 99 boosts eating almost all the R1 spots.

Instead of making it a static “top 5 of each spec” make it a % and it could be applied just as well to the normal ladder as an improvement.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.