Sprint Visual Upgrade

Since Shadowlands is going to be the “visual upgrade and aesthetic features” expansion, I wanna take advantage of this and advance, as a rogue player, my proposal of visual upgrading the Sprint ability.

Sprint has always had such a poor animation since vanilla, it just looks so bad.
And I’m not talking about the running animation per se, but the extremely poor trail effect the character leaves behind. It’s hideous.

Can we finally have a better look for it?

1 Like

In vanilla and maybe TBC sprint animation was only a base animation of running beeing speeded up. It still can be experience in Classic WoW. That animation there was a weak one! In time sprint animation changed to this what we have today. Honestly, I’m quite satisfied with how it is look today even time passed by (on night elf female, I really don’t know how it look on other races).

My running and sprinting animation are literally the same animations but with more/less speed as far as I am concerned and I’m not the only worgen player who thinks that.

Alright, perhaps I misexplained: I’m not talking about the character running animation per se (although some races would really need that), I’m talking about the “sprint effect”, the trail visual you have upon sprinting.

It’s hideous, it’s badly done, we need something fresher and something more in line with current World of Warcraft aesthetic.

I suppose so but then again I don’t think its high up on their to-do list, it took them long enough to do talent swaps as it is.

It may not be on the high up of their to-do list, but seriously… how much work and time would that take? Let’s be honest.

I think, yeah, it is that one pixel width smudge wich can be replaced with ten other in game effects better representing speed run feeling. I would see smooth, transparent shadow of a character staying with some delay after him running.
Other ideas?

2 Likes

That’s a brilliant idea; I actually opened a reddit thread about it: check it out to see what kind of improvement I suggest.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.