*SPOILER* New Love Is in the Air Patch/Trading Post 10.2.5

I am not delusional. Why do you always have to barge into threads like a rabid animal with this spearheaded hostility?

I am just saying that the game focus has certainly taken a sharp turn to the left, so to speak, reflecting a liking for playing with dolls, which appeals to some.

And then I’ve alluded to that not being entirely without consequences for the game’s direction.

1 Like

Since transmog was introduced we’ve been playing ‘dress up dolls’ as some seem to put it. I don’t see it that way myself, but being able to choose how you look whether it’s a skimpy barbarian armour look or a fully covered full armour set is down to personal preference. Wanting to have matching gear to suit that person’s fantasy is great IMO. If someone wants to look silly, let them. What is wrong with fun.

I have my little list of people that I respect and don’t, for example I respect ishayo and punyelf and don’t respect you.

You don’t know what’s game focus, because you think that having silly transmog is somehow changes wow’s course, while we having love rockets and tuxedo since forever, wont even start on game not having one united fashion course and NPCs aesthetics being very disjointed
You are also TBC story fan, instant signal of someone being delusional

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it’s been an on or off approach, but more of a slippery slide as Blizzard have loosened restrictions and increased the visual variety of appearances offered.

I will still hold that it has consequences because it’s a multiplayer game that does try to present itself as the Warcraft universe, so the individual player has to tolerate that other players have the ability to affect how this Warcraft world looks, through customizing their own characters.

It’s up to Blizzard to put restrictions on that customization so the game preserves the feeling of Warcraft.

But those restrictions seem to slipping more and more as Blizzard gives in to the whims of people wanting more creative freedom.

The consequence of course being that it dilutes the visual feeling of Warcraft for those who want that, when people around them look like anything but medieval fantasy characters.

If you don’t respect me, you don’t get to converse with me.

I have a list as well of people I don’t talk to.

To be honest transmog is one of the few reasons I keep my sub going. if it was suddenly to be removed I’d quit the second it was removed.

You can always sway me with words and arguments.
Ah, nah, you can’t, all you can is rant about semantics and abstract concepts about wow’s course or “sense of adventure”, talk about missing point and having unproductive babbling

But you don’t understand, being concerned about your chars looks removes “adventure” from Warcraft!!1
Dae Ion its not TRANSMOGcraft it’s WARcraft

1 Like

Right. And that’s probably a big motivation for why Blizzard pursues this focus. Lots of players want it. It keeps them subscribed for the Trading Post additions. It makes them potential customers on the Online Store. It’s just good business. Games that offer visual customization can earn a lot more money than games that don’t. So consequently almost all games have it these days.

Usually yes. But with stuff like that ‘Love Witch’ transmog, I just don’t agree.
It’s so far off WoW’s general type of aesthetic that it actively ruins things for me if I’m going to see people wearing it.

It’s like throwing a character model from Minecraft into the game. It just doesn’t fit into this world and setting. At all.

I have no interest in talking to you, and this will be my final reply to you.

I am not short on people to converse with on this forum, so it’s without consequence to permanently ignore an individual.

I’ve done that with other annoying posters, and I find it to be an excellent solution to the insufferable hostility and aggression of some posters.

Simply pretend they don’t exist.

Someone might say that many things that were introduced into warcraft’s style in wotlk-cata don’t fit into generalized Warcraft aesthetics too.
Reasons? To give, people options for joke mogs, of course those types of mogs will be minority, its not FFXIV where half nude catgirls are norm

I don’t like them.
Just like I don’t like joke character names either.

Ah well…
The thing I’m fearful of is that this might lead to more of these types of transmog.
I don’t want this game to resemble FFXIV in any way, shape or form.

They are here since forever tho, people scrapped joke mogs from everything they could find.
We wont ever get to ffxiv levels, its just not what blizzard has in priority, because SE’s huge amounts of dev resources were allocated into providing large amounts of fashion, for wow its an afterthought.
Also wow has different vibe to its visuals, we don’t have this amount of sexually attractive player models.
But would my raid team probably use these magical girl sets at first opportunity? Yes, but I’ll stick to my nighthold tier tho

What I find peculiar is that despite Blizzard offering so much opportunity for people to “troll” and create silly-looking characters, most people do actually stick to something they think others will see as cool-looking. Ergo players seem to care a lot about how others perceive them. Vanity, right?

It’s that early fear people had in other games with the boob slider, that players would abuse the customization to do silly stuff for a laugh at the game’s expense.
But people didnt really do that.

Likewise in WoW, the customization - despite offering such a wider spectrum of appearances - still revolves so much around what’s cool and recognized in the eyes of others.

Mounts are perhaps the best example. There are hundreds, yet people very much conform to the same small selection of cool-looking and rare mounts.

Players want recognition in the eyes of others.

I remember how we looked during TBC. I mean we were all clowns with the mishmash of colour schemes.

1 Like

That’s true for many players, yes.

(Even though that’s never been the motivation for my mogs and mounts:
I make looks that I think are cool. If someone agrees; cool. If they don’t: Couldn’t care less. :smiling_face:).

Anyway, I just hope that there are not many people who think this kind of set is ‘cool’.
So that it won’t become a regular sight in WoW to see such things.

Ugh, yes. I don’t know how we survived years of such depravity!
Transmog is probably one of THE best things added to the game.

Until we arrived at this abomination of a set. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I think it’s that slippery slope again.

Not everyone will think these love sets are cool and use them, but some will.

Then there’ll be the lunar holiday and not everyone will think the new lunar sets are cool, but some will.

And so it continues. There’s a constant erosion over time.

Not everyone likes the bunny costume, but some do.
Not everyone likes the beaver costume, but some do.
Not everyone likes the squirrel costume, but some do.
And eventually you wonder why everyone in your world war II shooter are dressed up like cute animals.
Everyone eventually finds their own favorite costume.

1 Like

I want murloc mascot suit NOW lowtiergod.gif

1 Like

omg yes we really do!

1 Like

I personally wouldn’t wear it, but at least that fits the setting. So you have my vote. :crazy_face: