Sound Stopped Working

Greeting’s

I use a Turtle Beach external sound card, it’s worked with World of warcraft for a couple of years just fine.

Today it wont work with World of Warcraft and ONLY world of warcraft.

I have tired selecting from the in game drop down both “Default” and “Turtle Beach Game” no sound.

Sound works just fine in any other game, web page, YouTube, you name it works fine JUST World Of Warcraft stopped working and only after 8.2 update.

I have deleted my WTF folder still the problem persists.

Please help I can’t use Discord without my headset.

Hey Tindydkx,

Have you tried switching to a different USB port?

Is Discord having trouble as well, or is this isolated to World of Warcraft?

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

Have you perhaps accidentally muted sounds?

CTRL+S mutes game sounds
CTRL+M mutes game music

(Unless you have changed your default keybinds on these keys)

Thanks for the fast reply.

Sound’s not muted no it works through my normal speakers (Internal Sound card).
Sound doesn’t work when #i use my headset that has an external sound card, via USB.

However the USB external sound card works just fine with everything and anything other than Warcraft and even has worked with Warcraft fine for ever until 8.2 hit.

Also tried USB 2-3 and 3.a ports, updated my mother board drivers, the fact sound is fine in every other application or use other than WoW, it’s got to be a WoW issue??

(Including Discord working fine with the USB external, everything works except Warcraft).

It makes no sense at all.

Thanks for checking that Tinydkx,

Bit of an odd request, but could you try switching to a different Graphics API in the Advanced Graphics settings and see if that makes a difference?

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

Way ahead of you, forgot to mention I tried DX11 instead of the normal DX 12.

Same result I am afraid.

Hey anymore on this problem? I still cant use my headset, makes mythic raiding kinda hard.???