Still no Mage buffs

Another week, still no Mage buffs. How much more time would it take for the balance team to realize that Mage is a DPS class and it should do DPS in the first place! You can not have your most iconic caster on the bottom with all of their specs!

20 Likes

Im kind of wondering the same thing, are they not going to do anything? Its been quite a while now and they have put a lot of effort into making the game more easilly balanced.

How hard can it be to buff every spec below the middle by 1% and nerf every spec above the average by 1%, then do that untill specs are balanced?
Yeah i see how that is a terrible way to do it, but its still a LOT better than not doing anything.

1 Like

Blizzard prefer dismisses man/woman before Look if the game is balance

Dear Blizzard,
I would like a large buff to ice lance please. The egghead simers say that you get more dps without casting ice lance atm!

A large ignite buff to fire. It has plenty of burst but that would help ST, cleave and aoe.

Arcane I would like a buff to nether tempest and to add arcane explosion to rule of three. Also a huge reduction to cost of utilty/defensive spells (is there another class that loses so much of its dmg resources on those spells?), maybe change spellsteal to 2 charges on a cd so we can’t spam it.

Thanks

1 Like

if the 8% sackings were all from the class balance team, then they deserved it!

so welcome new class balance team people, looking forward to your hotfixes next wednesday, and no don’t nerf wildfire again

1 Like

He ment GCD…

I don’t think so. How can a spell have two charges and not have a cooldown?

Not really. You’re stupid if you can’t see the positivies of a change like that, though.

What? Just don’t spam it if you think it’s bad to spam it. That must be the worst suggestion I’ve seen ever^^ And I have no idea who you are talking about, but if people say ice lance is not worth casting they are 100% wrong. These kinds of posts is why Blizzard is not listening to the community. Suggestions based on misinformation. And suggestions to make classes easier so you don’t misplay is just sad… Have we not had enough simplification?

2 Likes

Please enlighten me. Why is it better to have the spell have a CD instead of you deciding excactly when to use it? If you want two charges I bet there is an addon or something you can use to make the keybind mute for a while after clicking it twice. If you spam spellsteal and you think it’s bad, maybe just don’t do it?

On ST sims Ice lance is not worth the +1Icycle from frostbolt. The only time it is worth casting is after Glacial - flurry combo. Because the whole spec revolves around the Glacial flurry, ice lance is a dead GC that does not have % to proc Brain Freeze, nor give resourse to Glacial and does too little damage.
Because FoF Ice lance does less damage per second than the optimal sim dps, Simcraft rejects it as a dead spell.
On cleave or during movment it is entirely different story.

Why is it worth to cast the ice lance after the glacial+flurry if it’s a dead GC after frostbolt+flurry? Doesn’t make sense to me.

And what about during frozen orb, it’s still not worth to consume the FoF-procs?

This is news to me.

Because it is within the GCD.

On ST it is not worth to consume them. FoF Ice lance does less dps than your optimal dps, which makes it dead GCD.

Arcane uses mana to do damage, so clearly having to spend mana to spellsteal is a pretty big disadvantage. Having it on a cooldown instead of having to spend mana on it would solve that.

If you would rather have a CD on it, just don’t press it… I don’t understand why you can’t press other abilities unless spellsteal get’s a CD. If you think pressing it is bad, don’t press it… LIke… What?

My bad, I forgot most people who post here are <80 IQ troglodytes. I’ll try and explain it as simply as I can to you.

Arcane uses mana to deal damage, and spellsteal costs mana. If they have to use spellsteal, which costs a lot of mana, they lose a significant amount of damage, that neither of the other two specs do.

Because of this, it might be better for it to have cooldown charges instead of having a high mana cost, as that would allow arcane mages to use spellsteal without having it impact their damage, without being able to just spam it.

Do you understand now, or would you like me to repeat it again, you absolute retard?

1 Like

You should actually say that you mean that they should remove the mana cost (or reduce it) then, you monkey^^ Instead of just saying they should add a CD/charge system.

1 Like

If you were a mage you would have understood. Why you got so upset about it when you are apparently a monk I don’t understand.

I am as much a mage as you, if not more. Better pvp xp this expansion, more raids cleared, better logs, higher rairder io score. On my mage. It doesn’t make me a mind reader though.

Post from your mage on the mage forums then?