[SPOILERS] Patch 8.3 Thread (Visions of N'zoth)

Not to mention rival cartels to the Bilgewater+Steamwheedle who won’t be happy at them apparently consolidating under Gazlowe.

1 Like

That would require Blizzard to remember Goblins are more than just explosions and making money.

Wanna say that it’s bullsh*t that Gazlowe gets to become Trade Prince of Bilgewater, when the goblin PC was actually a leading contender to become Trade Prince before the Cataclysm and Gallywix selling us into slavery.

F*ck you, Thrall, for handing the Bilgewater Cartel over to it’s rival company.

Trade Prince Moody or riot

3 Likes

Then why do we not see any of this bitter hatred between cartels portrayed in the game?

Rivalry and competition and underhanded tactics have always been a thing among goblins- But i find it hard to believe that several goblin generations have grown to obsessively hate one faction of goblins- After all, we have an abundant amount of goblins in the lore who willy-nilly change their allegiances.

As for Gazlowe, he seems to have been out there in the world for a long while- from his Zeppelin escapedes with Thrall to building Orgrimmar.

Some individual goblins undoubtedly harbor hatred toward outsider cartel goblins, but equally most goblins, again, do not seem to share a sentimentality for a cartwl if they can make a profit out of it.

You mean like when he went out his way to help Baine free TB despite it (possibly) putting him at odds with Garrosh, or how he lead his squad personally into Mechagon?

He’s always been a risk taker and a venturer into the unknown.

This is the same for just about every race in fairness.

It’s green orc savior complex really.

Big green man stepping in to determine what’s best for little green men

5 Likes

Because it wouldn’t be funny and would require a lot more attention and detail going into a race that a hilariously low percentage of the playerbase is invested in. There are more high level Void Elves than Goblins. The interest isn’t there.

Had there been a greater interest in goblins, perhaps we would’ve been exploring the uncharted territory that comes with a goblin NPC that wants to become Trade Prince. All the ups, the downs, the losses. The cheating. Reflecting over the wars. Touching on the humanity of goblinity, which has been hinted to frequently in game, but never actually explored.

But ask yourself whether this is because it’s convenient for plot / storytelling or whether it actually makes any sense. I know that ‘I’d sell my own mum’ is all the rage, but whenever Blizzard gets close to a goblin character (see Gallywix, see Gazlowe), they start touching on family ties and how they actually do matter a little. It just doesn’t happen very often. Realistically speaking, I think a lot of goblins would hold grudges. Not all of them - but a LOT. Especially ones in power, who have a stake in that fight.

Yeah, but he’s also always been depicted as smart. Gazlowe isn’t a Trade Prince, Steamwheedle is, wherever he’s at (if he even still exists), and not having worked towards the position probably means he won’t go into it fully prepared. If there was a fraction of logic to this situation, that’s kind of like hanging yourself.

Yeah, so the sweeping statement “Goblins don’t seem to generally mind” doesn’t kind of work when the sweeping statement “Goblins generally mind” also applies. Hence why I brought it up.

This screen will forever act as a reminder that Vulpera were chosen above Sethrak. :smirk_cat:

5 Likes

…Yet there isn’t much nuance in void elves either. Or in humans, or nelves, for that matter.

Dont get me wrong. I understand where you are coming from. I just think that like many things, it comes down to the individual level rather than cultural. Some goblins will absolutely be as you describe them, but some wont be either.

I on the other think that most goblins dont hold overarching grudges or sentimentality- But thats just my interpretation og the lore.

As I said, it feels more like the Horde is paying him to do fill the position rather than expect him to become a member of the Horde- Though I could be wrong.

And all the Bilge Rats

Whilst they may not have left Vol’dun en masse. There are definitely Vulpera out in the world.

4 Likes

Also it doesn’t matter if they’ve not left before, since Ebons can always just raise new ones.

2 Likes

Who’s the faction leader of Vulpera?

Or is Thrall gonna pick one for them too

2 Likes

Which is probably why we won’t reach a common ground here, granted.

How can he simultaneously be the leader of Bilgewater Cartel and a significant member of the Steamwheedle Cartel? They are competitors. You don’t work as the CEO of Microsoft and Apple at the same time because a politician rules it so. And if you do, you’re probably gonna try to merge the two rather than compete against yourself.

Bilgewater Cartel is Horde. Ergo, Gazlowe is Horde if he’s Bilgewater.

Lmao.

Nisha and Kiro.
I assume.

1 Like

Only a :lion: approved leader will do for the Horde.

Kiro. Kiro is the leader of Vulpera.

EDIT: Hah, your lack of knowledge is forever set in stone.

4 Likes

Whilst they may not have left Vol’dun en masse. There are definitely Vulpera out in the world.

To further support this, there’s also the Vulpera /silly:

“Not every vulpera makes their home in the dunes. Some become pirates on the high seas. We call them “quitters”.”

3 Likes

Powerful flex

1 Like

I didn’t care much for Kiro, that’s why I didn’t remember!

#NishaIsLoveNishaIsLife

1 Like

Orcs: Chief
Tauren: High Chieftain
Forsaken: Queen
Stormwind: King
Kul Tirans: Lord Admiral
Vulpera: Caravan Leader

4 Likes

Chieftain*

When no one remembers your favourite character of BFA

But he was best boi of BFA, and everything Baine is supposed to be.