Sound static problem

Hello,

I’ve seen multiple forums threads and other posts about this issue that seems to have existed for a long time and is only experienced by a small portion of the playerbase.

Whenever i load up WoW i get feedback through my external speakers. Speakers are two Rokit KRK 5’s which connect the the computer via an M-TRACK audio hub (usb). The feedback is not affected by the volume of either the M-track audio interface or the windows / ingame audio options. It is only stopped by tabbing out of the game.

I’ve seen some solutions suggesting that i should change my playback quality in the windows settings - this has no effect. I’ve seen some solutions suggesting to enable v-sync - this has no effect. I’ve also seen some people stating this is not a WoW problem however this feedback ONLY occurs when I open WoW. I have had the exact same setup for years and i remember having this audio feedback a few months ago when i played wow. I started my subscription today after not playing for a few months and instantly recognised the oh-so-familiar static feedback that i only hear when playing this game. I accept the feedback may be caused by conflict with another software or driver, but this problem, as far as i’ve experienced in the past 4+ years, is exclusive to the WoW client.

Has anyone found any solutions to this. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

There is nothing particularly special about the way WoW produces audio-output, so from what is described here I’d have to guess there is some form of external post-processing effect going on that is causing the static/feedback.

I’d probably begin with looking into any and all installed software that interacts with the audio-environment, e.g. visualization tools like Nahimic and similar, and eliminate them one by one. There is a pretty fair chance that this will eventually reveal the “culprit”. :slight_smile: