Something has to be done about the faction balance of realm populations

Faction/server-specific free migrations? Server merges? Something.

I’m currently on a PvP server with a 70/30 population in alliances favor. That’s all fine & dandy now in classic, but quite a lot of people are worried about the game state when we’re all packed in the Outlands. Such servers would most likely see individual players and guilds alike migrating to other realms with more balanced population, which could make the situation ever worse, essentially ending up in more Flamelash-situations we’ve already seen.

And looking at the population on various classic (PvP) realms, this surely is happening a lot throughout the servers, on both factions.

3 Likes

Yes, faction imbalance is happening on lot of servers. Imo, problem is players in general dont actually want balanced servers which is main reason why imbalanced servers exist.

1 Like

It’s the real Classic experience. Vanilla was also heavily Alliance favored, but then come TBC, a lot of migration to horde happened (though maybe not as much now with Alliance paladins getting seal of blood). There was also a lot of migration from PVP realms to normal realms with TBC, because of the world PVP situation and people getting fed up of it.

Easy fix for this problem is to make all server with low population on horde or ally side to become pve server. So can people that like to pvp get a free transfer to a server with 50/50 population. I bet most people would like to get a chance to play the game and not just be ganked 24/7 from the 70 to 80% of the other faction player base…

Nobody in their right mind will move from a PvP realm they are favored. So 70A/30H can only change to 100A/0H.

Alliance rerolling Horde on Horde dominated PvP realms or moving to PvE realms for TBC. Both faction pala seals helps a bit but I doubt it will keep the current Alliance levels.

Aside of faction ratios ganking is a thing because there is 2-4x the amount of players on a realm than back then. Classic had lots of zones but phase 2 still happened. TBC has a limited amount of zones so phase 2 will always be there (and layering).

who would likely go and play on unbalanced pvp or pve servers? I can only see pve’ers doing this to get most benefit from pve and completely ignoring pvp.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.