State of English servers 1 month after WOTLK launch

Nice stat! So what we have. If Blizzard finally open paid transfers to Firemaw and Earthshaker and all Alliance players (that sounds unrealistic) from Mograine and Ashbringer transfer to these servers it still won’t create queues

Or so they say

they do, then again they also had over 200 servers for EU and over 200 for US.

2 Likes

Way too many PvP realms, only a few PvE realms and most of them are alliance sided with horde players only having Mirage Raceway where still Alliance is topping.

From IF.Pro that register Raidloged and PvP loged chars.

Firemaw
EU English • PvP
Week from 2022-10-19 to 2022-10-25
Alliance: 29.263
Horde: 88

Gehennas
EU English • PvP
Alliance: 0
Horde: 34.140

Overall Classic/TBC/WotLK population PvP Realms EU
Alliance: 76592 / 34.8%
Horde: 143767 / 65.2%

1 Like

Nice but two things, those figures are logged in players if I’m not mistaken, so there are probably more that weren’t logged in, and two, maybe next time make a total for horde and alliance players on all realms, maybe even breakdown by server type.

The forums can do tables. There are two ways but this is the easiest. The | on a uk keyboard is usually next to Z

Realm Alliance Horde
Nethergarde Keep 2482 1885
Firemaw 10496 71
|Realm|Alliance|Horde|
|:--|--:|:-:|
|Nethergarde Keep|2482|1885|
|Firemaw|10496|71|

Line one is the titles.
Line two is the justification. Centre is :-: Right is --: Left is :–
The rest is the data.

Thanks to Pachimari

6 Likes

Thaks for this, that is quite helpful.

I very much dislike how the horde population on Thekal feels, especially when playing at non-prime time. Its nice to see these numbers in comparison with bigger realms (mostly monofaction though sadly).
Thinking about lvling a toon somewhere with better population, this helps.

I mean Nethergarde isn’t in a bad spot per say considering total size of the server. We do have a slightly better Ratio although Mirage Raceway is bigger for sure.

1 Like

Even if your data is only ilustratory and by no means accurate, the point still stands. Server locks were good tool to endure release weeks, but now they are no longer necessary, what’s more they are even hurting the game at this point.

#ReMoVeSeRvErLoCkSBeFoReItStOoLaTe

I’d rather keep the lock on the mega servers. Spread people out to smaller servers.

3 Likes

I’d agree year and half ago but definitely not now. They passively tried this during TBC, now they purposely tried this during release weeks. The results? No significant shift. Why? Because megaservers are what majority of playerbase wants. Instead of constantly trying to go against will of majority, we should fially accept that megaservers are player desired standard and build around them. Life would be so much easier for all of us in that case.

Thanks for reminding me why I genuinely dislike humanity. I just don’t get it honestly. Giant overcrowded mess of a server practically monofaction in every big case and even then can feel empty thanks to layering and with obvious problems during any major content release. Really, infamous quote checks here…

I’d rather stay on NK than move to Pyrewood though

3 Likes

Yes. PvE as a whole is Ally-heavy and PvP as a whole Horde-heavy. This is why balanced servers are mostly impossible.

PS: Why do faction balance matter on a PvE server?

I think part of the deal is what people actually want to do and achieve, and the realm system doesn’t actually cut it.

PvP server is mostly a status symbol for the majority, apparently. If they actually wanted wpvp, they’d cry for it daily.

That aside, for random dungeons and both organized and random raids, you need a huge population to avoid significant wait times.

Looking at the number of players doing leveling and world content, I think it’s the minority - at this point, WoW is a dungeon crawler.

Having many players on a layer creates its own problems; quest creature competition mostly. Also, BC mining troubles were apparently down to population as these days I run past a lot of nodes.

I think the alternative to this whole situation is a mix of War Mode and GW2 approach where zones are individually spun up and players are placed in there to create a fair distribution.

I suspect the Cata+ storylines (and loud classic mentality) didn’t help the horde. I could identify with Thrall’s horde of honor but not with the aggressive fearmongers that horde has become. For the alliance!

1 Like

Utterly tragic that PvP servers exist with ratios like Gehennas and Firemaw etc… It’s basically a PvE server, absolutely pointless

2 Likes

Didn’t those stories generally end up with not inconsequential numbers among horde to rally up and remove the overly power hungry warleader?

Although then again outside WoW storylines the alliance isn’t much better. If you can’t tell by my avatar my opinion on their loyalty to one another isn’t exactly the highest. After it was Alliance that ditched Blood Elves forcing them to find new allies or perish.

Would people be interested in seeing another topic like this a week after T8/Ulduar comes out?

4 Likes

Alliance is like america, they’re far more toxic but it all happens in the dark.

So from 10k queues to 10k online players in 2 weeks.
And people say wotlk is not dying, must be fun to live on copium world

1 Like

Hard to get an accurate figure based on LFG channel.