Some ideas that I think would benefit elemental in SL

These are some changes i think could be cool for elemental in Shadowlands. Granted it would most likely make it kinda OP, but the goal here is to create meaningful interactions between spells while keeping lava burst as the main focus of the rotation with earth shock and quake still being spenders, you just spend resources to weave it back into lava burst.

I do not have beta access and these ideas are based on what I’ve read and heard from other shamans who has played it and also around Blizzards own design goals

This is all suggestions more or less ignoring covenant abilities because i dont really know what to make of those.

-Bring back Maelstrom [note: It did not make sense for enhancement, but I feel that it works well as something that ties the elemental spec together.]

-Flame shock generates 1 maelstrom per tick, 2 on crit [note:

-Casting Earth shock increases the damage of your next lava burst by 25% [note: I feel that having Earth shock feed back into Lava Burst would assist in making sure that Lava Burst still feels like your main ability despite not being a spender while still making it feel worthwhile to spend your maelstrom.]

-Casting Earthquake buffs your next lava burst to deal 50% of its base damage to all targets within 8yds [note: This buff probably does not stack with the buff from Earth shock, but it could be cool if it did. The idea is to solidify lava burst as a spell you always want to use, even in a multi target scenario, relegating chain lightning and lightning bolt to be proper filler spells]

-Mastery now increases damage to shocks and earthquake by 50% of the chance to proc overload. (40% chance to proc overload increases shock and eq damage by 20%)[note: Currently it feels strange to me that our mastery only really interacts with half of the spells we cast]

-Ascendance now has 1.5 seconds cast time to activate, upon finishing the cast, send lava bursts to all targets affected by flame shock within range [note: I really like the concept of Ascendance, it just doesn’t feel very satisfying to press it, it’s a dead global. With this change something spectacular happens when you press it, making it feel powerful]

-Make Skyfury Totem baseline [note: This ability feels wasted being hidden away in the pvp talents section, it would be a powerful tool to allow elemental shamans to be more useful to the group and would make it so that you’d always consider bringing at least 1 elemental for this alone. Might need a number tuning to put it in line with DH magic debuff for example.]

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.