Sticky Bar (website usability issue)

Can I ask the forum team why they feel that we need a sticky bar at the top of the screen (position: fixed !important;).

As a usability design its attrocious, as it permanently eats 10% of my screen estate. Screen estate that would be better used to display actual relevant content.

If I need to click on a link, I can always scroll back to the top. Its not exactly so difficult to do that I have to lose 10% of my screen estate to a sticky bar containing the links.

12 Likes

My adblocker removes both and if I want it back I can just pause it.

I just hide the big one.

I have a huge ā€œDownload Battle.netā€ button on the endā€¦ I already have it!
Annoying.

5 Likes

I donā€™t like the change either. An optional toggle would be lovely.

Blocking the top of my screen with a bar isnā€™t a feature I feel I needed.

4 Likes

Same here, annoying design.

1 Like

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

2 Likes

I have no interest in the other games so itā€™s just an annoying ā€˜thingā€™ with loads of pointless links. Imho.
And Iā€™ve just realised it follows me down the page which is one of the most annoying things on modern websites.

2 Likes

This change is worse than not getting any tier in vault before you have 4 piece.

1 Like

As stated in the thread on the general forums I donā€™t mind the bar allowing me to change subforums within the main WoW forum, the lower of the two bars, but the upper bar is exceptionally annoying.

Even moreso is the fact that there are gaps above and below the bar so you can see text and forum avatars sliding behind it.

At least allow us to hide the bar.

3 Likes

What the heck is this abomination ā€¦? :woman_facepalming:
Stop with this horrible mobile 1st implementation, or do it properly. (and at least, hide it on scrolling)

To mimic one of your most famous quotes : Ā«Do You Guys Donā€™t Know Media Queries?Ā»

1 Like

Itā€™s somewhat annoying, yes.

1 Like

Install adblock and block the big bar.

1 Like