Spoilers - Windrunner easter egg 9.2.5

Spoiler Alert 9.2.5

So there will be a easter egg in windrunner spire. Four object will be placed in the spire.

• Green arrow representing Alleria and her passion to follow her heart. reminds me of the message under her statue in Stormwind “Your heart flew straight as any arrow upon the wind, Sister” -Sylvanas Windrunner
  • A purple bow represets Sylvanas and her ranger duties.
  • A blue book represents Vereesa and her calmness among the family, being the mediater. Blue could also represent the Alliance or her outfit. Which makes sense if you see her reactions during the two windrunner sisters meetings both in the Ghostlands and the Shadowlands she was the neutral one.
  • A harp which represents Lirath’s love for music.

First Vereesa dissapears, then Lirath, then Sylvanas, and lastly Alleria in this order. At first i thought the order was from youngest to oldest, then i remembered Vereesa was older than Lirath. so im not sure what to make of this. But im certain there is a meaning behind the order, or maybe its just random we will see.

1 Like

It’s not Lirath’s real soul of course, but just an Echo of the Past (just like the 3 sisters, and like it was in the comic about them as a family too).

Maybe the order in which they disappear (if it has a real meaning) is not about youngest to oldest but how much every sister loves and is personally connected to Lirath (and he disappears right before Sylvanas because he had a special connection with her). Meaning that Vereesa was the one who was less emotionally bound to him (since she accepted to train him as a ranger despite his Royal Musician job regardless of all the dangers, and she didn’t agree with Sylvanas who wanted to make him stay safe in Silvermoon, and he would have survived the attack in that way) , then Sylvanas, then Alleria who goes on a rampage against the Orcs hunting them down for revenge for his death.

It’s a cool event and easter egg, but overall I’m not sure why Blizzard refuse to update Windrunner Spire…I get that it can’t really be updated until Quel’thalas as a whole zone gets overhauled, but still, surely they could remove those cultists and Scourge mobs and put some Blood Elf guards (especially rangers) guarding the place…

I have the suspect Blizzard don’t really want the Blood Elves to take over, rebuild and protect Windrunner Spire even if it would make sense because they want to keep it as an old symbol of the past for the High Elves and the Windrunner family story, and to allow Void Elves/Alliance players to visit it without having to fight against the Blood Elves…but still, I think it’s more disrespectful to keep it in ruins forever and full of Scourge mobs that lore-wise have been defeated multiple times in the story anyway (not just by the players but even by the sisters themselves)… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Someone made a good video about what the area might have looked like before the war. It is beautiful. I think this could happen if and when all class/race combos was given, giving Blood elves druids which they can use to heal the land.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.