Solution to noobish WM behaviour

I am from Twisting Nether (EU) server. This WM thing is making the game very annoying and frustrating. Blizzard forces you to turn on WM due the 10% extra rewards, wich at the end of the day, that 10% equals with 2-3 bonus quests.
Now the issue is, at least on Twisting Nether server( i dont know the situation on other servers) that the horde is constantly atacked by organized groups of alliance on important world quests locations (especially during invasions event). They gather in parties or even raids (most of time are raids) and stay 20-40 players on a wq location and kill any horde that comes near them. Nowadays, the concept of PvP turned into a PvR (player vs raid).
Now the ideea is that is quite frustrating and annoying to be killed by 10 players that are atacking you simultanously and after to consider it: funn. Beside the fact that you are forced to turn off WM so that you can finish the quest, both sides end with frustration: alliance doesnt have who to kill and theyr pvp raid is meaningless and horde looses the 10% reward bonus from wq.
I want to mention that the alliance, is honorless and very weak in pvp. I fighted 1v1 (sometimes even 1-2) in open world vs alliance and 90% of fights i won. The only situation when i am killed by the alliance is when 2-3 or more alliance players atack me. This is not a honorable kill or funn gameplay. But it seems that the alliance enjoys ganking lonely hordes and go 8 vs 1.
Also , horde is quite coward. They have WM on, but if they encounter a alliance raid, they either run and dont fight (sometimes watch from distance how you are ganked) or they go in main cities and cancel WM and come back. I asked my guildmembers many times to come and fight them, but they refused,stating that is booring and that they are always overwhelmed by the number of alliance, therefor they preffer to keep WM off.

What solution is tho this problem? I think i found one wich is very simple and i am sure that can be implemented in the game:
To add a location scanner on your character. What i mean? For example you go to do a wq. The wq location has a radius of 300 yards for example. Your own scanner, should scan the area, see how many horde and how many alliance are in that 300 yards radius and if you are outnumbered by a ratio of more than 2-1 to add a personnal buff that increases all your stats,depending on the number of alliance players in the area. So for example,at a ratio of 2 to 1 (2 alliance vs 1 horde), that horde to receive +50% to all stats (def,atack,haste,mastery,crit,etc). Ratio 3 to 1 to give +100% to all stats, 4 to 1 to give +150 to all stats, and so on.
This way, the lonely player (doesnt matter, horde or alliance), will enjoy the game, cant be ganked by 10 alliance and after they /spit on your corpse and has the chance to fight back. Also it gives the chance to the lonely player to finish his quest with the 10% bonus reward. Makes the oposite faction think twice if they atack you or not (you to be stronger than a raid boss) and discourages noobish and childiesh behaviour of ganking. Every one is happy.
Also, to avoid abuses : a lonely horde player goes in a important and crowded alliance location and kills all, there can also be implemented a first hit system. So for example, this buff to enable only if you are atacked in a outnumbered situation and to disable if you are the atacker. This also will make oposite faction think twice if they use AoE,therefor enabling your buffs. Basically you receive this buff, only if you are atacked by the oposite faction and you are outnumbered.

This mechanism, for sure can revive and revamp the WM system and bring enjoyment to the game,ballance and honor. I really would like a opinion of a gamemaster to see if this ideea can work or not and why.
Thank you.

6 Likes

It’s not a solo game. You can play solo, but it’s a multiplayer game. Why should it be made easier for a solo player to compete with an opposing group? It was their choice to solo. If outnumbered, there are plenty of player choices. Group up is the most obvious, or avoid the outnumbering opponents.

8 Likes

Remove all incentives, even the base 10% wq buff. No quests, unless both factions have then. Preferably, quests that punishes raid parties (no progress like some wqs). Make people work for getting the reward, and actually require some skill.

Also, I think that people who turn on war mode should be locked in war mode for x hours.

4 Likes

10% more rewards is mainly a compensation for people who like pvp. Sure some people take it as a motivation for those who don’t like pvp to try it, but if you find yourself losing more than you gain and you also don’t like pvp, what is the problem then? Just turn it off and stop complaining.

I also don’t like WQ areas being camped by raids, but you can usually avoid that unless they camp directly the fly point you fly to. Also people on general chat often report such situations.

Personal tip: If you insist on doing that WQ anyway, try to use LFG and find a group on different shard. That’s what I do to avoid heavy faction imbalances in WQ areas.

Anyway, removing the bonus won’t solve anything, it will only make those who turn it off happier. But the solution should be aimed at those who keep it on, that’s the audience of war mode.

6 Likes

Well, it seems that since Blizzard encourages alliance to turn on WM and also give them “prefferential rewards” for that, the concept of open world PvP turned into a “ganking” PvP, where alliance players build parties but most of times raids and camp important WQ locations or flypoints. Where is the funn in this? Do you feel proud as a alliance member to gank a newbie horde, 5 vs 1 ? Its is funny for you? Is it satisfying for you? Does it makes you feel that you do “true PvP”?
This type of childiesh behaviour should stop. But it seems that Blizzard encourages little kids to feel men.
And your argument: “to avoid gank, make group” is the most stupid and ridiculous one. I just explained above the reason why most of horde turn off WM and yet you insist talking crap. At least, did you haved pacience to read all? Or you just read the title and came with the answer?
If the game continues to go on this path, where devs dont listen people’s opinions (and i dont speak only about this topic), Blizzard will have serious issues in future, regarding subscriptions number

P.S. I really understand the alliance frustration: since Cataclism, your faction was unable to achieve any world first (thats almost 7 years), you are weak in PvP (arenas and battlegrounds), all day you complain about horde advantages, etc. You needed Blizzard’s freebies to get courage. No wonder you revenge like frustrated kids, by ganking and forming raids just to kill 1 unlucky horde player in a wq location. Its pathetic, especially when we think how much the alliance speaks about “honor”.

P.S. 2: untill last reset, this wednesday, since i hit lvl 120 i always haved WM on. I was doing every day WQ in Kul Tiras and barely i saw 1-2 alliance players with WM on /per day. Now since Blizzard offered you “candies”, you turned it on, all , like rats when they come to eat bones
 Where was the “proud” alliance members untill this reset? Busy trying to do world first at a mithyc key +5?

3 Likes

It is the exact same thing that horde is doing. It just depends on which shard you end up in.

It is the most obvious argument. Theres a plenty ways how to avoid your problem together with simply just turning wm off.
Blizzard is listening and making changes
thats why the buff for ali even came in. Do you realize that wm was basicaly hordemode free 10% for x months because there was ( and obviously still is, since buff went up this week) simply way more horde players.

Also this
wtf
u stated that u had pvp warmode on since launch. Did u felt like you are doing true pvp runnin around with zero resistance alone and with 10% bonus on top of that? If u wanna fo pvp you would be rather glad that more aliance players joining wm. But no 
you are just spoiled little triggered child that wannt everything for free.

:point_down:

Very mature dude.

4 Likes

Ion himself stated that the whole point of this sharding is for horde to be overwhelmed and to force them to turn WM off. Generally speaking, alliance players have much lower IQ than the horde players and they need benefits like welfare items every week, increased bonuses etc
 to even be slightly competitive. I’ve seen countless times, alliance raids attacking zuldazar port for that free item and getting wiped out by 10-15 hordies. Just goes to show you how bad those people are at the game. This most likely won’t stop. After they get welfare item, those losers will just turn off WM and wait for the reset to get it again. Just imagine being so bad at the game that you have to form raids to farm flying spots and get rewarded for it, 400ilvl (first week) and 385ilvl that can warforge/titanforge.

2 Likes

Ganking / corpse camping is unfortunate, but both factions are guilty of it.

I usually try to wpvp solo, but once the ganking starts, I start looking for a group, inviting other corpses to form a group, or log for 30min.

I remember ~10 horde camping a tortollan wq with 3 assassins. I must have died about 5 times before a group eventually formed to counter them.
Flight-point ganking is a dirty tactic (albeit sadistically amusing) but I’d rather see groups form to counter each other, that’s when wpvp is fun.

Surely you & your mates can defeat some low IQ welfare scroungers!?

6 Likes

:joy: ye your response is clear sign of that.

5 Likes

Insightful reply, i learned a lot from it. Also shouldn’t you be camping flying spots for the welfare gear and not replying to every post on the forum?

Or he can find a group of 9 more players, no? I personally see no reason Blizzard to encourage solo play in an MMO, by giving the outnumbered soloer a % bonus to stats or whatever. Communication and community is lacking enough, so to encourage solo play more. When I group for wpvp at least I exchange some words with people or can even find friends.

But the whole issue comes not from the current state of WM, but from what VaĂ«yn once described - non pvp-ers in wm. Hate to be armory police, but there are cases in which when I look at someone’s armory, see 5% pvp achievements (unless it’s a new account) it means to me the person is not a pvp-er. From there on, looking at their suggestions, I see a desire to turn wpvp into less wpvp than it is, so here it goes.

4 Likes

I’ve seen horde camping corpses few times since the start of BFA. But let’s say both faction do it equally, your low IQ faction gets gear for doing it. I’ve never seen alliance player wining 1vs2, and yet, that’s the daily routine for the horde players. Get ganked by alliance, and win. After getting humiliated like that and in fair 1vs1, you and similar to you go on forums and cry how horde ganks you when in reality it’s mostly alliance doing all the ganks and losing. ‘’ Surely you & your mates can defeat some low IQ welfare scroungers!?’’ Make a horde character, come to zuldazar and watch as 10 horde players wipe out 15+ alliance. There’s so much horde can do nowadays, specially when we’re getting sharded into 5:1 shards.

2 Likes

In a no rules game mode, all tactics are 100% legit :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I play both Horde and Alliance. I agree that both faction are guilty of ganking in groups. I have to say that the weeks that the Against Overwhelming Odds quest is active, playing as horde is horrific. The Alliance have a much better time of it during these weeks. They form large raids to just farm horde players at specific points.

Yes Horde players can form raids to counter it, but the incentive is nowhere near as powerful as that on the Alliance, so it is little surprise that more Alliance players choose to turn WM on and gank these places. I have done it myself on my alliance character, just to farm up the kills required for some free loot. I hate the mechanic, but its there so I may as well use it. Personally if I only played Alliance I would want this quest gone.

I am disappointed in the game if the desired outcome of this quest is that people turn off and don’t play a portion of the game. Especially a part that I enjoy playing.

On a side note, I have played both factions with WM on since launch. In my opinion the Horde now have way more to complain about than the Alliance ever did.

1 Like

Well, either i am blind or i dont know, but since i started using WM on untill today, i never saw a horde party or raid camping alliance flying locations or important wq locations (especially during invasions) in Kul Tiras or other places. Maby i am wrong, but taking in consideration that i do almost daily at least 50% of world quest in both continents, at least on my server i didnt saw this type of “truly noobish” behaviour from the horde.

Then Blizzard should make a mechanism where if you transfer your account from a server to another or create a new account, to tell you: “This server has 40% alliance and 60% horde.To ballance the factions, on this server you are allowed to create only alliance characters”. Also, to avoid taking in consideration innactive accounts or something, they should implement a feature where if you are innactive for x time, your character will be removed from that server and relocated in a ballanced server. There are solutions, but everyone cries instead to come with ideeas.

I turned on WM for the 10% rewards bonus from world quests. As i explained above, thoose 10% equals a few full bonus wq if done all. Another argument is that i am not a spoiled kid, as you said, because we as horde didnt received any freebies from Blizzard to turn on WM. You, the honorless alliance, received bonuses. Also, i didnt asked items, bonuses anything like that. I asked a counter measure to your pathetic and noobish alliance behaviour.

Well, i know its frustrating, but its the truth. You, the mighty alliance, are a incompetent bunch of noobs. You cant even do world second, not to mention world first. I understand that this brings a lot of frustrations. Thatswhy you revenge on lonely players trying to live theyr lives peacefully and doing wq. This is how you show us your might : 8 vs 1. Very honorable.

And this is how you find comunication interesting? Making a raid and ganking lonely players? Does it brings many topics in your discussions with your newly formed friends when you gank a 360 ilvl horde player?
Blizzard doesnt encourage solo-play. But you must take in consideration that this game is made for everyone: there are raiders( PvE), there are PvP players, there are pet collectors, etc. If i am a pet collector player, should be denied to myself access to all other game features that the game has to offer, just because i dont participate in PvP? wtf is this statement?

Blizzard implemented WM mechanism in the game, not the “non-pvp’ers”. So why a non-pvp players should be denied access to thoose 10% bonus reward, just because he has less achievments in PvP? Are you looking to yourself when you talk? Its like saying : “Ok, all vegetarians on the planet must be exterminated.The planet has a population majoritary carnivor eating people, therefor the vegetarians have no place in this planet,lets kill them all” . This game is not only for you, noob alliance cowards gankers. Its for everyone. That you must understand.

But are they honorable and moraly correct? You think is ok to camp with a full raid anothers faction location and kill lonely noobs?

Horrific is little said. Basically you cant do nothing. Everywhere you go as a horde, there are minim 5-10 alliance, camping that quest location or flypoint, ganking and killing you. This week was the first time since WM mechanism exist in game, when i turned it off. I couldnt do wq on both continents (horde or alliance), because on each wq location there where minim 5-10 alliance,camping that location and killing every horde they saw. They even haved the pacience to chase me half of map ,just to kill me.

Ofc that the incentive is nowhere near as powerful or motivating, because we get nothing. So basically, Blizzard forces us to form raids, to counter alliance atacks for free. We waste time, anger, frustration and we get nothing. Thatswhy during this quest, most of horde players preffer to keep WM off.

My opinion is that either Blizzard removes WM’s bonus rewards for everyone/removes permanently the “Agaisnt Overwhelming Odds” quest/ give this quest on both sides or they apply a defense mechanism for players ganked by noob raids. Otherwise, they will spoil the funn for many players and loose more subscribers. One of theese options Blizzard must choose soon.

:flushed:

slowly backs out of PvP-section with my 6% ((:sweat_smile:))

3 Likes

There are no rules in wm. You can make up rules about honor if you want. But those are your own rules.

Fyi, faction balance on a realm is not relevant to wm, since we don’t play wm on our realm, but on a faction balanced shard.

Players that turn on wm for reward are taking up the slot on a wm shard of a wpvper. Show em no mercy :slight_smile:

Edit: I don’t have much in the way of pvp achievs, I 99% only wpvp
 there should be a wm bar for progress in wpvp!

3 Likes

Yes. hard to believe I know, that I made friends. I join groups and we pvp together, getting hk’s and completing wpvp achievements. The achievements are there (like get # amount of honor in #zone), loot bounties, etc, so we play the game as it’s intended to be played by Blizzard.

No one denies you anything, but the intention is that this 10% - or whatever current - bonus has a price, that’s why it’s a bonus.
Non-participation in pvp means your viewpoint on things is different than of pvp-ers. That’s why you wonder why people enjoy it.

And you want to be taken seriously?

2 Likes

sadly true, there are no real rules in it and players actions when encountering another come down to many factors, like if they were in a bad mood, if they have a considerable advantage.

I do think people shouldnt gank raid and especialy not at flight points though but theres no rule against it.

Also WM is more casual pvp that at times can turn into big fights but other times be very scarce so achievements dont really matter in it
 well except for one feat of strength, you know the one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s not gonna be to everyone’s taste, but I love the no rules aspect. Anything can happen, lots of variables. What will happen, is what can happen. That’s what I look for in a pvp game mode.

My approach to wm is:

1. Show no mercy, kill em all! If it can be killed, kill it.
  2. If there’s a power vacuum, fill it! I love 1v1, but if it’s more efficient to kill in a group, form a group. If a particular spot has a good enemy flow, wipe it!
  3. If outnumbered and getting killed, retaliate, build a group until you outnumber. Or add em to kill on sight list, or do that anyway.

For both factions, it’s up to the enemy to retaliate, not up to the aggressors to go easy on em. That’s how I see it. But the very thing I like about wm, the open no rules aspect, is what leads to different expectations from different players. In an open system
 there is actually no wrong way to play war mode. :+1:

1 Like