SOM Transfers - UPDATE

Thank you, but i did nothing :see_no_evil:

It seems one of our 100.000 threads/comments has been read.

I would just have been nice, if they had told us, that they read it and passed it on

2 Likes

Dang, how you boys doing? Still stuck here? Sad times.

Well when does the Transfer Window close? Rather important information not being given here.

1 Like

We still don’t know. I am also checking the announcements every day, but as usual Blizzard are keeping their mouth shut :frowning:

Aye and it is problematic. One does not exactly want to miss out and still one has the chance to do things on the SoM servers that can be difficult at the new destination.

3 Likes

I also am still levelling a couple of characters and have a 60 as helper character. Would hate to miss the transfer deadline.
I personally assume realms are up until mid december at least, but got no facts at all to support that claim :slight_smile:

Have blizzard even said recently a date when SoM will be closed down?

It’s one year in a few days.

Still not a single word. Not even a Soon<tm>.

1 Like

I doubt that they will shut down the realms without notification.

During the realm murder, we had 2 month to choose a realm. Grandet, different situation, but without a blue post i would be really surprised if they just shut down the realms.

however, i would transfer “important” chars as soon as possible.

One of my chars arrived yesterday on Celebras via PCT, and my dwarf will arrive at Hydraxian Waterlords (Wrath) soon.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Oh good, that gives us several months to ask for a complete server list… :pleading_face: :roll_eyes:
At least we have a timeframe now, but still not a word on an update of the servers available for transfer.

2 Likes

For anyone still wondering about the state of things regarding missing Era servers for free transfers from SoM (e.g., Hydraxian Waterlords), I finally got an answer from a game master to the ticket I opened:

Free character transfered are offered to funnel players to certain realms to resolve population issues. They do not allow to choose from the full list of realms. Also the list of available realms can change with time. I’ve checked the list of available realms for free transfer on my own character that is located on Quel’Serrar and it matches the screenshot uploaded by you. Which means that this is the correct list that is available at this moment and is not a technical issue on your end. I’m afraid you will have to choose from this list of currently available realms if you wish to transfer your character from Quel’Serrar realm.

So yeah, sounds like they definitely don’t intend to add any other servers. I wouldn’t hold my breath for that “the list of available realms can change with time” part.

1 Like

Thanks.
I paused playing SoM waiting for something like this. Now I Just leave them there to “die” with the realms.
If my characters can’t go to Hydraxian Waterlords in Era, they won’t go at all.

PS. I won’t “like” your answer, as I do not like the contents, but I like that you GOT an ansver. Thanks.

… and this is typical haughty Blizz attitude. We know how you need to play to have fun - well … tell you a secret, Blizz - NO YOU DON’T!

2 Likes

Yes they do.

They pay people 5 time more what you earn just to study data on players behavior.

A. You do not know what I earn
B. really — then I seriously wonder how it is that Blizz every time they have a choice, selects the one to anger and irritate their players - and how they every.single.time seriously underestimates the interst in Classic (number of servers needed) - I believe they use this for Retail, but it sure backfires on Classic.

1 Like

I am a bit confused. it´s nothing else, than i wrote already :thinking:

To be fair: Most players WANT to move to either Wrath (and most of them to the most crowded realm available), and those who want to go to era, want to go to Pyrewood or Firemaw (it´s a problem that you already have 10 characters on Pyrewood…).

The amount of players who want to go to any other era realm, is probably tiny. And adding tons of realms no one wants to transfer to, is probably a waste of time and cause other issues.

There are not that many players left on era, and what i´ve heard from the (former) german realm clusters, is, that either not enough players for leveling dungeons/group content are available, or not enough new players for raids.
and then often the raids leave to Pyrewood/Firewmaw. Only few come back (i´ve heard there are some returnees to the Venoxis cluster, because they had issues with their english in raids and “not so pleasent encounters with other players”).

Those like us, who want to the most tiny realms available (in your case due to the player count, in mine because it´s our RP realm), are probably not many.

I used the paid transfer to Cele, and it did work… and i don´t regret it.
My other SoM chars (btw also on Quel´Serrar :slight_smile: ) will move to Hydraxian Waterlords (Wrath), as soon as they can learn riding.
Using the doubled xp and money bonus efficiantly smiles

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/california-data-analyst-salary-SRCH_IL.0,10_IS2280_KO11,23.htm

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Blizzard-Entertainment-Data-Analyst-Salaries-E24858_D_KO23,35.htm

You did, yes but this sounds a bit more like … decided, we do NOT open any more.

I do not want to go to Pyrewood at all - I only played SoM to go to HW!
I know what most people want - but exactly because of the Soul of Iron Buff and the hc community playing on HW, free transfer to HW Era should have been an option. It is yet another example of the 80/20 rule. And I almost always belong to the 20 part.
This is maybe the correct way to run a greengrocer, where the non-sold veggies just rot and get thrown out, but in a game, where pixels do not “rot”, you should go that extra step to please maybe 95 % of the player base instead of 80.

1 Like

What it is free transfer but bug stuck

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.