[Spoilers?] Gallywix or Gazlowe?

In the datamine for 8.3, it was found that Blizzard had a rather strange interaction between Gazlowe and Thrall in the making where they discuss Gallywix. Thrall claims that Gallywix has fled Orgrimmar and asks Gazlowe if he will become Trade Prince of the Bilgewater Cartel. Gazlowe accepts, claiming that the Bilgewater Cartel shall simply follow him because Goblins go where the money is.

To me, this was destined to be quite possibly the poorest execution of Goblin lore I have ever encountered. Gallywix is gone, Gazlowe is in charge as Thrall completely goes back on his fears that the Bilgewater Cartel would fall apart if he messed with it directly; and furthermore, Goblins and their rich history of Cartel pride and trade wars are boiled down to being purely money driven beings within a single conversation.

However, in 8.3, I at least haven’t found many traces of this conversation, yet the point still stands. Gallywix is distinctly missing from the lore of 8.3 aside from the Goblin heritage questline where he’s trapped inside his own mech and the ‘new terms’ Hobart discusses with him are left unknown. Yet at the same time, Gazlowe is everywhere, having discussions with bankers and auctioneers about laying off ex-loyalists.

What do you think has happened to the Bilgewater Cartel? Is Gallywix still in charge, has Gazlowe taken over or have the story writers just given up the ghost and left the fate of its leadership unknown? In fact, what would you LIKE to see happen? Discuss here!

1 Like

Putting someone neutral in that position is very strange yes. If they appoint someone it should be a goblin from bilgewater too. Like Boss Mida.

I fear they put the green gnome in command.

Which is pretty sad because Gazlowe was a unique goblin, but now that he leads the Horde goblins he’ll probably make every Bilgewater goblin like that.

RIP my goblin friends, it was fun while it lasted and now you’ll be like gnomekind, benovelent and friendly to a fault.

The Thrall and Gazlowe Convo is still on live servers. You can trigger it after you kill Nzoth and watched the armistice Cinematic the Faction leaders are all paired up around the Embassy. Thrall and Gazlowe are a litte bit behind it to the left.

Gazlow in my opinion is the only logical Choice as Goblin Leader since Cataclysm him not being in charge has allways been stupid. The guy is around since Wc3 and actively helped the Horde on numerous occasions and it makes sense for him to choose a side during the Blood War considering most more neutral Npcs chose one side over the other.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.