Sound Bug (only on DK's)

Periodically, I get a “radio static” sound play but only when I play a DK. I’ve tried the usual, Update drivers, check settings, check file integrity, re-install WoW fresh.
The only thing that get’s rid of it is to disable sound effects entirely (obviously)

I believe it happens when two certain sounds overlap. Again this is only when I play a DK, I’ve made other DK’s and it still occurs. This happens on live and on Alpha/Beta. This only happens IN combat.

Any more suggestions would be great.

2 Likes

Check in your Audio Control settings if your audiocard Default Format is set to
16-24bits
44.1khz or 48khz
in the Advanced tab

Try changing the format to see if that makes any difference. You can get weird audio glitches if it’s set too high like 32 bits 192khz.

Check your Audio settings in game and try to change the Audio settings:
Sound channels: High (64)
Sound cache: Large (128mb)

In some cases it can help to select your Audio device as default.

Thank you for your reply!

I’ve double checked these settings and experimented by changing some of them and testing, unfortunately I’m still getting the sound glitch.

I did also notice this sound bug happened last night when I was playing my Paladin, However it’s a lot more frequent on a DK.

It almost sounds like a small sound tear, Like a crackle that lasts 0.2s. Very annoying to keep playing with.

Hello!

Turning off reverb might work around the problem. To try to fix it:

1. Ingame, press escape.
  2. System
  3. Sound
  4. Set Game Sound Output to System default

If the issue is still present:

1. In windows, go to start
  2. Search for CMD
  3. Right click CMD.exe
  4. Run as admin
  5. Enter the command: SFC / SCANNOW and press enter

Update your sound drivers:

Scan and repair the game files:

Hello Rejuvithorn! Thank you for your reply.

The problem still occurs with sound set to System Default.
The Scan+repair says no repair required. I’ve tried a fresh re-install
Intel say my drivers are up to date.

Here is a Twitch clip of the sound bug, It occurs around 1/2 way through the clip, Just so you get an idea of what I’m experiencing.

I also tried the CMD command, However I wasn’t sure what to do after that.
As previously mentioned this has occured for a few months now and is on Live and Beta.

I should also add, oddly, this only happens for me when I play a Death Knight or I’m in a group/Raid with one. Atleast, I’m 99% sure this is the case.

Many thanks for taking the time to help.

I’ve just spent a lot of time hitting mobs, It frequently happens on my Death knight.
I spent an equal amount of time on my Paladin, it did not happen once.

Surely this has to be a bugged game file somewhere?
As mentioned I’ve tried a fresh re-install etc but is there anything else I can try?

Hello,

i have the same bug, only on my DK too.
It only occurs on my G935 headphones
Any solution yet?

Have you tried turning off reverb and distance filtering in game?

yes, doesn’t help :frowning:

Hey there I had the same issue.
I´m using a Sound BlasterX 5G (sound card) and changing 7.1 into Stereo solved it for me.

I’ve got the same issue.

Same on my side:
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix z370-f with SupremeFX.
Latest Realtek driver (6.0.8746.1).
Sound format: 24bit 48kHz
Speaker config: Stereo
Amplify level: Performance

Hey got the exactly same bug on my dk aswell.

there is no point posting its akways ur fault

Same on my side.
Logitech: G533
@Rejuvithorn tried youre steps. It hasn´t fixed the problem.

The Sound bug only appears on the DK, and thats game breaking for me becuase its very annoing

Same here, random radio static but only with a DK in the group.

Same here, only happens in combat. I’m a DK as well, updated all of my drivers but did not find a solution…

I had same sound issues when playing dk, when playing mage didnt have any.
I turned Windows Spatial sound off and glitches are gone, i used Dolby Atmos for headphones settings and i think that was my cause for sound glitches.

Same Issue with that Soundcard Soundblaster xG5
Anyone fixed it for now?

I’m having the same issue on my DK. I’ve been banging my head against the wall trying to fix this. So happy to see there are others with the same issue. I have the Logitech G Pro X Wireless. This only happens when I play WoW, and only on my DK. Can listen to music full blast without issues. Using the onboard windows sound drivers and they are up to date.
In the Sound properties of my headset I’ve even trued reducing the sample frequence and bit depth to CD or FM quality, no solution.