Speculation cosmic forces - spoilers 9.1

Hello everyone,

So we begin to have a few hints about a 7th cosmic force in patch 9.1.
I have a theory on this. I don’t know if someone already talked about it, but I strongly believe this force is Design. We know all 6 other forces are balanced (Life/Death, Order/Disorder, Light/Shadow)., and Design would be the opposition of Fate and Chance. The attendants keep talking about the Purpose, which would be the Fate side, and their Chance counterparts would be the Brokers. We even have a character who says when we arrive in Korthia something like “I don’t know if it’s chance or fate that brought you here, or both”. Design may be a force that pierces the plan of the 6 other forces (and thus creates a 3 dimension cosmic illustration rather than a 2 dimensions one). Does make sense to you ?

Actually, if that’s the case, I admit I’d be kind of pissed, because I’m a fantasy writer and that cosmic force was something buried in my world-building, supposed to be the final thing to be revealed in 3 book trilogies (like 3/4 years) : Blizzard exploring this idea would immediatly make my work fall into plagiarism. So please prove me wrong :sweat_smile: :sob:

Anyway, what do you think ?

1 Like

7th force is fate/destiny in my opinion, as there are fatescribers in oribos and they seem to be somewhat centered about prophecies and fate. Also oribos was made by first ones it is city of True Gods. Ouroboros snake eating its own tail. Everything was written, every path taken, thus destiny.

1 Like

is Time a cosmetic force ? becourse Time effects all forces. if u stop the time all the cosmetic forces stops aswell. There is even a saying what goes he who controls time controls the world.

2 Likes

I thought of that too. There’s been a lot about Aman’Thul being master of Time, Bronze Dragonflight and all, which would hint that Time is a force of Order and not an entire cosmic force (which would be quite disappointing, because as you say, Time affects all in a primordial matter).

Time wouldnt/shouldnt stop the void. Perfect nothingness - and that’s what void is supposed to strive for - can only “exist” (I know, it’s a paradox) if there is no time and space.

I like the op’s idea of design as a last force. Might aswell be that Purpose they talk so much about is that what you called design. After all those two have similar meanings. Though regardless how you name it, it sounds a bit to familiar to order.

1 Like

I think its time as well, its been somewhat hinted at and lets face it, if you control time you can control everything else. For example you could freeze time and keep everything just the way it is. You could also go back in time to prevent future actions from happening and you can go forward in time to change the future.

The issue here is how Blizzard would implement the control of time. We see it somewhat with the Dragonflight and even Chromie time, but we have not really manipulated time. So would undoing actions that led us up to Shadowlands alter Azeroth for the better or for the worse?

It depends how Blizzard applies time and the void and if they apply real life physics here. For example while the void is nothing, based on the real life laws of physics, time can exist in a vaccum.

In WOW that vaccum would be the void as it is nothing. So it means while time does not mean anything and cannot do anything in the void, it can and does exist. So we could be in a situation where we have to figure out to make time mean something in the void aka define time, which could lead up to an expansion where we go into the void.

I’d wager that the 7th power is the power of creation.

The Titans don’t really make things, they just shape them in their orderly fashion.

The Void consumers what is already created.

Life makes creation more abundant.

Fel stirs the soup of creation.

Death keeps life’s abundance in check.

The Light preserves creation.

And Diablo kind of paved the way with the Worldstone and its power over creation.
There’s usually some overlap in Blizzard’s franchises and their world building.

2 Likes

Or maybe another crazy idea 6 forces combined create 7th, theese fractals, all this knowledge beyound even that of brokers most inteligent scholars. This can be a pattern/blueprint of reality, not just for one universe but all of it. It is crazy because it puts first one far beyound anything, truly transcendant entities that cannot be understood by mortals or “gods” alike. To put it simply how powerfull first ones actualy are, for them not even jailer is real,not even existence, nothing, they see it as me and you would see painting on the wall, and they are the painters, artists etc, it ofc does not mean they are flawless or truly omnipotent but that does not matter they are so above our planes of reality/understanding that they might as well be. And why their relic reacts to us? Perhaps we as heroes in the lore are their incarnations they took upon to examine their creation, to undertand it, to fix it. Have you ever wonder why we always win? We never die, destiny , time, is always on our side? We are The first ones in flesh, that is why we are so special.

1 Like

From the market stuff I too believe the Brokers are part of the 7th force. They have been too much in the spotlight and their magic seems of the same kind.

I am not sure I agree with the “Design” definition as it would be too close to order.

1 Like

How about we just don’t explain all there is to know about the cosmos and the forces in it, and stick to explaining what different people within the cosmos believe to be true? I don’t see what’s interesting about this cosmic forces stuff, except for the conflicts and discoveries it might create. And always knowing who is right is nothing more than a spoiler.

Let’s just keep different theories out there, have different NPC scholar’s provide different ideas, and find some stuff that points more in one direction than others. Make it a real mystery that is never ever offered to us on a silver platter.

1 Like

Blizzard abandoned that kind of writing long ago during Cataclysm where they went so heavy in explaining stuff and state what they wanted to do that they had to retcon a lot of that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.