Spirit beast specialization

I don’t know if it’s just me. But I see no logical reason as to why every single spirit beast are classified as tenacity.

Bears, turtles and the like are tenacity. Arcturis is a spirit beast bear, making him tenacity makes sense.

Loque’nahak, Gondria, Hati should follow their kin and be ferocity.

Adding different specializations to spirit beats will make Beastmaster have a niché. I mean, wasn’t that the whole point of reworking all warlock specs, redoing survival? To give each spec their flair?

When have you last seen a beastmaster use spirit beats for pvp or high end pve content?

But if there were cunning spirit beats, tenacity and ferocity. We could use spirit beasts for pvp, pve and simple questing. Spirit beasts would then be able to fill every role and give Beastmaster the flair.

Before anyone says “But they can tame exotics”. Sure they can. But there is very little difference between having a Devilsaur and a bat. Both have heroism, both are ferocity and they bring nothing outside of that. Sure their special abilities are different. But heroism can’t be used in arena, where the mortal wound would make sense and in pve, you’d might as well use the bat since it’s special ability would actually give you a second dispell in m+.

2 Likes

The best BM pet atm is clefthoof.
It’s the best tank and dps pet. People have been complaining about this for ages.

But for now ya just gotta wait for them to eventually return optional pet specs, or shuffle up what pet is what.
In my honest opinion, exotic pets should be scrapped, let everyone have everything except SB which are exclusive to BM and give BM pets just an extra skill for all of them.

I’m still amazed that horses are ferocity.

1 Like

But making SB exclusive to BM doesn’t make SB worth it. The issue is, they’re not worth using unless you’re doing solo content. You’d never bring a tenacity pet to a dungeon or raid. There in lies the issue with SB.

Logically, there is no reasoning behind why every SB should be tenacity, besides “easy game design”.

That’s why I said return optional specs.
Making SB any better than the others will just make SB mandatory, and you go back to the original problem of some pets just being trash in comparison.

Devilsaurs are Ferocity. Undead Devilsaurs are Ferocity.
Raptors are Cunning. Undead Raptors are Cunning.

They can apparently make meaningful distinctions with what the Beast actually IS in some cases. There is not a single class of Beasts called “Undead”, which they in theory “should” have done.

I see no reason not to be able to do the same with Spirit Beasts, honestly. Same with Mechanicals. I see no reason why a Robot Gorilla or Cat shouldn’t be Ferocity.

Yes, the spec switching of Pets was a gift from God. And they went and f’ed it up.

100% Agree. But to be honest, they should have had it like it used to be. That we can put any pet into whatever role we want. Mean we even have that “tab” still in spellbook. How do we break the game with pick pet we want to be “Ferocity” when it is normally “Tenacity”.

Makes no sense. I also want Blink Strike back, and teleport on pets when they far away from me.
I have so many pets I rather have with me as “Beast-mastery Spec”. However they just remain in stable as I prefer to have a pet with Ferocity, in other words, my pets that I love the most (of their looks) are 99% in the stable, to be honest 100%. I never do anything without pet with Ferocity…

Sometimes I get fast to a boss and pets so far behind that it takes shorter time to dismiss them and summon them back rather then wait for them to catch-up. As well they get STUCK a lot, that is even more annoying, they can be literally 1 millimeter away from you, but stuck in a stone so they can’t attack what you attack, so you need dismiss and summon them. Make Hunter pets better PLEASE!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.