State of Warlock

Any major reworks beside % boost?
And what’s up with silent topic removal xD

1 Like

I don’t get it. Apparently they just don’t care about the warlocks.

I mean its just so frustrating. Everyone has the same points and kalamazi pointed them out perfectly in his video.

We are just here to get milked :frowning:

1 Like

Its shoking how they cared more to delete all your post’s rather than adress issue,not to mention how they sneakily deleted my post.
Which makes you think…

1 Like

Destro and aff spec are both sooo outdated it is really unbelievable. And both specs are unplayable in m+ scene. Imagine the billion dolar company. I am just laughing when I think about it how they simply force us to accept nothingness.

In WOD and MOP it was more up to date(modern) compared to current one.

I love the affli and still love the playstyle in everything. It just needs 5% more dps on all abilities to be on par with demo. Rampup is also very fast, nobody can deny that anymore since DF.
Only thing that bothers me for affli despite being a bit lower in numbers, is that with the new set the talent variety is now absolutely gone. You have 1 choice with 1 change for fortified/tyrannical and vice versa.
Overall they should make Seed of Corruption (SoC) a bit less mandatory to be the “only” AoE spell to click.
And add a bit spice to Malefic Rapture (MR) so in a 2-3 target scenario you dont use anymore SoC and more MR.
In a lot of 2 target situations, depending on fortified/tyrannical talents SoC is on par with MR. And in 3 targets almost always better. I mean that additionally to all the dots up anyway.
The interaction of the new duration increase of soulrot makes it great, that with Darkglare in the burst, soulrot extends almost into the next cast of it. So the burst window is longer for bosses or 2 target situations.
I think the new set is more fun than the old one which was just a 10% buff.

The cooldown reduction on agony refresh aoe doesnt matter that much. And whoever casts it first plays affli wrong. U dot agony / (and, depending on pull size, siphon life ) on the targets while tank still gathering them, so you extend agony to almost 30s anyway with the aoe refresh on the burst.

Destro however is totally gutted since the new patch came out. Not only lost the most important Infernal CD Reduction talent, but also have a tier set, that uses the most boring talent/spell I would never want to press.

And Demo is the usual caster.
Cast Cast Cast and easy dps from pet.

It seems like warlock (especially affli) isnt understood good enough from a theorycrafted POV, when played by the current iteration of criticizers.

Aff is disgustingly bad in early keys and only works in high keys. But due to the nature of the spec, in high keys, it can either be insanely good which then gets it nerfed or be mediocre, as of now.

Packs dies fast, Aff has long a long ramp up and when packs die fast, you don’t have vile for the next pack which forces you tab targetting for your Agony. Fixing this is either you make dots do insane damage in short amount of time or seeds itself deals insane damage. If seeds does insane damage then in high keys you become a mosnter and get a nerf, MR can’t hit like a god otherwise ST becomes insanely good and seeds spell become useless, so they can’t have that too.

Overall, Aff is doomed to be mediocre. The playstyle is not rewarding vs. the difficulty it requires, which is weird.

To fix Aff:

1. Remove Siphon Life or bake it into Corruption, make them have the same duration,
  2. Remove MR, make Drain Soul spend shards and hit extra damage, if no shards it hits normal damage,
  3. Lower Vile cooldown to 15 seconds to the spell is available in early keys from pack to pack,
  4. For the love of god… Remove Dark Glare,
  5. Decrease Seeds cast time. I have 36% haste and it still feels miserable to cast Seeds,
  6. Remove Soulrot, just increase Seeds or VT damage.

With these Aff would be playable in M+ and then, imo, would be more easy to balance between ST and AoE.

I don’t feel like it would fix the spec,maybe simplefy but not fix.
Its the small things that would fix it such as proper SoulBurn /Soulswap.
Some talent needs to be in the spellbook rather then tree
Some nods needs to be on general tree.
All main demons have to be mandatory (its shoking at this point that they are a choice xD)
Anyways Merry Christmas everyone(except that gm that deleted 20 warlock threads)

agony should do a lot more dmg again, they should remove vile taint and stop destroying “dot” specs by making dot everything abilities that are also making dots weaker because otherwise it would be too op, seed of corruption was totally enough, its not hard to agony few adds

Vile taint is not the reason dots are weak, it’s malefic rapture. As long as MR is our spender we can’t have strong dots.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.