Still no reason to bring a feral to M+/Raids

Feral still doesn’t have any unique utility or raid buff.

A balance druid can do everything a feral does but better (treants, solar beam).

Mark of the wild is for all druid specs. Feral should get Leader of the Pack back.

If nothing is done, it will be another « forced to play balance » expansion.

3 Likes

At the level of content you’re doing, no-one is forcing you to play balance but yourself. It may be a thing in some CE guilds or in super high (above +25) keys, depending on tuning, but certainly not for KSM and HC raiding.

2 Likes

I will go back to mythic raiding in DF.

I raided at mythic level in the past in several guilds.

And every single time I was forced to switch to moonkin.

By the way, have you ever tried to grind KSM as a feral druid ?

This is my feral druid: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/ravencrest/nylendis

2 Likes

I did it in S3 (with KSH) and in S4 (2,5k Rio now), because with Tier Set and two Legendaries the overall damage in M+ is much better than before.

But I agree that Feral needs any unique thing to be more interesting for PUGs.

2 Likes

And a CE guild even brings a feral druid to the raid, not for RWF but still.

1 Like

Then shadow priest also needs something special they Have nothing in DF a feral still have mark of the wild.

Dont forget Mage or shaman.

Lots of classes dont have unique abilities given how spread out things such as BL are today among the classes.

Priest does bring PI which is liked by people though although u would likely bring a healing priest for that.

Rogue will be crazy with their CDR reduction for the group / raid 1

I think every spec - spec, not class - should bring something unique. It would make raid leaders’ jobs more complicated because there would be so many more unique things than there would be spaces in the (mythic) raid, but at least it would give every spec the chance to compete for a spot on a relatively equal basis.

However, that’s a different conversation.

The feral problem is unique because it’s competing for a highly coveted melee dps spot, and the things it brings - stampeding roar and mark of the wild - can be brought by 3 other roles. In a mythic raid team, there are 5 or 6 melee dps spots, and once you’ve allocated one to a DH (magic buff), monk (physical buff), warrior (battle shout), DK (AMZ, grip), you only have 1 or 2 spots left. It’s likely one will go to a rogue because:

So, where does that leave feral druid? Even if mark of the wild and stampeding roar are considered useful enough that they would be brought instead of one of the other buffs, they won’t be because it isn’t necessary. A raid team doesn’t have to give up another melee dps buff to get the feral druid buff because they can just bring a boomkin instead. (And that’s assuming neither of the tanks is guardian and none of the healers is resto druid.)

I know feral isn’t unique that it’s competing against ‘required’ classes for a melee spot. Ret paladin is in that situation, and enhance shammy and survival hunter. Where it is unique is that it’s not just competing against the other melee dps, but against the tank, healer AND ranged dps spec from its own class. No other dps spec is up against that amount of competition.

So, I understand the OP’s point, and I do think feral needs something to distinguish it from the other druid competition. I just don’t agree that the situation is as bad as the OP claims.

1 Like

My point was, nothings going to change.

BL is so widely optioned now that no ones secured by it.

Rogue of all options?? Got made even better.

And the group of classes with no unique options will basically fight for the scraps left after a raid has the unique utility from the mandatory classes.

I’m not arguing with your point. I’m saying it’s a different conversation and it deserves a thread of its own rather than being piggy-backed onto this one.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.