Solution to noobish WM behaviour

Reading this got me thinking…
World quests really get in the way of a good warmode experience, don’t they?
Because most players might just get these world quests over with and don’t bother grouping and by the time they’re done should they have struggled through a raid or two to the point where they just feel like doing something else entirely.

In my opinion, we need an entirely new set of WQ’s tailored specifically for warmode, with warmode/pvp related objectives and rewards (and maybe allow for raid grouping because that seems to be the warmode meta anyway)

That won’t fix everything, but if WQ objectives in warmode were pvp then well there’d be no real way around it and it would actually encourage players fight eachother at regions then move on eventually rather then just sticking around to grief the other side and prevent them from completing anything

There’s a mix of player types with different motivations in WM. I actually like that. The existing wqs are PvE reward to some players, and hunting grounds to others. That makes them a PvP objective that can be controlled for efficient killing. The pathways between wqs are good for 1v1. Bounties and air drops are fun random PvP objectives. Assault qs are just amped up wqs with a bit of conquest.

Opponent quality varies, that’s ok, even with PvP only rewards it would be no different. Look at random bgs.

As someone that mainly WPvPs, I’m happy enough with the current WM, a PvE+PvP game mode. But if Blizz want to go to the trouble of reworking WM to be PvP only, I’d play that!

It would be cool if they at least add an extra element to BfA zones, like a unifying weekly q that requires WM activity, or an additional random PvP objective along the lines of bounty/air drop.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.