(spoilers) Uther

Hey you remembered Dezco!

May I point out the same is actually true about Shaman, more or less?
We’ve never been this low on spirituality in the Horde…a bad sign.

A Ship without a compass!

3 Likes

Are shamans and paladins even somehow related to spirituality anymore? Shamans are just those guys who throw lightning and paladins are just those guys who use glowy attacks nowadays. Making them available cross faction was a mistake.

True man, I mean, I got over the part that they made them available crossfaction, even though that was the first big step to homogenizing the factions.
But yeah, they did take pretty much all of the spiritual out of both classes, now I’m just a walking Tesla coil ;/

1 Like

Yeah, if the game just had to be 100% “balanced” I’d rather have paladins and shamans being “a skin” of the same class with almost exactly mirrored abilities than just outright giving them to the other faction.

Horde shamans got shafted really hard. At least Alliance still sort of has the Silver Hand, they fought the Horde in Arathi, but Earthen Ring is now a completely neutral meme. Blizzard didn’t even bother to develop some new shaman organization in their stead, horde shammies are just faceless mooks existing somewhere in the background. Pretty sad.

1 Like

Damn man, you don’t have to lay it on so hard!

Seriously though, they could have done the balancing in other ways, other than just crossfaction those classes. plenty of stuff that could’ve been done through Blessings, auras and Judgements or Shamans and ancestral spirit abilities or even weapon or shield enhancements etc.

Wow, see, I even forgot to mention totems…we’re trully lost…

1 Like

Yeah, shamans could have had a Geomancer tank spec. And paladins a ranged dps spec - call it Inquisitor or something.

Totems could have been mirrored through Banners I suppose. Well at least the ones that buff your party like Windfury or Healing Tide one. Stunning banner would look pretty dumb I guess, but that could be replaced by an exploding light angel (Guardian of the Ancient Kings) or something.

1 Like

What could be more spiritual than a cosmic chart? But yeah, since they started to make one hard magic system with certain cosmic rules instead of many different much softer systems with vague connections… well, with the mystery went their interest in spirituality, I guess…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.