Spellsteal tries to steal unstealable buffs?

For example, trying to steal a frost mage’s Ice Barrier; you should get the buff with a maximum of four casts but sometimes you do not get it all no matter how much you spam it.

I suspect that Spellsteal attempts to steal buffs that you cannot steal at all, for example Frost Armor and Frost Ward. This kind of randomness discourages the usage of the spell because you end up hurting yourself more with mana costs than you stand to gain from using the spell. The spell should skip entirely stuff that it cannot steal.

Also with other classes like paladins, you would need to get the Blessing of Freedom in order to have any chances for survival, but what you end up getting are some paladin melee buffs. Is Paladin melee buff a spell or an effect?

All in all it is a useful spell but the randomness is making the spell too unreliable. In PvP you rarely have time or the mana to run around for 5 seconds spamming Spellsteal lottery in hopes of getting the one thing you need in that situation.

2 Likes

You’re wrong

You can spellsteal frost ward

It does

1 Like

How do you know?

I play the game

7 Likes

The only buff unstealable in the game is ret seal if he talented it. Spellsteal/dispel will try remove it but it got 100% dispel resistance.

All other buffs are stealable/dispellable. It will not try steal buffs that aren’t magic.

1 Like

Very concinving, I am convinced now!

How do you explain the spellsteal not working on the mage ice barrier?

quite a few bugs and wierd interections between talents that reduce chance to be hit/resist chance, maybe ur spellsteal is getting resisted or missing?

I doubt it missed. Just stole nothing with bunch of casts, which is why suspect that it’s bugged and the steal lands on something that it cannot steal.

Didn’t they base a tanking thing based on spellsteal in TBC?

It doesn’t try to steal something you can’t steal. It sounds more like the resist bug going around.

Just like a lot of your threads Beyondo, complains based on nothing. You’re just a verbose version of Innerskky.

2 Likes

I have dispelled ice barrier many times. Resists are a thing.

Duel a mage. Have him use ice barrier. Press spellsteal a good 300 times. If it never gets stolen it is bugged in some way.

purging things on enemies seems to have a way higher chance of working than dispelling things on myself or allies, kinda sus

Depends on the spell. Some debuffs have heavy dispel resistance due to talents. One example is entangling roots and insect swarm from druids. Since they are nature spells they work with the talent that increases dispel resistance. Even if they are offensive spells.

Overall dispel resist seems really wacky overall. Having to mass dispel 4 times to get rid of ret bubble is a feels bad on the mana.

I have improved frost ward. What may have happened that my improved frost ward prevented the steal from happening because it attempted to replace my talented frost ward with the other mages untalented frost ward. You cannot override a more powerful version of a spell with a weaker one. Thus the spellsteal could have landed on the frost ward repeatedly and not stealing the ice barrier.

It’s just broken like s**t ton of other stuff, especially resilence.

[source needed]

Many effects like rogue poison etc has resistance against being dispelled via talents.
Kinda… Explained? Not very sussy.

Narcind never post sources but expect other people post sources.

Berny does not approve.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.