Some questions from a returning player

So I’ve been back on Azeroth and all the planets and alternative realities linked to it for roughly a month now (started my adventure with WoD, but had to left before Legion’s launch due to irl issues) and I’ve decided to keep playing my old main since I love dead chicks who can summon demonic chicks (don’t blame me for my twisted sense of beauty, I was beaten up as a toddler and I’m not quite right in the head).

I have a few questions though, because so much has been released before I started and after I left, and I’m quite a bit lost in all this stuff.

Disclaimer: I play an Undead (duh) Affliction Warlock, I’m mostly focused on PvE, but I’d like to try PvP at some times. I know that some or all of these questions could be answered by searching Wowhead and/or Wowpedia, but I’d like to interact a bit with the community, so here we are.

1. I’m currently trying to get my class armor and mount. I miss just three pieces for the former (shoulders, wrists, and hands), but I haven’t yet started the mount questline because I’m still finishing the Suramar questline. Will it take me much time to get that nice fel pony? Should I just focus on the armor and then forget the mount because now we have proto-drakes that can do aerials in the skies?

2. I noticed that a certain item changed the visuals of my Soulstone skill (it now has a green bubble hovering behind the target), are there more of these nice stuff?

3. Are the new looks for your pets hard and/or time consuming to get? I’m mostly interested in some recolor, and the Void Lord skin for my tanky friend.

4. Is it true that there will probably be some buff to Affli and Destro soon? I know right now Demo is the way to go to sit at the table with the cool DPS guys, but I really like Affli for my rotting internet gf. Is there place in endgame groups for DoT spamming girls?

5. I know absolutely nothing about PvP, so this will be a more generic question: how does it work? Is it worth to engage in? Are locks any good at it?

6. I recently got from the trader guy the Something Something Alluring set, but it just has items for head, shoulders, waist, and weapons. Will they ever release more pieces for it?

Thank you all for your time. There are probably more questions hiding in the deepest recesses of my brain, but it’s quite late here and I’m a bit sleepy. Thank you in advance for your answers, and see you out there in Azeroth (please don’t kill me if you see me around, my bones are fragile and I’m out of Gorilla Glue for some time)!

1. No, most are bought from inscription there is also a questline for imps which is about 1hr, others drop in various legacy content
  2. There already were buffs to affli and destro and didn’t change much. The only valid option in any sort of endgame right now (pvp and pve) is demonology.
  3. PVP is dominated by melee classes (by pvp i mean arenas, in unrated battlegrounds you can play a festive cantaloupe and it wouldn’t matter much), Warlock along with all other casters are just sitting in the corner pissing themselves. Out of three specs Demonology, again, is the only valid option
  4. Doubt it. The trade post sets usually contain 2-3 items and nothing more is released for them

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.