Started as a joke, but this new class idea is kinda dope

Watched the new mandalorian season and mentioned it ingame to someone as a “new class announcement” meme, then started thinking about… what if though?

All the elements for a fun new class are there.
It could be a “mediocre all in one semi hero” class like DK used to be, one per account.
Call it mercenary if bounty hunter is unavailable, as we know disney wouldn’t like that.

If tanks healers and dps are all a 9/10 in their respectful fields, survivability, healing abilities, and dmg output, with a 3/10 in their lacking fields, then the mercenary could be a average 5/10 across the board. He CAN tank heal and do dmg, not being the best at any, but capable of everything. I think it would be cool to have the first class that can choose any role and based on that decision, when joining a bg/dungeon/raid he will get a instanced buff giving him more healing/reduced dmg taken/more aggro/ more dmg, based on the chosen role, not having to change his actual skill tree.

And for his abilities, straight up rip off the mandalorian:

• Azerite blast shooting pistol (30 yd)
  • One handed light sabre for melee range that burns the target for fire dmg over time
  • Snare ropes fired from a wrist gadget (15 sec 2 charges)
  • Minimissile barrage deployed from his back (1min)
  • Jetpack to hover 25 yd in the air for 7 sec (30sec cd) being immune to all cc
  • Variety of grenades, smoke, flash, explosives, burning x% life

(edit)

• Healing abilities: healing gas channeled from wrist, shooting injecting darts with meds, throwing aoe discs on the floor that beam disinfecting light. You can figure something out, not that hard.

And his jetpack would be his mount, like worg racial running, hovering 10 yd in air or flying like a normal flying mount in zones that allow it.

I mean, if you do it right this wouldn’t be even that far off the wow universe and jokes aside actually fit. Personally though I would limit the race to something new, restricted to human models only, with burnt skin under the helmet or disfigured faces.
You know if they actually did this, everyone would play it, it would be so much fun.
Appapapapapapa… don’t clap at me.
YOU KNOW if they sold this at the store for $99,99 they would make billions in a week.
YOU. KNOW. IT. Facts.

No.

Sounds like you should go play Star Wars: The Old Republic…

7 Likes

Tinker is already in the works for 11.0

1 Like

That sounds a lot like the tinker class indeed.

1 Like

cc immune on 30s cd with 7s duration… that’s actually broken and you should’ve seen that long before you wrote it.

Haha saw that one aswell and felt theres no hope left for this game if that sounds fair

You’re describing SWTOR. You can even get an armor set that looks just like the Mandalorian. And it’s free to play!

That wouldn’t be feasible in high-end content. That class wouldn’t be able to tank or heal anything higher than M+10 or normal raids. And nobody would want them as DPS either because their DPS would be poop.

Old school druid, jack of all trades master of none.
Nice concept, but it requires the right environment to work. And that includes:

• properly designed dungeons/raids to make them desirable
  • properly designed other classes to make everything more or less balanced

So basically…

I did say “when joining a bg/dungeon/raid he will get a instanced buff giving him more healing/reduced dmg taken/more aggro/ more dmg, based on the chosen role, not having to change his actual skill tree.” but hey, why read when one can be a reply andy…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.