Sots is interrupts heaven (or hell)

So I run a Pala tank, and am expected to interrupt most of the time. Fair game. Last week, teeming and all, I ran a +13 key and when I finished the rather exhausting run, I checked details.

I had 135 interrupts. In one single run. I like interrupts and I take pride in interrupting just about everything. But this is a bit too much IMO.

Were the rest of your group also doing their share?

Second was a rogue, 30 or so. Aggregate was close to 200 interrupts.

Remember that protpally can interupt much more often ;p

1 Like

Oh yes… I love Demo lock myself but apart from the Felguard stun I got nothing… so avoid that place :frowning:

Such a stupid design… why should I run with fel pup when my spec is all about felguard lol

Well, Avenger’s Shield is rotational, so delaying it for 5-6 seconds just to be able to interrupt is not very fun.

2 Likes

Umm… on certain mobs delaying AS for interupting 150k shadow bolt is much more valuable than proccing that 9k absorb shield ;p

Of course it’s more important, I was arguing that it’s disrupting the normal rotation.

1 Like

On the other hand, Grand Crusader procs so often that unless it’s just one caster mob you’re tanking, you shoot the shield on every global :smile:

Interrupt counts reported by a damage meter can be misleading though - it doesn’t account for interrupts by stuns and other CC that isn’t straight up interrupt, lot of them which are AoE and can also interrupt otherwise uninterruptable casts.

My friend ran a sots12 yesterday and the group leader didnt want to run with 2 hunters because of interrupting issues, this far quite understandable, and then he decided to bring a boomie instead. They did not have fun on 2nd boss.

Honestly, If were talking about the last boss mind bender, its fine. you have a lot of time to interrupt those. what’s really not fine is the caster mending spell going of too often and healing every mob around them for 50%

i agree there’s way too much of interrupts needed

But here’s a tip,
before you start the run, always arrange an interrupt rotation for the second boss(slicing blast), the trash after it(unending Darkness). and lord storm song as well(void bolt).

1 Like

Problem with being in team with prot pala - sometimes other people over interrupts or miss theirs. That shield proc is insane :grinning:

You can interrupt far more than any player as a protection paladin, if we run with a pala tank we let them take the bulk of the interrupts and he calls if he can’t get one. It’s just sensible.

No, I’m not complaining about interrupting. I like it and in fact it’s a rather cool thing to have in our toolkit. I’m trying to point out that the sheer number of interrupts is, frankly, absurd in a single run. My opinion only of course.

2 Likes

Imagine thinking that you need to delay Avenger’s Shield to interrupt in SotS on a Teeming week. :rofl:

Only thing you need to do is spam Tab and mash you AS button and you’re bound to hit something.

Some of it comes down to simply interrupting for the sake of interrupting something and interrupting meaningful things. If you’re throwing AS on CD then you’re often bound to hit even meaningless spells that rarely threaten the group.
On this mage i’m usually running with a prot pala and outlaw rogue, so my interrupt counter tends to be even lower as i save mine for when strictly necessary.

Granted, SotS is heavy on caster mobs and some that do require a bit of a rotation to keep in check, including the 2nd boss.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.