Stealth fix suggestion

So here’s the thing. In vanilla the stealth mechanic slowed movement by 50% and some believe this to be the proper way of dealing with someone “sneaking” because it creates less noise. Unfortunately, that argument is mute due to fact you can “sneak” up on someone as they are looking in your direction. And if you’re going to shoot that point down then the speed thing is pointless too. In addition, “Safe Haven” has proved that rogues are completely invisible, so add that to a battleground where noise is at its peak, moving quick would make little to no difference to someone who isn’t paying attention.

Now, you can trait so you move faster in stealth, with this; I agree.

However, there is no downside for the rogue, and just opens one particular person (two if you use vanish effectively) to a barrage of energy filled abilities that in most cases takes them out of the fight. Like I said, using vanish could just cause a rinse and repeat. I say we use a mechanic that’s already in the game that doesn’t change the speed but gives the rogue a choice of stealth within stealth… Stay with me.

There’s a quest for the undead near the starter zone where you have to slay worgens that are in stealth around the town, the only way to see where they are is the dirt up draft they cause from movement every 3 to 4 seconds. I think this should happen with rogues if they choose to toggle run while in stealth. And removes this if you toggle walk. (This also adds a use for the toggle walk/run ability that’s outside of RP which it should be. Let’s face it; other than walking with players in RP, the only use to get from it is the little in game conversations where an NPC is walking to an objective where you walk too slow and run to fast to stay with them. So yeh… )

With the release of the new cinematic, it would make sense due to the undead rogues being literally invisible and only spotted from making noise and causing objects in the world to move unorganically. What’s your thoughts?

EDIT: Personally, I think this should be visual only. Meaning NPCs would not benefit from this change, because NPCs can’t complain.

They should do 2 things:
1-Add burst of speed back ( huge quality of life improvement ) that can only be used from stealth.
2-Give vanish a 3 second damage invulnerability + remove from combat

3 simple fixes to rogue
smoke bomb baseline (class fantasy.)
preparation baseline or honor talent (ideally baseline.)
maneuverability baseline (passives like this should really not be a honor talent, the rank 2 for sprint is to reduce the CD by a minute. Bloody pathetic.)

with changes like this you would make up for stealth randomly breaking etc while giving default kit and ‘class fantasy’ to the class to help it live up to being a rogue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.